Value of: Nemeth to LAK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
ok, state your case
2 seasons after this at 2.5 per
size you can't teach, sufficient mobility

what is that worth on the open market,
what is that worth to team like LAK whose fans here on record looking for D w/size?

Yes, I know they prefer to overpay for better, but better is not available.
Not from Rangers
apparently not from anybody

So given that is apparent reality, what is fair?

b'c NY has to have a sufficient reason to move him
does LA need pay thru the nose?
No
but pay
yes

again, what is fair here

I gotta admit. Pretty bold to try to sell the greatness of Nemeth to a Wings fan :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Value aside we are not short on vanilla depth guys.

Credit given that you're considering we want size/grit/skating but need higher end, we have the middle and "just a guy"s covered in absolute spades.

If higher end is unavailable that's fine, we're not shopping just to shop. I don't have to go home with a Pinto just because my Tesla isn't ready.

Reactions: bernmeister

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I'm afraid we need more leverage than that.
I say for every Bernmeister proposal we give our next top prospect to a random team from Metropolitan Divison for free but exclude then Rangers.
At some point we have nothing left worthy of a proposal but the Rangers get even more steam rolled than they are now.
This will surely stop him
24-10-4 is getting steam rolled? That's news to me.

Reactions: bl02

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I'd consider almost anything to get Maatta out of the lineup. Can he bump Maatta to the 7th D slot?

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
I'm afraid we need more leverage than that.
I say for every Bernmeister proposal we give our next top prospect to a random team from Metropolitan Divison for free but exclude then Rangers.
At some point we have nothing left worthy of a proposal but the Rangers get even more steam rolled than they are now.
This will surely stop him

are they getting steam rolled? what do you mean by this?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Rangers do not HAVE to move Nemeth now, but can afford to do so. Do need to do it before next season since NY needs almost 12m more to cover Zib + Fox increases only [does not address bridge or pre-bridge $ for LaF, Kakko + also Blais, which may force Lindgren on the block].
Dealing Strome, Geo, Hajek + Nemeth + recover of Hank 1.5 buyout = close enuf.

Nemeth is 2.5 x 3, a vet w/size LA seeks. Big body, not a great skater unicorn type like Parayko, but is sufficiently mobile. Lefty shot, plays either side.

One benefit of having Nemeth was to help break in Nils L; while kid could get even more comfortable, has sufficiently acclimated to North America and is getting max mins in the A.
So no reason to hold Nemeth except for depth. NY has
RD - Fox Trouba Schneider and can have Nils L/Jones who play either side cover RD depth, while LD - is Lindgren, KA Miller and besides Tinordi, the same lefty shots Nils L/Jones supplemented further by Robertson

So if a reasonable price can be agreed upon, can make sense.
LA this is a stopgap w/first dibs on possible to go yr by yr after next 2 seasons. 2.5 is a good #.

I would do
Rangers 2022 5th + Nemeth
for
LAK 2nd

OR

something like Nemeth + a 2022 4th + 2023 5th
for
Pens 2022 3rd + LAK 2023 3rd + Madden [a min sized 3rd round selection]

thoughts?

also, per respect for OP setting thread standards, pls keep this to something along these lines.

NY is NOT trading high end D, LA is not trading high end C

And in no case should vets for youth be proposed to NY.
We need our cheaper youth w/upside to keep cap down and roster deep
We are not dealing youths in win now overreach.
Maybe Nemeth and 2nd for a 5th.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
okay, the offer is withdrawn

I do have some responses...
He literally got traded at last years deadline for a 4th round pick (less than a year ago) and he played better last year than this year. So you think adding a 5th bumps an at best 4th round pick up to a 2nd???? 4th rounder at best is what you will get and not even guaranteed seeing as he hasn't played well this year. Also, the league is filled with big defenceman so size you can't teach makes no sense.
Nemeth is currently uneven, not trash.
To the right team, which could be LAK, that there are 2.5 yrs of serviceable stopgap has value.
Disagree w/league filled with big defensemen.
There are guys just 6'1 who play big like Lindgren, but LaK base here said no, gotta be actual 6'4 or so min.

This is a typical Bernmeister proposal.
I still miss 14 other teams involved

A) Madden is considered a very good Kings prospect and would be the top at other oganization center prospects

B) Quote: "And in no case should vets for youth be proposed to NY"
But proposing Vets to the rebuilding Kings seems fine with you

Are you running out of other fanbases or why do you always come to us with those ridiculous loop sided proposals?
The Wild have Fiala for sale i heard, please go and try to deal with them.
Madden is low end of avg sized at 5'10. He is not small, but just barely. Every so often guys that size not only survive but thrive. But we're not sure he is Caufield let alone Marty St. Louis material.
You guys talked him trying to bamboozle us with you would deign to let us have Madden for Miller, and you were rebuffed. I mentioned him here as an alternative to another 3rd round pick. Byfield is at the top of the list you reference; Madden, not so much.
As for "proposing Vets to the rebuilding Kings seems fine with you" I am not aware that vets were to such level personna non grata. The Kings like the Rangers are doing fine, and congrats btw on the close victory this past wk. Setting aside that Trouba is a non starter for now b'c he has nmc, I did not offer you a vet w/a large deal for extensive term. I offered you a single vet [not plural] and tried to make it fair taking into account across the board factors including supply and demand and that while LA has a great system, last I heard you had ONE backliner prospect with size, 1.

I guess Kings fans do not even need to respond, but I will.
LA seeks vet w/size, physicality and mobility.
Nemeth only has size.
Thank you, but no thank you
You welcome and good luck with your continued hunt.
We agree on size.
Disagree he is devoid of physicality and as I said in the original post while he is not a Parayko unicorn, he has sufficient mobility. This is not a 40+ year old Chara who can barely skate. This is a serviceable plus 3rd pair guy who plays either side.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He literally got traded at last years deadline for a 4th round pick (less than a year ago) and he played better last year than this year. So you think adding a 5th bumps an at best 4th round pick up to a 2nd???? 4th rounder at best is what you will get and not even guaranteed seeing as he hasn't played well this year. Also, the league is filled with big defenceman so size you can't teach makes no sense.

he was a 4th last yr, playing better now, and that 4th was expiring. He's 2.5 yrs currently at cheap $.
so yes that, along with I was adding a pick, bumps up the 4th.

but we do not have agreement that LA would even go to a 3rd instead of a 2nd.
Again, with NY including a 4th.

so offer withdrawn

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
LA can easily sign a better player without giving up anything or doing Rangers a favor. The Rangers don't have any leverage in this case. LA doesn't need to do a deal here.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Nemeth was signed as a place-holder until the young D-prospects could displace him. That hasn't happened yet (though three of them--Lundkvist, Jones, and Schneider--have shown flashes). I'm sure he signed that contract knowing full well that he would finish it with another team. But Nemeth is more of a "you can have this guy for a 4th-5th rounder" kind of player. He's serviceable and, compared to some of the contracts signed by UFA defensemen last summer, he's fairly cheap. I see the Rangers likely moving him this summer, but not for anywhere close to a 2nd rounder or anything of real value.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
ok, state your case
2 seasons after this at 2.5 per
size you can't teach, sufficient mobility

what is that worth on the open market,
what is that worth to team like LAK whose fans here on record looking for D w/size?

Yes, I know they prefer to overpay for better, but better is not available.
Not from Rangers
apparently not from anybody

So given that is apparent reality, what is fair?

b'c NY has to have a sufficient reason to move him
does LA need pay thru the nose?
No
but pay
yes

again, what is fair here
Size you can't teach :laugh:
You also can't teach him not to ice the puck constantly and give up prime scoring chances.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
LA can easily sign a better player without giving up anything or doing Rangers a favor. The Rangers don't have any leverage in this case. LA doesn't need to do a deal here.
O really?
Agree NY has no leverage, but what plethora of large D are readily available?
Eventually, sure.
Right now? ....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nemeth was signed as a place-holder until the young D-prospects could displace him. That hasn't happened yet (though three of them--Lundkvist, Jones, and Schneider--have shown flashes). I'm sure he signed that contract knowing full well that he would finish it with another team. But Nemeth is more of a "you can have this guy for a 4th-5th rounder" kind of player. He's serviceable and, compared to some of the contracts signed by UFA defensemen last summer, he's fairly cheap. I see the Rangers likely moving him this summer, but not for anywhere close to a 2nd rounder or anything of real value.

agree and I wanted to see if adding something would push the value higher.

no big whoop
he will go to highest bidder or first taker

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would give draft pick if someone would take Nemeth. He is so bad at hockey. We need all the space we can get and that 2,5m is going to be killer.

Drury be better, and Bern get real.

too busy to dissect this now
perhaps later

and btw
bernmeister is already as real as it gets

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He played pretty well with Schneider. If that continues to work, leave it alone. The development of Schneider far our weighs the Nemeth cap hit.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He played pretty well with Schneider. If that continues to work, leave it alone. The development of Schneider far our weighs the Nemeth cap hit.

agreed. point of this thread was to see how high a team like LAK begging for big bodies would go to get someone useful now. At a certain level, if Nemeth kidnapped by Martians, we have enuf to keep development of Schneider and also Nils L when he returns. But short of that, no, we should keep Nemeth, although no ?, he does have to be moved off season to recover $$ for Fox + Zib.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
okay, the offer is withdrawn

I do have some responses...

I offered you a single vet [not plural] and tried to make it fair taking into account across the board factors including supply and demand and that while LA has a great system, last I heard you had ONE backliner prospect with size, 1.
Actually, there are two in the system; Austin Strand and Jacob Moverare. One RD and one LD. Moverare is skating with the team, Strand is on Taxi. Both of these players can make up any size issue that may be required while playing a decent game.

I'll counter, how about Maata for a 6th? The Kings could use to lose him off the roster and I know the Rangers don't need him in any way, but that seems to be a theme here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad