GDT: New Japan/Stardom Thread - Life Post-Okada

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Neo Genesis is here to save Stardom, go viral, and kick so much ass.

Also, Syuri is gonna f***ing murder Konami tomorrow. It’s good to have the Syuri who kicks people’s heads into the rafters back.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
G1 started. Anything worth watching so far?

I think ZSJ wins. Maybe Umino.

I'd highly recommend watching all of Takeshita's matches so far. ZSJ has also had a heck of a run too if you're into his wrestling style.

Shingo/Shota and Shota/Kidd are 2 others I'd recommend. Yuya Uemara has also really been having himself a tournament thus far.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Natsuko Tora has gone full Dump Matsumoto and Saya Kamitani has turned heel to help her win the red belt off Maika. Natsuko announces what’s essentially a renaming of Oedo Tai to HATE, officially ending Stardom’s two oldest units, and leaving everybody very confused. And annoyed. Saya turned on Maika, as they were being each others seconds. Maika is in EXV with Mina Shirakawa.

Saya looked like she was being positioned for a big redemption arc story to win the red belt, whether it be off Maika or Natsuko. But it seems like they changed their minds, or else they could’ve done this last month when they did the disbandment of Queen’s Quest. She dropped her high speed championship to Mei Seira earlier in the show.

Natsuko Tora has been in Stardom for like 8 years and never won a singles belt, so good for her. Also the first time the red belt holder is a heel. I think people would have rather seen the heel unit built around Momo and Thekla, though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Big win for Anna Jay in the 5 Star, she beats Saori Anou in the first match. Saori just dropped the white belt and is champion of Sendai Girls

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Yuya Uemura got injured in his match against Tsuji and had to withdraw from the tournament. He was really killing it so seeing this kinda sucks massive donkey balls.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Yuya Uemura got injured in his match against Tsuji and had to withdraw from the tournament. He was really killing it so seeing this kinda sucks massive donkey balls.

He went into the G1 seeming to be a bit of a disappointment so far since his return from excursion and his tournament overshadowed that of the R3M. Really sucks that his match with Tsuji was cut short just when it was picking up and I was looking forward to his block final against Oleg. Him being out makes the wonderfully chaotic possibilities for B block final a bit less chaotic.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Zack Sabre, Jr. has won the G1, and wants his shot at the King of Pro Wrestling show on October 14, so that he can defend the title at Royal Quest IV in England on October 20.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad