NFL: New York Jets Fire Robert Saleh

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Hall/Allen is a great RB duo. Shitty plain offense which the opposing defenses can predict their next plays make it hard for them to get going. I doubt Barkley would be much better in this offense and behind this O-line.

I’m glad other people recognize how good the Hall and Allen RB combo is. Some fans “watch” the games but have no idea what they’re looking at.

In terms of talent-to-cost, the Jets have the best RB tandem in the league. And that’s the most important factor in winning a championship - - having players outperform their contract.

Unfortunately, the Jets running game is stifled by their incompetent OC. When there’s a bad pass play call, Rodgers is able to read the coverage and know that his third option is the best play and the first option won’t work. But when there’s a bad run play call, Rodgers can’t overcome the useless OC.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I’m glad other people recognize how good the Hall and Allen RB combo is. Some fans “watch” the games but have no idea what they’re looking at.

In terms of talent-to-cost, the Jets have the best RB tandem in the league. And that’s the most important factor in winning a championship - - having players outperform their contract.

Unfortunately, the Jets running game is stifled by their incompetent OC. When there’s a bad pass play call, Rodgers is able to read the coverage and know that his third option is the best play and the first option won’t work. But when there’s a bad run play call, Rodgers can’t overcome the useless OC.

The only reason Hackett is the OC is because Rodgers demanded it.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

That's obviously vastly oversimplifying it.

And I enjoy how your argument changed from "you're not watching the games" to "you just don't get," but importantly not while actually responding to me.:laugh:

To the value of a great running back on your team, just look at the great success of Barkley, Jacobs, Henry in recent years. If your future head coach desperately wants a great running back on your team, neat. Tell him you'll spend a 1st rounder on him, and you'll get the 1st or 2nd best in the draft, no matter how good the running back class is.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
As a Jets fan, this team consistently shows why they're a f***ing clown show and why they haven't made the postseason in almost 14 years. I have no qualms firing Saleh, he's beyond f***ing terrible as a coach, the Jets are consistently unprepared and woefully undisciplined in every game. This issue is why wasn't he fired last year? Because they all bought the bullshit the team was good and got "unlucky" that their 39-40 year old QB stepped the wrong way once and tore his Achilles. That couldn't be further from the honest truth. They lost games last year where they should've won with Zach Wilson at the helm and simply didn't, just like how they lost to an offensively inept Denver team at home a week ago. Again, that's a coach thing, you shouldn't be playing up and down to your opponents but there's also holes on the roster that this fanbase/management ignored for the sake of getting Rodgers back. You fire Saleh on the fact he can't get this team to play at their level regardless who is under center or lined up across from you. He was a cheerleader in essence and not a NFL head coach. Next, Hackett is a f***ing imbecile and should've never been hired but that was a move fueled by nepotism and trying to get Rodgers to NY in the first place. That guy shouldn't be coaching high school football let alone the pros. Robert Saleh stinks as an NFL coach and probably deserved to be fired but the timing was abysmal and proof that Rodgers is the pseudo owner/GM/QB of this team as if the signings in free agency in 2023 didn't show that enough. The Jets have an Aaron Rodgers problem, maybe they'll make the playoffs this year on pure luck of how good the roster is but they're never winning anything until Woody Johnson sells the franchise due to him not having smart football people in charge + being hands off.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Jets have the fewest rushing yards per game in the NFL. They have the 3rd fewest yards per attempt.

That's not going into how RBs aren't expensive, either in FA or in the draft.

That's not excellent offensive weapons. That's one weapon, and two backs who may be good behind a good run blocking line, but clearly aren't difference makers.

The Jets run blocking is abysmal, they're a much better unit at pass protection. The first 3 weeks when everyone was healthy, I think they were a top 3-5 unit in terms of pass blocking. Also, the OL as a whole has a taken a massive hit since Morgan Moses went down, Olu Fashanu looks in over his head right now as a rookie and it's showing. The RB's are good but I do worry about Hall a little bit getting beat up behind this OL and losing his confidence which is a crazy statement with all the shit that Hall has endured in his career in terms of offensive ineptitude.

woody should reach out to belichick

He would never coach this franchise again and would probably take the job only to retire again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad