New Fanatics jerseys revealed.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'm kinda alright with the price point, it's a specialty product and they didn't have to make it available at all

i'm not gonna be buying a real-deal authentic for every player i like, but a long-term captain would be a nice fun purchase every now and then. this saves me the premium of being forced to buy a game-worn, probably signed jersey from the team if i want that

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Cool that they're allegedly finally making on-ice jerseys easy to buy, although not cheap
I'll miss the dimples though

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Guys, they're going to have something comparable to the Adidas "authentics" too, you're not going to have to choose between the shitty replicas and the full on $400 pro jerseys. $400 is about what collectors have been paying for the MiCs for years. Fanatics making them easily available for anyone to order is a good thing that jersey collectors have wanted to have back for nearly 20 years since the edge jerseys, Fanatics should get credit for that.

I am nervous that they'll raise the price on the Adidas level jerseys, though. Having competition between Adidas and Fanatics on authentic v replica definitely inspired Adidas to price their jerseys pretty aggressively. I'd expect the price of that tier of jersey to hike a bit now that Fanatics has the monopoly.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I love my Nazem Kadri #43 Fanatics Leafs jersey.

I don't nee another though. $400? To prove what?

edit: Thought maybe there'd be some discounts with this news.......

Man, I want to drop $150 plus tax plus shipping on this sweater SO bad....

/sarcasm.

To each their own I suppose.

Last edited:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Guys, they're going to have something comparable to the Adidas "authentics" too, you're not going to have to choose between the shitty replicas and the full on $400 pro jerseys. $400 is about what collectors have been paying for the MiCs for years. Fanatics making them easily available for anyone to order is a good thing that jersey collectors have wanted to have back for nearly 20 years since the edge jerseys, Fanatics should get credit for that.

I am nervous that they'll raise the price on the Adidas level jerseys, though. Having competition between Adidas and Fanatics on authentic v replica definitely inspired Adidas to price their jerseys pretty aggressively. I'd expect the price of that tier of jersey to hike a bit now that Fanatics has the monopoly.
i could see it being more likely that the adidas-level stuff stays the same price but quality tanks, the kind of sleazy tactic i'd expect them to use to sell more authentics

Reactions: piqued and DaveG

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Like many have stated before they go for more than $400 right now given the only way to buy them right now is through the team. These are actual authentic jerseys that are the same as what the players wear on the ice.
It seems like people have forgotten how expensive Reebok MiCs were when they were available. Even the Indo Edge authentics were $300+.

Reactions: cptjeff

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm all for trashing on Fanatics but if you think reps are actually better quality then that's laughable. I can spot a Chinese jersey from a mile away.
You're looking at the wrong reps or are stuck in the past, the last few years they're infinitely better than fanatics quality.

I have several and not a single person has ever guessed or even asked if it was a rep at any time anywhere.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Is it more embarrassing to be caught wearing a fake jersey, or caught spending $400 on a towel with logos and a number on it?

I get what you're saying, and clicked like because I understand your point is that fans are left without any reasonable options. I agree wholeheartedly.

But I want to add to that by saying I think fake jerseys absolutely have their place. A broke fan shouldn't have to spend dumb dollars just to be part of the experience. I have knock off jerseys and they're great for eating chicken wings and drafting my fantasy team.

Reactions: Samhockey3

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I am trying to be optimistic, but it is hard. I like that the VP of Fanatics essentially admits that they are a cheap fanbrand and that they know they need to earn being the high-quality premium NHL jersey standard. Just skeptical they can achieve it. They need to do a hell of a lot to also justify that price point... Not looking good, but I will wait until the final product is out and in our hands.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

I'm less concerned about raising the price on the current Adidas level jerseys, though they probably will, than I am about the quality of the current Adidas level jerseys dropping, which they also probably will eventually.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Not excited to see what this "four tiered pricing" model looks like.

The switch to Adidas was the first time that the degradation from authentic to pro replica was so laughably bad. The Fanatics replicas were straight up terrible. I collect Canucks jerseys, and that's the first time I had to make sure I was always getting Authentic Pro jerseys - which already cost a princely sum at about $280 to $300 CAD all in.

Hard to imagine Fanatics Authentic Pro's at their "top tier" price are going to be that or better. Bracing myself for $500+ jerseys, while the other three tiers are varying degrees of excrement.
They confirmed their tier two will be the exact same quality as the top of the line adidas unis that were their highest version
Everyone judged them on their breakaway unis (tier 3) but it was obvious the quality of the on ice unis were going to be as good as adidas ones since process and employees stayed the same.
The fact we get MIC and for the first time practice unis, they've already surpassed adidas

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
You're looking at the wrong reps or are stuck in the past, the last few years they're infinitely better than fanatics quality.

I have several and not a single person has ever guessed or even asked if it was a rep at any time anywhere.

Where should one look for the right reps? Honest question, I would prefer not to give Fanatics my business.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
That Leafs jersey looks fake to me. the bubbling around the letters is something I normally found on fakes or very low quality jerseys. Im assuming they will be the same price as the old ones. think Ill pass on buying jerseys moving forward now

I'm all for trashing on Fanatics but if you think reps are actually better quality then that's laughable. I can spot a Chinese jersey from a mile away.
I kinda see some of the same things in these fanatics that I do in those fakes ur laughing about lol

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
When we buy jerseys, we’re paying that money to walk around essentially to advertise our teams.

But some teams have company ads/logos stitched on to their jerseys. If these are truly going to be “on ice authentics”, to what level of authenticity? Will these higher tiered jerseys also have those company ads? Or will they have the option to opt out having those stitched on?

If they will include the sponsor logos, the question becomes, are folks going to be fine with paying $400 to advertise those respective companies we essentially have no say in?

Case in point, the Red Wings will have Priority Waste on their jerseys. Are Wings fans ok with that?
0C4C577E-A374-4988-9777-D3F728F70148.jpeg

I mean, yes it happens in soccer as it is. The sponsors are the biggest element in their kits. But, are NHL hockey fans ready to be billboards for companies?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
When we buy jerseys, we’re paying that money to walk around essentially to advertise our teams.

But some teams have company ads/logos stitched on to their jerseys. If these are truly going to be “on ice authentics”, to what level of authenticity? Will these higher tiered jerseys also have those company ads? Or will they have the option to opt out having those stitched on?

If they will include the sponsor logos, the question becomes, are folks going to be fine with paying $400 to advertise those respective companies we essentially have no say in?

Case in point, the Red Wings will have Priority Waste on their jerseys. Are Wings fans ok with that?
View attachment 887600

I mean, yes it happens in soccer as it is. The sponsors are the biggest element in their kits. But, are NHL hockey fans ready to be billboards for companies?
That will be interesting to see- numbering and ads are generally applied by a different customizer hired by the team, not at the factory. The Hurricanes, at least, have had the option to add the ad to your jersey customization if you want it, because if you get the customization through the team store they send it to the same lettering shop that does the on ice stuff. Can't say I've seen literally anyone take them up on it, however.

That's probably the model, though. Give people the option.

1719430971285.png

• Wow
Reactions: DrandonBudinsky

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
That will be interesting to see- numbering and ads are generally applied by a different customizer hired by the team, not at the factory. The Hurricanes, at least, have had the option to add the ad to your jersey customization if you want it, because if you get the customization through the team store they send it to the same lettering shop that does the on ice stuff. Can't say I've seen literally anyone take them up on it, however.

That's probably the model, though. Give people the option.

View attachment 887628
Yankees do this for their shoulder patch ads, too. I didn’t know the option to add the sponsor logo to the hockey jerseys was a thing.
1E460623-B232-4F1F-B345-9104B58A2C56.jpeg

I always wondered if these sponsors figure that in to their return on investment dollars when they go to buy jersey space. Regular fans walking around advertising their logos on their chests.

I suppose in the future, fans will be conditioned to it that they may want their team’s sponsor logos to complete the authentic look. Who knows.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Yankees do this for their shoulder patch ads, too. I didn’t know the option to add the sponsor logo to the hockey jerseys was a thing.
View attachment 887654

I always wondered if these sponsors figure that in to their return on investment dollars when they go to buy jersey space. Regular fans walking around advertising their logos on their chests.

I suppose in the future, fans will be conditioned to it that they may want their team’s sponsor logos to complete the authentic look. Who knows.
It's really not that bad considering the sponsor is literally right in the middle on soccer jerseys and bigger than the team logo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad