GDT: New Years Resolutions - Oilers v Ducks - 6 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
So let's just stop with the nonsense, it is not a scheduled loss, the ducks are not good. The organizations job is to put out the best team. They have a massive hole in goal and a kid playing extremely well, you, as an organization, are literally required to see if he can play at the NHL level or what the f*** are you even doing?

Calvin Pickard is not an NHL regular and that's fine, but they need an NHL regular

Rodrigues literally just has to drive down the hwy, this opportunity couldn't be more perfect and it's a mild challenge
You actually think this is the perfect opportunity? It’s far far from it.

A home game with some time to settle in would be perfect. He’s a rookie for god sake.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Win this and only a game and a half back of a wild card spot. Dont drop this game!!!

Go Oilers!
Anything going on in The Work Bench tonight?
I might get right adventurous and start with the wife at 10 seconds to midnight and finish up at 30 seconds after midnight
Then I can say I rode from one year into the next

Or I might pass out by 1130. I haven’t made New Years since the 90’s. Just another day to me

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Keep your magic rolling @5 Mins 4 Ftg.

May 2024 be a healthy & successful year for all my friends and your families here on HF Oilers.
IMG_3879.jpeg

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Can't call it a scheduled loss since it's against the Ducks but hopefully the Oilers still have the juice to take this one especially after an intense game last night.,

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Pickard has been decent enough. but I do hope the team shows up in front of him. A few games he’s been hung out to dry. Haha
Sure, but Pickard isn't going to "be" anything other than a #3. That's totally fine, that has value in the organization, but they need more, so they HAVE to see if Rodrigues can provide that.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Huge emotional win last night against a bitter rival. Double down on the resiliency word as coming down from that huge win requires tired legs to fire up for a lesser opportunity waiting at home and cooled. I'm watching for the same attention to details in their own zone play and net front support to clear pucks and bodies to help their backup tender get a W.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
I've got the perfect avatar oh...

Resolutions:

Less Brown, smelly thing, Brown, you know Brown, smell, yucky, Brown Ewww

We need a goalie.

need more or less fibre in diet. I don't know how to do this??!!

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Rodrigues the starter in Bakersfield now. He isn't getting called up any time soon.

Not pointing you out specifically, but since I’ve seen it a few times in this thread, it’s Oilvier Rodrigue not Rodrigues.

It’s kinda like Hyman vs…well…you know…

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I've got the perfect avatar oh...

Resolutions:

Less Brown, smelly thing, Brown, you know Brown, smell, yucky, Brown Ewww

We need a goalie.

need more or less fibre in diet. I don't know how to do this??!!

You need a happy Leon avatar. We’re never winning with sad Leon.

Not pointing you out specifically, but since I’ve seen it a few times in this thread, it’s Oilvier Rodrigue not Rodrigues.

It’s kinda like Hyman vs…well…you know…

Or McLoed vs how everyone else thinks it’s supposed to be spelled.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Let’s hope we slay the nye dragon tonight, been some pretty grim outcomes of late.
This one isn't exactly Habs vs Red Army marquee. Biggest problem in this game is the oilers don't play it postclimactically. Easy for the team to get up against LA, the team other than Drai has some more trouble getting up for shooting ducks.

You need a happy Leon avatar. We’re never winning with sad Leon.

Or McLoed vs how everyone else thinks it’s supposed to be spelled.
Leon eating duck is perfect at least a few times a season. More if playoffs Ducks is on menu. Get thee away from yon avatar. Lest thee go back to Annie Clarke. Nobody willth liketh that. Methinks thou doth protests too muche ;)

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
If it were me I'd start Rodrigues, but very likely you are correct

A game like tonight would be quite suitable for Pickard. The guy has been a champ since the call up n deserves this start (if he gets it).

Im hungry to see Rodrigues too, but I'd also like to see how long he can keep this run going that he's on in the AHL. If it continues for another month, bring Rodrigues up at or around the All-Star break (thats just my opinion)

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
A game like tonight would be quite suitable for Pickard. The guy has been a champ since the call up n deserves this start (if he gets it).

Im hungry to see Rodrigues too, but I'd also like to see how long he can keep this run going that he's on in the AHL. If it continues for another month, bring Rodrigues up at or around the All-Star break (thats just my opinion)

It's been 25+ games over 2 years. He needs a look in the NHL, the Oilers should be desperate enough to need to try

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
It's been 25+ games over 2 years. He needs a look in the NHL, the Oilers should be desperate enough to need to try

When the time is right Im sure he'll be given a proper look. The rumour mills are turning in Oiler media that the organization has it on their radar to give him a cup of coffee.

We're finally in a spot where Skinner is playing more consistent, Pickard has been adequate in the back role, and Rodriques excelling in his role right now too, so lets not rush to change everyone's rhythm.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I'll be watching this while laying on the couch and possibly treating myself to a glass of wine and that'll be my evening.

A win would be great because much like LA, I also hate the f***ing Ducks.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad