NFL: New York Jets Fire Robert Saleh

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Restructuring that contract pushes the contract further into the future, when the cap is higher, yes.

Pollard is currently running behind an atrocious Titans line, for about 4 yards per attempt, and about 85 yards from scrimmage per game. "Great value" back Breece Hall is running for about 3 yards per attempt. And yes, I have also watched Titans games.

I sure would be embarrassing myself if that strawman you just attacked were a claim I made. Of course, I didn't make that claim. Congrats on beating that strawman though, I guess?

EVERY late 2nd round to early 3rd round position is extremely hit and miss. Safeties and running backs regularly produce starters.

Where is the value?

I don't have time to keep trying to educate you on why running backs have little value in 2024. There are a ton of articles out there on it, and it usually pops up in the summer when backs aren't getting paid. Go read up on it if you actually want to learn something. Or sit here in the summer and wait eagerly for the top OC candidates to try their best to get a chance to coach old ass Rodgers and the best value RB duo in 2025.
You can't argue with that dude, but keep fighting the good fight,

It's funny cause his 'great value' of the Jets RB's falls apart when they drafted Breece in the early 2nd and then got Allen in the 4th who seems to be taking snaps from Breece and producing better.

I actually think they are a solid backfield limited by scheme and o line talent, but no coach cares that they have two solid RB's as a reason to go there lol it is legitimately the easiest position to fill in the NFL.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I think Jets fans are now beginning to understand why Packer fans were not sorry to see Aaron Rodgers go.

I wanted Lamar that year when there was momentum of a trade out of Baltimore happening or Carr in free agency, I already knew the dude would be the pseudo GM/HC/QB trio. Carr stinks but the power struggle shit would not be happening + Carr wouldn't bring his cronies to surround the Jets with.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I wanted Lamar that year when there was momentum of a trade out of Baltimore happening or Carr in free agency, I already knew the dude would be the pseudo GM/HC/QB trio. Carr stinks but the power struggle shit would not be happening + Carr wouldn't bring his cronies to surround the Jets with.
Balt wasn't going to deal Lamar unless the contract given to him was insane.

Carr, yep, could have pushed for him, but if the offer was close to NO, he was going to sign with NO. Jets would have to top the $70 mill he was guaranteed to get from NO.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Balt wasn't going to deal Lamar unless the contract given to him was insane.

Carr, yep, could have pushed for him, but if the offer was close to NO, he was going to sign with NO. Jets would have to top the $70 mill he was guaranteed to get from NO.

Idk man, it was getting very dire there that a good trade package could've pried him out of there imo at the time. I'm glad for Ravens fans it didn't, that dude is a baller, I would've killed for him in NY but it is what it is. And Carr has said he was gonna pick the Jets but they were dragging their feet to see Rodgers's availability

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Idk man, it was getting very dire there that a good trade package could've pried him out of there imo at the time. I'm glad for Ravens fans it didn't, that dude is a baller, I would've killed for him in NY but it is what it is. And Carr has said he was gonna pick the Jets but they were dragging their feet to see Rodgers's availability
I doubt Carr's personality would have handled the NY media/fanbase. But, that's just me.

As for the Ravens, Lamar never really put it out there that he wanted/demanded out. He just wanted his money. Can't say that there were any leaks of his mom actually talking to other teams. But, maybe that did occur.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I doubt Carr's personality would have handled the NY media/fanbase. But, that's just me.

As for the Ravens, Lamar never really put it out there that he wanted/demanded out. He just wanted his money. Can't say that there were any leaks of his mom actually talking to other teams. But, maybe that did occur.

Lamar went public with a trade request at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad