Proposal: New Jersey - Edmonton (Yakupov)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'd imagine Yak would be dealt immediately if the Oilers got an offer like that... I don't think they have and will tho, Bottom line with Yakupov, I don't think teams are willing to give up 1 2nd round pick or even 1 3rd round pick for him, nevermind giving up both.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
How about Reese Scarlett and a little somethin? I know Yak is worth more, so realistically what is the add? I don't know what Edm other needs are

Scarlett is an Edmonton boy
Has been buried by last regime giving Eric Gelinas a pass.
6'1 Righty

Here's his info on Hockey Future:
Talent Analysis

Scarlett’s game revolves around his mobility, puck distribution skills, and defensive zone awareness. He has some quality offensive skills — showing extreme confidence in his puck rushing ability and being assertive in the offensive zone. He uses his stick well while defending, especially off the rush, and is sound in his own end. While he has put on some weight and a little more muscle he will need to get stronger to withstand the rigors of the professional game.
Future

Scarlett is in the third-year of his original entry-level contract with New Jersey and is skating for the AHL's Albany Devils in 2015-16. With several young defensemen currently in New Jersey and veterans Marc-Andre Gragnani and Brandon Burlon plus prospect Steve Santini all likely to push for a spot in the near future Scarlett is in a tough spot. He projects as a puck moving, skating defenseman similar to current Devil Damon Severson. Whether he gets his NHL opportunity with New Jersey or elsewhere remains up in the air.

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/reece_scarlett/#E2Gztz1cCEjgJSgc.99

EDIT: I'd give Hulk too (from post above) ^^^^^^^^

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I agree . I been saying this for months . Maybe Hall changes now he been traded . He seem like a much more mature person then the one that did the exit interview . I think Yakupov will do much better now he is away from Hall . Now I could be wrong but I think Lucic is the type of team mate that would have Yakupov back if anyone was isolating him . Lucic just strikes me as a team first player ( Somewhat proven by not taking more money to go to Montreal ) A player that will have all of his team mates back . So I am one for keeping Yakupov

What actually happened?

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
There's been enough smoke around rumours of some sort of disconnect between Hall & Yakupov to lead me to believe there's something to it. Regardless of who did what to whom or who started it, it seems pretty clear there was something going on. If I was a Devils fan I wouldn't want to voluntarily bring that into my team's dressing room.

As far as Yak is concerned, he's just not worth much on the open market & holds much more value to the Oilers than any other team (though that "value" can really only be expressed in terms of his potential to get back on track).

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
What actually happened?

You won't get a definite answer to that because no one outside the dressing room really knows. Yakupov has alluded to not feeling welcome by some other players in interviews. Hall has the reputation of being an *******. Scrivens and Belanger interviews have alluded to there being a click in the dressing room revolving around Hall and co. Everything else is speculation from those key points.

AFAIK that is everything. I should also mention that it seems Hall has matured a decent amount in the last couple years. If any Devils fan is actually concerned, I wouldn't be.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
They won't have to play together.

Hall - Henrique - Bennett/DSP
Cammalleri - Zajac - Palmieri
Boucher - Zacha - Yakupov

So Bennett/DSP either play first line or aren't even in the top 9?? I could see yakupov doing okay in NJ just curious where he would fit

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Shero would not go and piss off Hall after acquiring him
He'd be a nice add for the right price, but I'd want Hall looking to make a statement, not rehashing about guys he's not fond of

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Given how well he meshed with McDavid last season, I can't see Chiarelli moving him.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
What actually happened?

You won't get a definite answer to that because no one outside the dressing room really knows. Yakupov has alluded to not feeling welcome by some other players in interviews. Hall has the reputation of being an *******. Scrivens and Belanger interviews have alluded to there being a click in the dressing room revolving around Hall and co. Everything else is speculation from those key points.

AFAIK that is everything. I should also mention that it seems Hall has matured a decent amount in the last couple years. If any Devils fan is actually concerned, I wouldn't be.

Scrivens didn't actually reference the "clique" group, but Andrew Ference did roughly 3 months after joining the Oil. What Scrivens said was that he backed up Klefbom's comments, and when commenting on Yak said he was a good kid and a hard worker.

Ference said he had never seen such a divided room, that there wasn't that "family" type team concept like the one he had just left in Boston. He also said he'd never seen so many guys more concerned with what was happening after practice than what was going on at practice.

By no means would I say Hall was an outright *******, but players were either in his circle or they weren't, and it certainly didn't include everyone. To me it was evident in some Oilers TV special segments like "how well do you know you're teammate." The Schultz/Hall/Ebs/Nuge crowd all new plenty about each other, but when it came to Yak they didn't know anything about him, and gave their answers in a bit of a snide, "I couldn't care less" manner.

It's all pretty minor stuff, but I think Yak is a kid who thrives on confidence, and he didn't experience much of it being on the outside looking in.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Scrivens didn't actually reference the "clique" group, but Andrew Ference did roughly 3 months after joining the Oil. What Scrivens said was that he backed up Klefbom's comments, and when commenting on Yak said he was a good kid and a hard worker.

Ference said he had never seen such a divided room, that there wasn't that "family" type team concept like the one he had just left in Boston. He also said he'd never seen so many guys more concerned with what was happening after practice than what was going on at practice.

By no means would I say Hall was an outright *******, but players were either in his circle or they weren't, and it certainly didn't include everyone. To me it was evident in some Oilers TV special segments like "how well do you know you're teammate." The Schultz/Hall/Ebs/Nuge crowd all new plenty about each other, but when it came to Yak they didn't know anything about him, and gave their answers in a bit of a snide, "I couldn't care less" manner.

It's all pretty minor stuff, but I think Yak is a kid who thrives on confidence, and he didn't experience much of it being on the outside looking in.

Sounds much like the following:Link

Chiarelli and Lucic referred to "Culture change."

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Doesn't make sense for the Oilers.
I see Eberle and Hopkins out of the door before Yakupov.
We haven't got the depth to trade a right winger right now, either.

Eberle, Puljujarvi and Yakupov aren't likely to go anywhere.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
edmonton would take an early to mid 2nd and run if they were offered that for yak.

asking for a 3rd and prospect as well is just unrealistic

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008

200.gif

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
edmonton would take an early to mid 2nd and run if they were offered that for yak.

asking for a 3rd and prospect as well is just unrealistic

Totally wrong. We're trying to win now. McDavid and Drai are on ELCs, we need players right now. Our window is just opening.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Given how well he meshed with McDavid last season, I can't see Chiarelli moving him.

They won't have a choice. He has made it very clear he asked for a trade and does not want to be an Oiler. I could actually see Yak bolting to the KHL if the Oilers don't trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad