GDT: New Years Resolutions - Oilers v Ducks - 6 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Giving Stu big credit the past few games. I've been really hard on him but he's made several big stops and has looked really good. Great to see after that Tampa game. I've always rooted for the guy but I was losing faith in how slow he was looking. Some of those moves and saves the past few games have been elite and he's been all in trying to keep that puck out of the net.

I suspect Rodrigue is the goalie of the future and perhaps they will make a nice tandem. We shall see but also hoping Pickard can have another solid game tonight. Need to keep the wins coming.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The proverbial "trap game". They need to come out like they did against the Sharks and put this away early.

If it were me I'd start Rodrigues, but very likely you are correct
Rodrigue still needs to get more time in the minors. And last I looked, we need all the points we can get. It's not like we're in first and can experiment. This is the NHL, a tough league and you can get beat anytime, anywhere. This is not the time to be f***ing around.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
f*** man I made the mistake of looking at Reddit. LA fans still going on about refs favoring us, even though they seem to get twice as many calls as we do and a lot of them are completely insane made up calls.

So glad we beat them, yet again.

Now let’s move on and beat the dirty Ducks. I’ll never forgive them for that series against us where they literally pulled Talbots pads open for a goal, never seen that in my life, insane it was allowed, just an absolute travesty of a series. I don’t care if the Ducks are last place in the league, pound these guys every time.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
f*** man I made the mistake of looking at Reddit. LA fans still going on about refs favoring us, even though they seem to get twice as many calls as we do and a lot of them are completely insane made up calls.

So glad we beat them, yet again.

Now let’s move on and beat the dirty Ducks. I’ll never forgive them for that series against us where they literally pulled Talbots pads open for a goal, never seen that in my life, insane it was allowed, just an absolute travesty of a series. I don’t care if the Ducks are last place in the league, pound these guys every time.
I wish I could like this one twice

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
The proverbial "trap game". They need to come out like they did against the Sharks and put this away early.

Rodrigue still needs to get more time in the minors. And last I looked, we need all the points we can get. It's not like we're in first and can experiment. This is the NHL, a tough league and you can get beat anytime, anywhere. This is not the time to be f***ing around.
He’s got to get a game this season imo. First off, he deserves it based on his play. But if I’m not mistaken he’ll be waiver eligible next season, so give him a look this season.

Is now the right time? Probably not, we need points badly. But if our goalies are slumping or banged up and we’ve got a game against a bottom feeder, try him out.

Every great goalie has to start somewhere, they need their chance. Just see what you’ve got, 1 game and go from there.

You see random goalies emerge in other orgs because they try them out. Someone gets injured or sick and they toss in an AHL guy, sometimes that guy has a great game and never looks back. Goalies are weird, you don’t know what you’ve got until they’re about Rodrigues age, it’s not like how forwards develop.

I could easily see us not give him a chance, trade him somewhere for peanuts and watch him step into the league and have a solid career. We’re seeing it now with Kesselring and it’s not uncommon for this to happen.

1 game, just find the right moment and give him a chance.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He’s got to get a game this season imo. First off, he deserves it based on his play. But if I’m not mistaken he’ll be waiver eligible next season, so give him a look this season.

Is now the right time? Probably not, we need points badly. But if our goalies are slumping or banged up and we’ve got a game against a bottom feeder, try him out.

Every great goalie has to start somewhere, they need their chance. Just see what you’ve got, 1 game and go from there.

You see random goalies emerge in other orgs because they try them out. Someone gets injured or sick and they toss in an AHL guy, sometimes that guy has a great game and never looks back. Goalies are weird, you don’t know what you’ve got until they’re about Rodrigues age, it’s not like how forwards develop.

I could easily see us not give him a chance, trade him somewhere for peanuts and watch him step into the league and have a solid career. We’re seeing it now with Kesselring and it’s not uncommon for this to happen.

1 game, just find the right moment and give him a chance.

Exactumon. As you say, "1 game, just find the right moment and give him a chance."

But now is not the moment.

I wish I could like this one twice
You can't like it twice, but you can love it.;)

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Anything going on in The Work Bench tonight?
I might get right adventurous and start with the wife at 10 seconds to midnight and finish up at 30 seconds after midnight
Then I can say I rode from one year into the next

Or I might pass out by 1130. I haven’t made New Years since the 90’s. Just another day to me
We have both kids tonight ugh. So I don’t know. Hopefully when they go down we can get a little busy!

I will drink a lot of IPA beers though!

And colts won too!

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

This is part of why I don't see this as trap game or scheduled loss.

Also, Rodrigues doesn't need more time, the team, the organization, needs to see if he has NHL chops yet or not. The desperation is there, and if it's not, they aren't paying attention.

Reactions: Oil53

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Want to see them work hard and close out the calendar year with a win. Won’t be able to watch though as we are heading out to a party for the evening.

Happy New Year fellas and we’ll see you in 2024.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
We have both kids tonight ugh. So I don’t know. Hopefully when they go down we can get a little busy!

And colts won too!
Packers r on at 930 Atlantic time.

And colts won too!
packers r on at 930 Atlantic time. I’ll watch during intermission. We need to win out and get help

• Wow
Reactions: tardigrade81

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I’m predicting a Connor Brown goal tonight. If not, we r changing to:

1704067413704.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad