College Hockey NCAA Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I like him.

He was at the Pens camp last summer and they seemed to like him.

Booooo :laugh:

I would imagine that after Sheary’s succcess, UMass doesn’t fly under PIT’s radar. Didn’t realize Chaffee had been to camp with them.

The only thing I have noticed is that like a lot of players that are not “plus” skaters, he needs to keep his feet moving to be effective.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Booooo :laugh:

I would imagine that after Sheary’s succcess, UMass doesn’t fly under PIT’s radar. Didn’t realize Chaffee had been to camp with them.

The only thing I have noticed is that like a lot of players that are not “plus” skaters, he needs to keep his feet moving to be effective.

I agree with the last part. Must clarify the "plus" means first steps and top speed. Because I think he moves east-west very well and his edge work is excellent. And he's strong on his skates. I'm not as concerned about speed/first steps as I was acouple of years ago. Skating coaches do fantastic work these days and it's an area teams utilize them more. Not to mention a lot of players have their own coaches they work with in the off-season now.

I don't really dive to deep into how it works in the NCAA. I would imagine that with school, practice time, and limited number of games that getting that coaching during the season is not easy.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I believe Bruins will make a stab at signing Jimmy Schuldt.

Hobey Baker finalist, NCHC first all-star team, NCHC defensive defenceman of the year and NCHC player of the year.

However, it's wildly expected he will sign with Montreal after they tried hard to get him to leave school last year.

That would make it all the better if Boston were to sign him.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
It's insane to see most of the traditional college hockey blue bloods taking a seat on the pine this upcoming tournament. I wish I had the time and money to go see some games at the Dunkin Donuts Center.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Oliver Wahlstrom bails on BC
Not a good look by him or his handlers
Lou Lams can't be happy

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Oliver Wahlstrom bails on BC
Not a good look by him or his handlers
Lou Lams can't be happy
His path was so bizarre.

Committed to UMaine at like 13, withdrew at 15, committed to Harvard, withdrew, then BC, attended and had rumblings of leaving in January.

I mean obviously the Isle were involved in their plans, but man that's just a very strange way of going about things.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
His path was so bizarre.

Committed to UMaine at like 13, withdrew at 15, committed to Harvard, withdrew, then BC, attended and had rumblings of leaving in January.

I mean obviously the Isle were involved in their plans, but man that's just a very strange way of going about things.
Sweden ,Bridgeport or Cape Breton next year

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
His path was so bizarre.

actually, it goes further back than that, remember the clip as an 9 yr old with that weird shot as a member of the Junior Pirates

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Shitty week at work, called it a day and made my way to neighborhood bar and asked them to put on the umass game. Luckily there aren’t a ton of degenerates out right now so I have reign of the tv in front of me.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Goal. UMass.

332D6CD9-35B3-41D5-8B3F-07E569621B62.jpeg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Was just about to post that umass can’t hit an open net for anything

Rescinded.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Despite the lack of finish in the first two periods, good rebound game for UMass after the loss to BC. They looked like themselves again today.

Totally smothered Harvard and Fox.

Yeah they were dominating but couldn’t convert then they hit their stride.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
That ND goal was awesome.

I took great joy in texting all my friends that go crazy for ND football with “IRISH!!!!” after they tied it up only to get met with ????

Huge ND fans, guys.o_O

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
That ND goal was awesome.

I took great joy in texting all my friends that go crazy for ND football with “IRISH!!!!” after they tied it up only to get met with ????

Huge ND fans, guys.o_O
Not so much in my eyes ;)
I have two kids going to Clarkson and one of the local kids will be playing there next year.

Reactions: Kate08

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Not so much in my eyes ;)
I have two kids going to Clarkson and one of the local kids will be playing there next year.

That’s fun! I’m all Irish here for this game (UMass this year overall), but another thing I love about the hockey tourney is you hear about schools that don’t get the spotlight from basketball and football

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
That’s fun! I’m all Irish here for this game (UMass this year overall), but another thing I love about the hockey tourney is you hear about schools that don’t get the spotlight from basketball and football

Yeah, no doubt Clarkson is all D-3 except for their Hockey.

The girls team has stolen the spot-light from the Mens lately so its nice to see them doing well.

Reactions: Kate08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad