Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
rhDVzfF.jpg
Is this legit? Would totally get that.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Dirty little secret no one ever seems to mention: the Isles' Royal/White/Bright Orange color scheme is kind of an ugly combo. We're fortunate that their home and away jerseys are actually nice, but all the other jerseys have been pretty hideous except for maybe this one (probably just because the orange was minimized - the orange is the problem and should not be emphasized, although even on this jersey they just HAD to go overboard with the silver around the NY):

Islanders-Stadium-Series-Jersey-2014.png

If they HAVE to do a 3rd jersey, I'd like to see them use their colors but alter the hues a bit. Maybe something like a softer, muted light orange stripe at the bottom to represent sand, with the main body of the jersey being a softer blue (water) and white-ish at the top (sky/whitecaps). You know, like the beach. Maybe on the sleeves have a band of thin white/orange/blue/white stripes. And call it a day. Just not busy for Pete's sake.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
It is a rather bright combo. I was always a fan of the toned-down take.
mariusz-czerkawski-of-the-new-york-islanders-skates-on-the-ice-during-picture-id495012513

Since you posted this photo, I just want to say (and I am sure I am in the minority on this) but I always liked when the Isles had the navy blue as their primary color. I liked the way it looked in contrast to most teams which use a lighter blue and it separated our look from the rags. Right now when we are on the ice playing the Rags, the teams' blue is basically exactly the same, it is just the orange and red that distinguish them.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
It is a rather bright combo. I was always a fan of the toned-down take.
mariusz-czerkawski-of-the-new-york-islanders-skates-on-the-ice-during-picture-id495012513
I agree. I would just lose the 4 shoulder stripes and minimize the orange and white circles around the logo (reduce thickness by about 80% leaving just two very thin orange and white lines surrounding the logo). That would be just about perfect.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Dirty little secret no one ever seems to mention: the Isles' Royal/White/Bright Orange color scheme is kind of an ugly combo. We're fortunate that their home and away jerseys are actually nice, but all the other jerseys have been pretty hideous except for maybe this one (probably just because the orange was minimized - the orange is the problem and should not be emphasized, although even on this jersey they just HAD to go overboard with the silver around the NY):

Islanders-Stadium-Series-Jersey-2014.png

If they HAVE to do a 3rd jersey, I'd like to see them use their colors but alter the hues a bit. Maybe something like a softer, muted light orange stripe at the bottom to represent sand, with the main body of the jersey being a softer blue (water) and white-ish at the top (sky/whitecaps). You know, like the beach. Maybe on the sleeves have a band of thin white/orange/blue/white stripes. And call it a day. Just not busy for Pete's sake.

I think that's the ugliest jersey they ever put out. I know I'm the only one. Also, I loved the black and white. Still disappointed they never came out with the hat I wanted.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
I think that's the ugliest jersey they ever put out. I know I'm the only one. Also, I loved the black and white. Still disappointed they never came out with the hat I wanted.
To each his own. Uglier than this?

592cd238536b4f3c.jpg

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise

No way that's uglier than the pajama jersey they had when the sweaters first went Reebok Edge. Or, that black/grey/blue/orange abomination with the ISLANDERS written across the chest like a 193os football uniform.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
No way that's uglier than the pajama jersey they had when the sweaters first went Reebok Edge. Or, that black/grey/blue/orange abomination with the ISLANDERS written across the chest like a 193os football uniform.
I forgot about the bolded! :laugh: The Reebok pajama thing was truly horrible too. I'll add your two jerseys to the orange pointy thing I posted above and that's my personal Hall of Shame of Isles' jerseys.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah. The elongated NY and the chrome just gets worse and worse each time I look at it.
I agree with you on those 2 points, but otherwise I think this might've been the best 3rd jersey (granted it's a low bar).

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
I think the lighthouse logo(while associated with the fishermen logo) might not be adored. I think there can be some real sweet jerseys that can come with the lighthouse as the alternate logo. I doesn't have to be a teal(ish) look like the first picture. The second pic is somewhat of navy blue in my opinion. Either way I think the anchor/lighthouse can be done and done well without any tacky pieces to it.

8b00fc23938571.5632b565ba669.png

upload_2018-5-29_15-27-21.jpeg

Reactions: xECK29x and SI90

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Always remember, there are more important things than jerseys or logos.

islanders-milbury-1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad