Confirmed with Link: Ned is back! 2x2.5m

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
What dumb (redudant i know) thing did Yohe say this time?
“So long as goaltender Tristan Jarry remains on the Penguins, I’d be surprised if unrestricted free agent Alex Nedeljkovic returns. He earned himself a raise last season, and, given the number of holes in the Penguins’ lineup, it’s hard to imagine them employing a fairly expensive backup while Jarry’s salary remains on their books.

(I’ve been calling for the Penguins to explore a Jarry trade. I’ve not been told that this is something they’re looking into. If they do, retaining Nedeljkovic suddenly makes a lot of sense.)”

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I know it seems like this team relishes in doing things REAL dumb and backwards these days but I feel like it would be an extremely weird decision to keep Jarry after the conclusion to last year now that Ned is locked up. Unless they simply cannot find a trade partner.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
It is interesting timing, but realistically I don’t think it means much more than Ned was good and we need good goalies on the roster.

I’d love a Jarry trade, though.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
“So long as goaltender Tristan Jarry remains on the Penguins, I’d be surprised if unrestricted free agent Alex Nedeljkovic returns. He earned himself a raise last season, and, given the number of holes in the Penguins’ lineup, it’s hard to imagine them employing a fairly expensive backup while Jarry’s salary remains on their books.

(I’ve been calling for the Penguins to explore a Jarry trade. I’ve not been told that this is something they’re looking into. If they do, retaining Nedeljkovic suddenly makes a lot of sense.)”
I’m not one to defend Yohe but I mean, if they do trade Jarry, what he said is correct.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Solid deal! With that being said, I have to complain a bit. Was hoping it’d be a tad cheaper, considering the $6M albatross that’s the other goalie.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Solid deal! With that being said, I have to complain a bit. Was hoping it’d be a tad cheaper, considering the $6M albatross that’s the other goalie.

To be fair he's "only" a 5.4ish million dollar albatross.

It's his underserved overinflated ego that is probably throwing you off into thinking it's more.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
FYI, Jeff Marek apparently mentioned on his show today with Elliott Friedman that he's heard Jarry's name out there now that the Markstrom trade is done.
I'm probably going to touch myself to the thought of that tonight.

Honestly though, Jarry's name being out there makes sense, and so does this signing. You don't want to get caught with your pants down and no goalies if a move is made.

At this hit and rate, I think he's very moveable if they end up keeping Jarry and Blomqvist comes in and rocks everyone's world.

This is the type of deal you sign to give you the confidence to realistically explore trades without fear. Go for it Dubas!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad