Proposal: New York Rangers - Vancouver Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I thought Podkolzin was a very physical player, but he only got 36 hits in 33 games. Miller has 50 in 37. Podkolzin is not a big shot blocker, doesn't kill penalties. So where is this hype coming from? Fast skater I assume?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I thought Podkolzin was a very physical player, but he only got 36 hits in 33 games. Miller has 50 in 37. Podkolzin is not a big shot blocker, doesn't kill penalties. So where is this hype coming from? Fast skater I assume?

He is a modern day power forward who wins puck battles and despite his stats this year will most likely grow into a top 6 forward who could put up 20 goals a year. His shot this year has been fantastic and he definitely looks like he will be a goal scorer moving forward. His defensive game is well above average and his ability to just over power defenders to the net at age 20 something that will only get better with age.

He is the type of player that doesnt get traded if he reaches his potential because they as so hard to come across

Comparables would be prime Josh Anderson/Zach Hyman but he could also grow into being a Mark Stone type player

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He is a modern day power forward who wins puck battles and despite his stats this year will most likely grow into a top 6 forward who could put up 20 goals a year. His shot this year has been fantastic and he definitely looks like he will be a goal scorer moving forward. His defensive game is well above average and his ability to just over power defenders to the net at age 20 something that will only get better with age.

He is the type of player that doesnt get traded if he reaches his potential because they as so hard to come across

Comparables would be prime Josh Anderson/Zach Hyman but he could also grow into being a Mark Stone type player

you know how many players looked very promising after 30 games and did not amount to much? Miller is still better and has much higher upside. And he is already more proven.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
pass no thanks
we are NOT dealing youth for vets
almost without exception, we have enuf for our own needs, but not a surplus
can only consider youth for youth esp if we are to stay ahead of the cap, and even then, I want profit not just a trade for sake of making a trade.

Agree with nearly all of this incl that Schneider is the least of the prospects to get moved.
We will make every effort beg. next yr to bribe Trouba to waive his nmc a bit early.
Absent that, we may consider moving Lindgren to keep our prize elcs.

The only place the Trouba Train accepts a trade to is probably Detroit. In which case Yzerman offers future considerations for Trouba and a first rounder or NY eating $2 million+ of AAV per season. It will be a painful bribe.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

This

Reactions: gianni

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Was talking about JT Miller

I think he might've been referring to K'andre Miller, but yeah, it got confusing when he wrote, "Miller is still better and has much higher upside. And he is already more proven."

you know how many players looked very promising after 30 games and did not amount to much? Miller is still better and has much higher upside. And he is already more proven.

Vasili Podkolzin has 7 goals in 33 games, two more than Kaapo Kakko in the same amount of GP, one less than Alexis Lafreniere with 4 less GP.

Are the Rangers still high on those two, or is Miller still better and have much higher upside. And is already more proven?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The only place the Trouba Train accepts a trade to is probably Detroit. In which case Yzerman offers future considerations for Trouba and a first rounder or NY eating $2 million+ of AAV per season. It will be a painful bribe.

this is uninformed
there is a reasonable basis to think that, esp if people were working behind the scenes to ensure his wife had desirable medical career opportunity at preferred location of choice, that FL --- either Panthers or TB --- is an acceptable fit.
They live there for tax purposes at min.

And if DET was in on it, they would not cut their nose to spite their face and crazy underbid as you indicate.
JT would be a valuable add and while Stevie would want to extract a discount, he would still cough up valuable futures

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The guy the Rangers should be interested in on the Vancouver Canucks is Brock Boeser.....solves their urgent need for another scoring forward. And maybe add in Luke Schenn as a veteran, right-shot d-man, which is another NY need.

But what do they have to offer in terms of prospects, picks heading back the other way to the Canucks?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Try watching a player before you extract 3 random stats and try to form an opinion. He skates fine, but he isn't overly fast so nope on that too.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Miller is 21 years old, often playing 20+ minutes a night. We don't really have a replacement right now. Don't give me this Jones/Lundkvist, bs, they get exposed far worse than Miller. But they're both more flashy with less games played, so they apparently get a pass.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The guy the Rangers should be interested in on the Vancouver Canucks is Brock Boeser.....solves their urgent need for another scoring forward. And maybe add in Luke Schenn as a veteran, right-shot d-man, which is another NY need.

But what do they have to offer in terms of prospects, picks heading back the other way to the Canucks?

no Rangers do not have surplus of prospects to deal can only consider youth for youth, no vets
ALSO
cap cap cap
next yr cap is crippling no room to add anybody until Trouba waives
and even then, need that $$ for LAf Kakko Blais etc $$$

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Miller is 21 years old, often playing 20+ minutes a night. We don't really have a replacement right now. Don't give me this Jones/Lundkvist, bs, they get exposed far worse than Miller. But they're both more flashy with less games played, so they apparently get a pass.

Miller also got size, speed and skill not too many 6'4" Dmen can do this:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
maybe you need to do research on Miller?

No I don't, I know he has value, I also know that Pod does too, he's a PWF, he is already very good in his own end, he has a very good attitude, lethal shot, has all the makings of a top 6 guy who is built like a shit brickhouse and can be trusted in any situation. Guys like that are hard to come by, the same as guys like Miller are, that's why one isn't more valuable than the other.

If Pod is so much worse than honest question, does Miller have more value than Kakko?

Because Pod doesn't have as much value even though in his rookie season he has more goals than Kakko on a far worse team.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
this is uninformed
there is a reasonable basis to think that, esp if people were working behind the scenes to ensure his wife had desirable medical career opportunity at preferred location of choice, that FL --- either Panthers or TB --- is an acceptable fit.
They live there for tax purposes at min.

And if DET was in on it, they would not cut their nose to spite their face and crazy underbid as you indicate.
JT would be a valuable add and while Stevie would want to extract a discount, he would still cough up valuable futures

This is wishful thinking with no basis in fact whatsoever. The Rangers are stuck with Trouba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad