College Hockey NCAA Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://www.uscho.com/2019/03/23/br...ow-entering-conference-championship-saturday/

Friday’s conference semifinal results gave us two more teams in the NCAA tournament field of 16: Cornell and Harvard.

That makes 14 teams in the tournament:
St. Cloud State
Minnesota State
Minnesota Duluth
Massachusetts
Quinnipiac
Northeastern
Clarkson
Denver
Ohio State
Arizona State
Cornell
Harvard

Atlantic Hockey champion (Niagara or American International)

Big Ten champion (Penn State or Notre Dame)

That leaves two spots open for Boston College, Providence and Bowling Green.

The four No. 1 seeds are also decided. They will be:
St. Cloud State
Minnesota State
Minnesota Duluth
Massachusetts

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
It was the opposite - lots of UMass fans - which is what prompted me to ask. I guess there were a ton of alums, as Fenway said. That and maybe some BU folks from the 4 PM game playing the “enemy of my enemy is my friend” game.
I didn't see more than a handful of BU fans after the first game. But they had NU, UMass and BC fans all rooting hard against them during their game.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It was the opposite - lots of UMass fans - which is what prompted me to ask. I guess there were a ton of alums, as Fenway said. That and maybe some BU folks from the 4 PM game playing the “enemy of my enemy is my friend” game.

Sorry, out of it, thought you meant no UMass fans :laugh:

They don't always travel well in my experience :D

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I know nothing about St. Cloud State, other than I have an absolutely well-founded hatred of them.

upload_2019-3-23_18-10-5.jpeg

Reactions: neelynugs

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I believe Bruins will make a stab at signing Jimmy Schuldt.

Hobey Baker finalist, NCHC first all-star team, NCHC defensive defenceman of the year and NCHC player of the year.

However, it's wildly expected he will sign with Montreal after they tried hard to get him to leave school last year.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

Hobey Baker finalist, NCHC first all-star team, NCHC defensive defenceman of the year and NCHC player of the year.

However, it's wildly expected he will sign with Montreal after they tried hard to get him to leave school last year.

free wallets are great and i'd take any of these top guys, but a LHD is low priority so if they miss out, no big deal.
i do expect them to get someone. they are always in the mix on these guys.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

The B's have been connected to Mason Jobst of Ohio State for quite a while, too. Jobst also has several other suitors (the Pens & Wild most notably).

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
A guy I hope the B’s are keeping an eye on is RW Mitch Chaffee from UMass. He is a sophomore and he just turned 21 in January, which I believe means he’s ineligible for the Draft. He’s a thick-body (6’0-6’1, 205-210) that doesn’t mind physical play, but moves well, and is a very good shooter.

He’s from Michigan, did the whole “Honeybaked” thing, but his USHL stats were not good. The UMass coaches must have seen something they liked? He was good last year and even better this year (17g/24a in 36 games).

Given that the B’s don’t have a ton of RW prospects, I hope they are aware of him.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
A guy I hope the B’s are keeping an eye on is RW Mitch Chaffee from UMass. He is a sophomore and he just turned 21 in January, which I believe means he’s ineligible for the Draft. He’s a thick-body (6’0-6’1, 205-210) that doesn’t mind physical play, but moves well, and is a very good shooter.

He’s from Michigan, did the whole “Honeybaked” thing, but his USHL stats were not good. The UMass coaches must have seen something they liked? He was good last year and even better this year (17g/24a in 36 games).

Given that the B’s don’t have a ton of RW prospects, I hope they are aware of him.

I like him.

He was at the Pens camp last summer and they seemed to like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad