Other Sports: NCAA Thread v12

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I cannot believe Georgia is getting beat like this. I haven’t really watched much of them outside of the Kentucky which wasn’t a display for offense on either side. But PFF did mention this week on their pregame show that their run defense has been vulnerable & it looks like Alabama is taking advantage of that.
Kirby is so worried about keeping Milroe in the pocket that they're just losing all outside leverage. Just getting completely outclassed and outcoached at this point. This is the worst tackling team Kirby has had as well.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
If you think to the back to back teams, I kept saying that what separated Saban from every other coach to ever do it was the ability to roll it over. It’s not just players. It’s coaches from the coordinators to the positional coaches and QA guys. Saban was ultimately a coaching factory.

Kirby is the only modern guy I have ever seen to get his defenses to play as physical as Saban’s. But Kirby hired his friends once the generational crop left. I’ve long accepted it. The best thing DeBoer can do is talk those things through with him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If you think to the back to back teams, I kept saying that what separated Saban from every other coach to ever do it was the ability to roll it over. It’s not just players. It’s coaches from the coordinators to the positional coaches and QA guys. Saban was ultimately a coaching factory.

Kirby is the only modern guy I have ever seen to get his defenses to play as physical as Saban’s. But Kirby hired his friends once the generational crop left. I’ve long accepted it. The best thing DeBoer can do is talk those things through with him.

Nobody bats a 1.000 but I feel like when Saban did make a bad hire he never let it linger for years either. They won a boatload of games even on the their lower end seasons so it could be easy to rest on your laurels given those circumstances.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Nobody bats a 1.000 but I feel like when Saban did make a bad hire he never let it linger for years either. They won a boatload of games even on the their lower end seasons so it could be easy to rest on your laurels given those circumstances.

Yep. Major Applewhite didn’t even get a second year. And that was during Saban’s ball control era.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Of course Kirby just has to protect his buddy with his 30 second half time question about the offense. Bobo is trash. He's got no answer for pressure packages, and equally as bad, he's got no answer for the underneath zone. He's constantly zigging when he should be zagging.

Unless Kirby overhauls his staff and spends on some WR talent, he's going to fade into a top ten, but not elite program status

• Love
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Of course Kirby just has to protect his buddy with his 30 second half time question about the offense. Bobo is trash. He's got no answer for pressure packages, and equally as bad, he's got no answer for the underneath zone. He's constantly zigging when he should be zagging.

Unless Kirby overhauls his staff and spends on some WR talent, he's going to fade into a top ten, but not elite program status

This is the worst major college offensive game plan I can remember. I genuinely think this is worse than anything Les Miles' LSU teams did to themselves.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
This is the worst major college offensive game plan I can remember. I genuinely think this is worse than anything Les Miles' LSU teams did to themselves.
They paid Etienne all that money and he's got what, 8 touches? He's clearly the best offensive player and they're running him out there like a gadget player.

Brutal missed DPI, I see Kalen is going to get the same benefit of the doubt calls.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
They paid Etienne all that money and he's got what, 8 touches? He's clearly the best offensive player and they're running him out there like a gadget player.

Down dozens, 12 plays in 6 Minutes and they’re still on their side of the field. They really made us go from watching Monken to this.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Down dozens, 12 plays in 6 Minutes and they’re still on their side of the field. They really made us go from watching Monken to this.
Honestly, the offense is not wildly different from under Monken. It's just Bobo has zero play calling intuition and Monken is/was a savant. That and Beck is somehow less of a feel QB than Stetson.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Honestly, the offense is not wildly different from under Monken. It's just Bobo has zero play calling intuition and Monken is/was a savant. That and Beck is somehow less of a feel QB than Stetson.

Honestly, the offense is not wildly different from under Steichen. It’s just Johnson has zero play calling intuition and Steichen is/was a savant. That and Hurts is somehow less of a feel QB than Hurts.

And now I need a drink.

Reactions: flyershockey

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Honestly, the offense is not wildly different from under Steichen. It’s just Johnson has zero play calling intuition and Steichen is/was a savant. That and Hurts is somehow less of a feel QB than Hurts.

And now I need a drink.
Jesus. Don't hurt me like that.

It's also concerning that Kirby seems to adjust well at halftime, but fails to make changes live. It tells you the top guys are good at identifying issues, but the support staff struggles implementing. More staff erosion problems.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How the hell do Penn St and Illinois have 14 Points at Halftime with 3 total Punts and no TOs?

Ugly game, felt like Penn State left a lot of points on the board tonight. Illinois took away their home run balls in the passing game. Penn State pretty much did what they wanted running the ball which is encouraging for their OL going against a solid defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad