OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2024 (Paris Olympics 2024 as well)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Has Ted done anything really different with the Caps than the Wiz, apart from landing generational talent Ovi with his only 1 overall pick, or getting unlucky with Kwame Brown and John wall, plus some bad ping pong luck?

He hires professional hockey/basketball people, he gives them long ropes, he spends the max to the cap, he resigns the good home grown talent. What's so different, apart from luck in the draft? Its not at all like he runs the Wiz completely the opposite of how he runs the Caps. Luck is the primary difference.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Has Ted done anything really different with the Caps than the Wiz, apart from landing generational talent Ovi with his only 1 overall pick, or getting unlucky with Kwame Brown and John wall, plus some bad ping pong luck?

He hires professional hockey/basketball people, he gives them long ropes, he spends the max to the cap, he resigns the good home grown talent. What's so different, apart from luck in the draft? Its not at all like he runs the Wiz completely the opposite of how he runs the Caps. Luck is the primary difference.

I’d look at the long list of poor hires…coach and execs.

Reactions: Block

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
For Ted its kindof a shame his WNBA team won the champ right before ESPN pushed the hell out of it. That team didnt get close to the media coverage the league is now.

New Yorkers acting like last nights WNBA champ counts for breaking the drought. :eyeroll:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

It’s really as simple as who he “inherited” when taking over the reigns, and then what he did afterwards.

Bullets? I think he inherited Grunfeld. Maybe as a limited partner he was part of getting Grunfeld hired? Shrug.

Capitals, we all know it was McPhee.

I think history has proven that of the 2 GM’s he inherited, McPhee >>>>>>>>>> Grunfeld.

Not only that, Ted hired both of their henchmen to succeed them. One of which was great, and the other of which was not.

Ted’s main failure with the Bullets was “failure to act” for so so so so long. Now he has. Jury is def still way out on that one

Reactions: kicksavedave

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
It’s really as simple as who he “inherited” when taking over the reigns, and then what he did afterwards.

Bullets? I think he inherited Grunfeld. Maybe as a limited partner he was part of getting Grunfeld hired? Shrug.

Capitals, we all know it was McPhee.

I think history has proven that of the 2 GM’s he inherited, McPhee >>>>>>>>>> Grunfeld.

Not only that, Ted hired both of their henchmen to succeed them. One of which was great, and the other of which was not.

Ted’s main failure with the Bullets was “failure to act” for so so so so long. Now he has. Jury is def still way out on that one
He deferred to Grunfeld for WAY too long. The had a shot when the got Wall, Beal, and now I'm blanking on his name in the top6 or so in the draft and they just could not build a consistent playoff roster whether it was drafting complimentary pieces or attracting the right free agents. They tried to go by committee after Earnie but there were some clear bad signings/resignings and no one around to make the hard choice.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
He deferred to Grunfeld for WAY too long. The had a shot when the got Wall, Beal, and now I'm blanking on his name in the top6 or so in the draft and they just could not build a consistent playoff roster whether it was drafting complimentary pieces or attracting the right free agents. They tried to go by committee after Earnie but there were some clear bad signings/resignings and no one around to make the hard choice.
Otto Porter Jr. 3rd overall. Typical for the Bullets. They get a top pick, and it’s a shitty draft.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Smart move. Don't know if Kispert ultimately fits the time line but he's improved every year and teams always looking for long range shooters so good trading potential for draft capital.

Yep just like Deni, signed him to a sweetheart deal, then eventually dealt him. I could see that happening here also…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad