New Fanatics jerseys revealed.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
Can someone confirm the whole Adidas and Fanatics jersey thing?

The Fanatics replicas are the ones we see in stores for 180 correct and the Adidas "Pro Replicas" are the ones that were like 285?

The 285's ones were not exactly the ones worn on the ice?

Do I have all that correct?

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I don't buy jerseys (firsthand at least) so idc about the quality but by the eye, these jerseys look fine
They do, I actually wasn't a fan of the shoulder dimples myself, so to me I think it's going to be a plus getting rid of them. The price tag is the only thing I can say I hate so far. I'll hold out on weighing in on design and quality until I see them in person.

I do find it strange that they made such a big deal out of the elbow patch area. Haven't authentic jerseys always had those? At least when I used to buy them in the 90s/early 2000s they did.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Fanatics is a piece of shit company with a piece of shit product. DHGate jerseys look better than this shit. Night and day compared to Adidas.
And yet they are the exact same, with a couple of minor changes (dimples and adding double elbows) as the adidas jerseys. Even made in the same factory, by the same people.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm all for trashing on Fanatics but if you think reps are actually better quality then that's laughable. I can spot a Chinese jersey from a mile away.

Depends what site you use.

The one I use ive bought numerous jerseys across all sports off of and nobody has really been able top tell that they are "fake". Heck, most of em come with legit Nike/Adidas/Puma etc tags.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Depends what site you use.

The one I use ive bought numerous jerseys across all sports off of and nobody has really been able top tell that they are "fake". Heck, most of em come with legit Nike/Adidas/Puma etc tags.
While I’ll say a lot of the fakes are made at the same factory, with the same materials, claiming nobody can tell and that they have “legit” tags, is laughable.

Reactions: Phil Brooks

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That will be interesting to see- numbering and ads are generally applied by a different customizer hired by the team, not at the factory. The Hurricanes, at least, have had the option to add the ad to your jersey customization if you want it, because if you get the customization through the team store they send it to the same lettering shop that does the on ice stuff. Can't say I've seen literally anyone take them up on it, however.

That's probably the model, though. Give people the option.

View attachment 887628

Man I dont know anybody who'd want the advertisers patch on their jersey. In soccer its inescapable but if you have the option, why would you want something like that?

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
When we buy jerseys, we’re paying that money to walk around essentially to advertise our teams.

But some teams have company ads/logos stitched on to their jerseys. If these are truly going to be “on ice authentics”, to what level of authenticity? Will these higher tiered jerseys also have those company ads? Or will they have the option to opt out having those stitched on?

If they will include the sponsor logos, the question becomes, are folks going to be fine with paying $400 to advertise those respective companies we essentially have no say in?

Case in point, the Red Wings will have Priority Waste on their jerseys. Are Wings fans ok with that?
View attachment 887600

I mean, yes it happens in soccer as it is. The sponsors are the biggest element in their kits. But, are NHL hockey fans ready to be billboards for companies?
So you want an authentic jersey, exactly the same as the players wear, but not really.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden

The Fanatics replicas are the ones we see in stores for 180 correct and the Adidas "Pro Replicas" are the ones that were like 285?

Yes.

The Fanatics replicas are the ones with sublimated (printed) crests/patches/lettering. The jersey material usually is lighter weight.

The Adidas are “authentic replicas” that include fight straps and have stitched/embroidered crests & lettering. They are not the exact same that players wore on the ice. The players wear MiC “Made in Canada” jerseys that are not sold to the general public but can usually be had by auctions or team equipment sales.

*The Adidas replicas are better quality than the Reebok replicas they replaced though.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Can't wait to scoop up some adidas jerseys on discount - probably some bandwagon Oiler fans looking to offload :)

Fanatics sucks - their merch for the cup finals was so lame. A real bummer. In hindsight glad I did not buy I guess lol

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
DHGATE baby
Thats fine, but all fake jerseys looks terrible and are easily spotted.

Can't wait to scoop up some adidas jerseys on discount - probably some bandwagon Oiler fans looking to offload :)

Fanatics sucks - their merch for the cup finals was so lame. A real bummer. In hindsight glad I did not buy I guess lol
I suggest r/hockeyjerseys. Its a great community and many people are selling thier jerseys as they join the hobby and collect from breakaway, to undo authentic and finally MIC.

What oilers jersey are you looking for? I'm looking to sell all my Adidas authentic as I only collect team issued/game worn now.

Reactions: DrandonBudinsky

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
I do find it strange that they made such a big deal out of the elbow patch area. Haven't authentic jerseys always had those? At least when I used to buy them in the 90s/early 2000s they did.
Same here. I had thought double stitched elbows were for sure in the pro level jerseys. Even my Starter and Pro Player replicas from the late 90s and early ‘00s have double stitched elbows, so I just assumed that was a practice they continued through to today on player jerseys.

I can’t speak for the MIC Adidas jerseys since I don’t own one, but I went and checked my Reebok Edge 1.0 jersey. Sure
Enough, mine doesn’t have the double stitched elbows. I never noticed that until I read your post.

Reactions: BB79

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Same here. I had thought double stitched elbows were for sure in the pro level jerseys. Even my Starter and Pro Player replicas from the late 90s and early ‘00s have double stitched elbows, so I just assumed that was a practice they continued through to today on player jerseys.

I can’t speak for the MIC Adidas jerseys since I don’t own one, but I went and checked my Reebok Edge 1.0 jersey. Sure
Enough, mine doesn’t have the double stitched elbows. I never noticed that until I read your post.
I haven't bought a new jersey in ages, probably since 2010? The couple I owned from 08-10 are long gone. I had a Malkin Penguins 08 Winter Classic and a blue Hemsky 09 Oilers with the 30th anniversary patch. Both are long sold off though. I never thought to check, either :dunno:

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

They're talking about changing it so the material doesn't melt/rip as easily as the MIC adizero did.

Here's a game worn MIC Adidas, notice the burns, this particular jersey was worn by Mark Fayne in the pre season for 1 game.

IMG_8006.jpeg

I remember when $250 was too expensive.
yeah, I bought Koho on ice authentic in 2003 Ryan Smyth Oilers jersey for 300 in 2003. Prices only go up year over year for new products.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
I haven't bought a new jersey in ages, probably since 2010? The couple I owned from 08-10 are long gone. I had a Malkin Penguins 08 Winter Classic and a blue Hemsky 09 Oilers with the 30th anniversary patch. Both are long sold off though. I never thought to check, either :dunno:
I checked my CCM MIC Washington “screagle” era jersey and that one has the stitched elbows. I’m just guessing that double stitched elbows must have been omitted around the CCM/Koho to Reebok transition 🤷🏻‍♂️ Someone correct me if I’m wrong please.

💡There should be a general HF jersey thread. Replicas and Authentics welcomed. 😂

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I checked my CCM MIC Washington “screagle” era jersey and that one has the stitched elbows. I’m just guessing that double stitched elbows must have been omitted around the CCM/Koho to Reebok transition 🤷🏻‍♂️ Someone correct me if I’m wrong please.

💡There should be a general HF jersey thread. Replicas and Authentics welcomed. 😂
Double stitched elbows returned with the Edge 2.0 jerseys and Adidas MIC has them as well

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
They're talking about changing it so the material doesn't melt/rip as easily as the MIC adizero did.

Here's a game worn MIC Adidas, notice the burns, this particular jersey was worn by Mark Fayne in the pre season for 1 game.

View attachment 888279
No, I know what they mean. @BB79 and I were just going on about how they used to have these in jerseys decades ago so we were wondering why they were talking this up like it’s a new thing.

I posted this earlier in the thread. This is a Richter jersey I have from 1998, that has the extra fabric in that area.
846E369E-39C4-4A87-AAE8-1B2A8F26DB84.jpeg

What I’m unclear of in the new Fanatics cut is if that extra layer of fabric is now on the outer part of the elbows as opposed to being stitched inside.

That Fayne jersey is wild. Board battle burned and melted the elbow fabric?!

Double stitched elbows returned with the Edge 2.0 jerseys and Adidas MIC has them as well
Ah! Good to know. Thanks @Oilslick941611

Reactions: BB79

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
No, I know what they mean. @BB79 and I were just going on about how they used to have these in jerseys decades ago so we were wondering why they were talking this up like it’s a new thing.

I posted this earlier in the thread. This is a Richter jersey I have from 1998, that has the extra fabric in that area.
View attachment 888292

What I’m unclear of in the new Fanatics cut is if that extra layer of fabric is now on the outer part of the elbows as opposed to being stitched inside.

That Fayne jersey is wild. Board battle burned and melted the elbow fabric?!

Ah! Good to know. Thanks @Oilslick941611
yeah, its not that they are talking about like its a new feature, they are talking about how they changed the material and made it more "durable" time will tell if it is.

Although I have many game worn CCM's from the 90s and none have damage on them, so I don't know why RBK got rid of them first place, only to add them back in a year or two later.

Reactions: DrandonBudinsky

Hawk Tuah

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI

Or you could put a request in w the team you root for in the offseason & get an authentic one, tie down, and stitched on site. Costs about double, but most teams do this. Just gotta get a hold of someone inside the media teams to contact you with equipment guys or follow them on social media and slide into the equipment guys DMs. For example, I got three jerseys, home /away/alt and treated the equipment guy to a day of golf at my club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad