Speculation: Necas to the CBJ???

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I think your title is misleading, especially now that pick #4 is in the books.
Apologize - what I was trying to get across is they have had talks with Necas’s camp so there is something there for a possible deal?? Maybe 2025 1st round pick??

Obviously CBJ is interested and Canes want to trade him.

Youngguns80

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Online hockey fans have terrible hearing sometimes.

Friedman did not say or imply that Columbus and Necas came to an agreement.

His exact words:

“I do think that the Hurricanes…” (he meant Jackets) “…made Necas a contract offer with permission of the Hurricanes. Obviously, it didn’t get done.”

~15:15

I hope you are referring to the X post and not me when you don’t even know me???

Youngguns80

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I feel Necas has to be re-upped by the Hurricanes now.

Unless they change their attention to trying to make a different trade at forward.
Maybe a Laine and Aho reunion with Necas coming back to CBJ?

CBJ needs a 2C and Necas has/wants to play center. Laine and Aho were good together and have chemistry. Laine is an elite goal scorer but had been misused and injuries.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I feel Necas has to be re-upped by the Hurricanes now.

Unless they change their attention to trying to make a different trade at forward.
I think next year is a retool. The year after feels like the opening of another contention window.

If we get a pure futures deal for Necas and next year we scrape to the #8 spot in the EC playoffs, that's fine by me.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Maybe a Laine and Aho reunion with Necas coming back to CBJ?

CBJ needs a 2C and Necas has/wants to play center. Laine and Aho were good together and have chemistry. Laine is an elite goal scorer but had been misused and injuries.
there's deals to be had with the Canes and Jackets for Laine

Necas would not be one of the pieces involved.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Necas for Laine makes sense

It does. CBJ needs help at center and Canes need offense, goals. When healthy, Laine is a far more dangerous forward than Necas. But the caveat is "when healthy". Laine and Aho have mad chemistry as seen before, so that would only amplify the effect.

I don't necessarily like it from Jackets perspective because I’ve never thought Necas is a natural center but if he could be an effective #2 C then this could work for both teams

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
It does. CBJ needs help at center and Canes need offense, goals. When healthy, Laine is a far more dangerous forward than Necas. But the caveat is "when healthy". Laine and Aho have mad chemistry as seen before, so that would only amplify the effect.

I don't necessarily like it from Jackets perspective because I’ve never thought Necas is a natural center but if he could be an effective #2 C then this could work for both teams

It has high reward for sure

Reactions: Marioesque

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver

So you would try Necas out at C for a couple years while you wait for Lindstrom?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
There's a wide variance in Laine's valuation on this site. I lean towards valueless or perhaps negative in full.

Necas has meaningful value, as evidenced by there even being a discussion about the 4th overall pick in real life.

There's a natural inclination to match up names in the rumor mill, but I don't see the grounds for a hockey trade here. Carolina might take on Laine as a secondary piece in a Necas deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad