Confirmed with Link: Nazem Kadri signs with the Flames (7 years, $7M AAV)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Pretty off, for a few reasons

- Kadri is a line driver, putting him with Huberdeau just weakens ever other line
- Toffoli is slow like Huberdeau, putting him with Huberdeau just weakens the balance of your top scoring line
- Kylington - Tanev were a top pair in the league last year, only an idiot would separate them
- Ruzicka has never played wing
- Weegar's skillset complements Andersson, Hanifin or Zadorov better than it complements Tanev anyways.

I can't see the future but this is what I would expect:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Phillips
Pelletier-Kadri-Toffoli
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman
Dube-Ruzicka-Lewis or Lucic - Ruzicka - Dube

Kylington-Tanev
Zadorov-Weegar or Weegar-Andersson
Hanifin-Andersson or Zadorov-Hanifin
Love this bb

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Easily one of the best lineups in the league now top to bottom. But at the same time 7 years for a 31 year old plus having so many other 30+ players... it's definitely a fixed window that will end sooner than a Tkachuk and Gaudreau window would. Definitely a scary lineup though, especially in the playoffs.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Am I close with this lineup, Flames fans?

Pretty off, for a few reasons

- Kadri is a line driver, putting him with Huberdeau just weakens ever other line
- Toffoli is slow like Huberdeau, putting him with Huberdeau just weakens the balance of your top scoring line
- Kylington - Tanev were a top pair in the league last year, only an idiot would separate them
- Ruzicka has never played wing
- Weegar's skillset complements Andersson, Hanifin or Zadorov better than it complements Tanev anyways.

I can't see the future but this is what I would expect:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Phillips
Pelletier-Kadri-Toffoli
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman
Dube-Ruzicka-Lewis or Lucic - Ruzicka - Dube

Kylington-Tanev
Zadorov-Weegar or Weegar-Andersson
Hanifin-Andersson or Zadorov-Hanifin
I would bet large sums of money that Phillips doesn’t make this team next year let alone play top line, Sutter doesn’t play Pelletier in the top 6 atleast at the start, those two plus Ruzicka don’t all make the team and play at the same time, and that 1 of let alone both of our top pair defenseman from last year don’t play bottom pair next season unless the order didn’t matter when you listed it. Like I get that’s what you would like to see and believe is the best but that’s not happening.

Realistically, we probably see:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Toffoli
Mangiapane-Kadri-Dube
Pelletier-Backlund-Coleman
Lucic-Rooney/Ruzicka-Lewis

Hanifin-Andersson
Weegar-Tanev
Kylington-Zadorov

With Toffoli/Coleman/Mangiapane all being swapped a lot, and dube bouncing between top 6 and bottom 6. Our D is arguably less set, but when Tanev was injured Kylington was our least played defenseman, so I think he’d be the most likely candidate to ride 3rd pair. Most likely other option would be to swap Kylington and Weegar to keep Kylington-Tanev together, then just completely roll pairs.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Easily one of the best lineups in the league now top to bottom. But at the same time 7 years for a 31 year old plus having so many other 30+ players... it's definitely a fixed window that will end sooner than a Tkachuk and Gaudreau window would. Definitely a scary lineup though, especially in the playoffs.

We are built very similar to the 2017 Senators. They didn't have an elite centre but Turris - Brassard - Pageau was an elite spine. They did have peak Erik Karlsson, but I think on a whole our blueline is better.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Wow! Got to give it to Flames management, you took an extremely shitty situation with Johnny hockey going to the BJ's and Tkachuk wanting out, and did the absolute best you could have done.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
We have a ton of cap space coming off in next 3 years with no superstars to re-sign. Lindholm will be a guy to extend. Andersson also. Hanifin maybe dealt at 2023 draft. Toffoli gone; replaced by Coronato. Backland and Tanev will be old and likely cheap to re-sign on one or two year deals. Zadorov will also be gone. Lots of cap space coming up.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
It is funny how much other fans seem to like our moves but I guess they are just looking at it from a broad sense so the flashy moves stand out.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Freaking love this for you guys I genuinely might root for you guys in the West! Love Huberdeau and now this makes me really happy from all the pain and gloom people were on you folks!

Naz is a beauty!

Be wary though... Even if Monahan takes a penalty in the land of the Habitants, the refs might just send Kadri to the box.

Also f***ing eh... Trelivings has big ass cajones

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
If I recall he wanted to resign in Toronto but didn't realize that that wasn't going to happen, that's why he said no to us it wasn't because he didn't want to play here he even said it at the time, it's just that he wanted to resign in Toronto. Something to that effect.
Trade complete.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
I hope you guys can grab P. Kane at the TDL and win the cup. Nice off-season.

Reactions: Mitts

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If we sign Ruzcika to a 2-way and allow him to play in the AHL for a bit, we still have enough room to sign Rodrigues assuming he costs less than 2.5mill. I'd easily give him a 2.5mill one year contract.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hope Naz can still have 3-4 good years left … happy you guys were able to get him and remain competitive..

If ownership isn’t going to commit to a rebuild then this who Gaudreau/Tkachuk situation turned out really good for Calgary to stay a contender in the division.

Just keep Edmonton down a few pegs.

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
It is funny how much other fans seem to like our moves but I guess they are just looking at it from a broad sense so the flashy moves stand out.
I think its mainly because the arrogant Oilers figured they were home and dry this coming season.;)

Reactions: MM917

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad