Value of: Nemeth to LAK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
O really?
Agree NY has no leverage, but what plethora of large D are readily available?
Eventually, sure.
Right now? ....

Why do they need it right now? Not like LA is a deadline buyer/contender. They can easily add a vet for free in the offseason, not that I suggest they go for someone of nemeth's caliber. Nemeth just last season with an expiring deal went for like a 4th to a contender that actually wanted him. Now you want a team to take that cap hit for two more years? Nah. They aren't doing you a favor.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Why do they need it right now? Not like LA is a deadline buyer/contender. They can easily add a vet for free in the offseason, not that I suggest they go for someone of nemeth's caliber. Nemeth just last season with an expiring deal went for like a 4th to a contender that actually wanted him. Now you want a team to take that cap hit for two more years? Nah. They aren't doing you a favor.

Kings are in second place in the Pacific right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If LA can make it into the playoffs, I think a lot of teams are going to be nervous having to go up against Kopitar and Danault for 40+ minutes per game.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
agree and I wanted to see if adding something would push the value higher.

no big whoop
he will go to highest bidder or first taker

I get it, but if Nemeth is worth ~4th rounder, ask yourself: If someone offered you a 4th and a 5th round pick, would you pay a 2nd round pick in return? Nemeth doesn't have negative value or anything. He'll be easy to move. But he doesn't really have any positive value either. He's the player equivalent of parsley.

His contract is structured poorly as well. It escalates by a million in real dollars with each year (so he makes $1.5 mil this year, $2.5 next year, and $3.5 in the final year). That might scare off some of the cash strapped teams.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Actually, there are two in the system; Austin Strand and Jacob Moverare. One RD and one LD. Moverare is skating with the team, Strand is on Taxi. Both of these players can make up any size issue that may be required while playing a decent game.

I'll counter, how about Maata for a 6th? The Kings could use to lose him off the roster and I know the Rangers don't need him in any way, but that seems to be a theme here.
thanks for the update as to 2 larger guys
not interested in dealing futures for vets, and no need for NYR
we have lots of youth on LD and Tinordi still here w/size so thanks no on Maata

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

hey, I'm responding to what was here on the boards generally
specified was Ws and BIG defensemen, pref lefty
if sufficient # confirm that is not the case, fine, but I didn't pull that outta my ass

Yes, Nemeth was a 4th on an expiring. If you don't think he has value that is something else, but working on the premise that while limited, he DOES have value, I thought 2.5 x 2.5 was a +, not a -.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I get it, but if Nemeth is worth ~4th rounder, ask yourself: If someone offered you a 4th and a 5th round pick, would you pay a 2nd round pick in return? Nemeth doesn't have negative value or anything. He'll be easy to move. But he doesn't really have any positive value either. He's the player equivalent of parsley.

His contract is structured poorly as well. It escalates by a million in real dollars with each year (so he makes $1.5 mil this year, $2.5 next year, and $3.5 in the final year). That might scare off some of the cash strapped teams.

overlooked the real $ point, thanks
like I've said, if you view Nemeth as not an asset that is one thing
if you view him as an asset 2.5 x 2.5 could be worth more than the single 4th for an expiring.
But I was also working on premise if LA devoid of larger Ds, then he might be worth a bit more, tho still needing NY to add.

Again, offer withdrawn

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
okay, the offer is withdrawn

I do have some responses...

Nemeth is currently uneven, not trash.
To the right team, which could be LAK, that there are 2.5 yrs of serviceable stopgap has value.
Disagree w/league filled with big defensemen.
There are guys just 6'1 who play big like Lindgren, but LaK base here said no, gotta be actual 6'4 or so min.

Madden is low end of avg sized at 5'10. He is not small, but just barely. Every so often guys that size not only survive but thrive. But we're not sure he is Caufield let alone Marty St. Louis material.
You guys talked him trying to bamboozle us with you would deign to let us have Madden for Miller, and you were rebuffed. I mentioned him here as an alternative to another 3rd round pick. Byfield is at the top of the list you reference; Madden, not so much.
As for "proposing Vets to the rebuilding Kings seems fine with you" I am not aware that vets were to such level personna non grata. The Kings like the Rangers are doing fine, and congrats btw on the close victory this past wk. Setting aside that Trouba is a non starter for now b'c he has nmc, I did not offer you a vet w/a large deal for extensive term. I offered you a single vet [not plural] and tried to make it fair taking into account across the board factors including supply and demand and that while LA has a great system, last I heard you had ONE backliner prospect with size, 1.

You welcome and good luck with your continued hunt.
We agree on size.
Disagree he is devoid of physicality and as I said in the original post while he is not a Parayko unicorn, he has sufficient mobility. This is not a 40+ year old Chara who can barely skate. This is a serviceable plus 3rd pair guy who plays either side.
When you say Nemeth is uneven, do you mean like one leg is shorter than the other?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
It's not the worse proposal on HFBOARDS,but he is going to be 30 years old next month and would take up a spot from the Kings youth propects.He is signed for two more years which would block the young prospects growth.I unfortunately don't see why Kings make this trade with Maatta,Doughty already on the team as veteran defensemen.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It's not the worse proposal on HFBOARDS,but he is going to be 30 years old next month and would take up a spot from the Kings youth propects.He is signed for two more years which would block the young prospects growth.I unfortunately don't see why Kings make this trade with Maatta,Doughty already on the team as veteran defensemen.
supposedly he remains of interest b'c you are undersized

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
ok, state your case
2 seasons after this at 2.5 per
size you can't teach, sufficient mobility

what is that worth on the open market,
what is that worth to team like LAK whose fans here on record looking for D w/size?

Yes, I know they prefer to overpay for better, but better is not available.
Not from Rangers
apparently not from anybody

So given that is apparent reality, what is fair?

b'c NY has to have a sufficient reason to move him
does LA need pay thru the nose?
No
but pay
yes

again, what is fair here
WAIT. Here's your take on Nemeth when the Rangers signed him.

[ Nobody wants him even 1 yr, Takes mins away from kids who are ready, Waste of cap.

Now your trying to dump him and expecting something in return. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Bern you never cease to amaze us. :popcorn:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Nemeth looked like shit last night against Carolina, just completely outmatched by their speed.

Reactions: kinghock

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
WAIT. Here's your take on Nemeth when the Rangers signed him.

[ Nobody wants him even 1 yr, Takes mins away from kids who are ready, Waste of cap.

Now your trying to dump him and expecting something in return. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Bern you never cease to amaze us. :popcorn:

1. What I said wuz and remains true. If they wanted this guy to ease Nils L in, fine, 1 yr at 3, 3.3, not 3 at 2.5.
2. While obv uneven, he has played better this yr.
3. Ask/expectation is not this from across the board. Deal was w/LA, which admits desire to get larger backline.

How some will conv. selectively quote bern in a failed effort to make him look bad never ceases to amaze me. Physician, heal thyself.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
1. What I said wuz and remains true. If they wanted this guy to ease Nils L in, fine, 1 yr at 3, 3.3, not 3 at 2.5.
2. While obv uneven, he has played better this yr.
3. Ask/expectation is not this from across the board. Deal was w/LA, which admits desire to get larger backline.

How some will conv. selectively quote bern in a failed effort to make him look bad never ceases to amaze me. Physician, heal thyself.

I am utterly confused......

Are you talking about yourself in 3rd person now?

Reactions: Guitpik

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
That was said after the gane they both played well. No, he hasn't played well before or after that. It did not continue.

I don’t think he’s had a game where he’s played “well” unless you’re using the word well VERY loosely.

Maybe a game where he didn’t look like complete dogshit, but you’d have to be setting the bar very low.

Reactions: kinghock

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He played well in Schneider first game. By well, im saying 3rd pair good enough, obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad