NEW 2024/25 NAHL/NA3HL Season thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Craving a return to live hockey, I attended a very early season NA3HL game on Saturday night, Wisconsin Woodsmen @ St. Louis Jr Blues. The Visitors were the better skating & passing team, and looked more comfortable & practiced playing on special teams (esp. the PP). But the Jr Blues' goalie Brooks Barofsky played very well positionally & made a few acrobatic saves to keep the game close. Final score was Blues 5-Woodsmen 4 after a scoreless 5-minute OT period & 2-1/2 shootout rounds. The hometeam victory split the weekend pair. Now it's time for the Jr Blues to sharpen their passing skills & get used to playing as a team.

Slowdive

Jul 10, 2024
That's one of the fun things having a kid play hockey is all the different rinks you get to see. I never used to travel but now I really have to think to remember all the places I have seen.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Olathe, KS City Council approves KC Mavericks’ owner Lamar Hunt Jr.’s new entertainment development, which includes a 5k seat arena. The Mavs will, most likely, stay put on the MO side of the metro. Rumor is LHJr will bring a NAHL3 team to KC (though KC would fit nicely in the USHL footprint).
Which division do you think they would end up in?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
NA3, USHL, or none of the above?
If an na3 team were added in Kansas City, would they be more likely to be added to the Central division or West? Pretty similar travel if I’m not mistaken, and both divisions are sitting at 6 teams this season.

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
If an na3 team were added in Kansas City, would they be more likely to be added to the Central division or West? Pretty similar travel if I’m not mistaken, and both divisions are sitting at 6 teams this season.
Purely speculation (on the condition that Hunt Jr. actually ices a team), but it seems to me that the bus travel routes from/to Olathe would be easier with Central opponents rather than West opponents. Though there has been crossover play between the two divisions to fill in season calendar dates, so it may come down to which division has the greater influence with Commish Mark Frankenfield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad