Proposal: Need outsiders opinions please

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
You want Krebs, Tuch and Thompson too?

Edit: so as a St Louis fan base you came together to agree to f*** over Buffalo?

This is the first I've heard of it. And while I recognize Dahlin is worth more, trading Thomas right now would make me very sad.

I want only the best for Buffalo and might just make them my Eastern conference team to root for. Was impressed with their gumption last night (credit to Darren Pang) and love seeing Thompson realize his potential.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Proposed this to my fellow Blues fans.…

Buffalo out Dahlin to Stl

Blues out Thomas to Buffalo

Would love to get some outsiders views.

Thanks.

To me this largely lopsided in favour of the Blues. I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell the Sabres would do that.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I remember Hedman took some times to fully develop but when he took off, he became one of the more impactful skater in the league, if not THE more impactful.

Yes, defensemen takes longer to develop but those of Dahlin caliber are a breed that makes you win championship.

I love Thomas but he is not in the same range as Dahlin caliber wise.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It's really a coaching problem. Dahlin had a good rookie year when Housley gave him his freedom. For the next two years, it was hell for him and other young players under Krueger, a worse coach is hard to imagine. With Krueger fired, Dahlin and the other youth are looking good again and Rasmus has improved a lot this season in many aspects of the game, but he has been waiting for a good RD for four years now, we need top 4 RDs for Dahlin and Power.
Rasmus is super talented, but I don't think "giving him his freedom" was best for him. He still makes a lot of bad decisions and turns the puck over. NO chance BUF trades him for Thomas, but his game does need a bit more discipline.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Rasmus is super talented, but I don't think "giving him his freedom" was best for him. He still makes a lot of bad decisions and turns the puck over. NO chance BUF trades him for Thomas, but his game does need a bit more discipline.
Well, it was in his rookie season, so it's better to give him freedom go than to do what Krueger did. Now Rasmus does not make so many mistakes, and began to play well in defense and with jam.

Last edited:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Nothing against Thomas, but Dahlin holds more value largely due to position and potential.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Weird proposal. Personally I would not trade Thomas for Dahlin. Robert Thomas will be our #1 center for the next decade. Might even be our best player right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad