Nathan MacKinnon on current contract vs. Aleksander Barkov on current contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nathan MacKinnon on current contract vs. Aleksander Barkov on current contract

• Nathan MacKinnon on current contract

Votes: 72 69.9%
  • Aleksander Barkov on current contract

Votes: 31 30.1%

• Total voters

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The top 2 players chosen in the 2013 draft. MacKinnon going first and Barkov going second. Both still with the teams that drafted them. Both have won a cup.

MacKinnon currently has has cap hit of $12,600,000 for another 7 years.

Barkov currently has a cap hit of $10,000,000 for another 6 years.

MacKinnon is only a day older than Barkov.

Which player do you take?

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Depends on what you want. You can get arguably the most dynamic forward in the game or the best defensive center in the game who can provide great offense as well. I would say Mack just Becuase he’s a freak of nature and can break the game open at any moment. Barkov was awesome these playoffs though and was a horse defensively.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
MacKinnon, but this should be closer than the Mac/Drai poll

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Depends if you like chickpea salad
Is this a reference?

If I'm building a team from scratch, both are phenomenal choices but I'd personally take Barkov by a hair. The man does everything -- has size, strength, great on faceoffs, Selke caliber D with above point-per-game offense, 40 G/ 100 pt potential, literally plays all situations (PP1, PK1, line 1, shootouts). He might not have quite Nate's speed (which is quite the sight to behold and devastating) but the hands are filthy and he's smart and strong enough to create and maintain breakaways as he's so big and it's tough to get around him. The clincher might be that he's one of the few guys elite enough to match up against other star centers.

Crow

May 19, 2014
The money and one less year at that cap hit is enough to make me pick Barkov. I realize these guys are fairly young but age is always a risk at this high of a hit.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
MacKinnon. Respect Barkov though. Both are great. Just think of how many teams would love to have either.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm taking Mack over anyone not named McDavid so long as we're not throwing out unrealistic hypotheticals like Pettersson at 2M AAV or something.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I know Mackinnon has peaked higher and has had the better career, but my hot take is that Barkov's game will age better.

Biased Panthers fan here voting for Barkov.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Voted MacKinnon, but a team like the Oilers for example would probably prefer Barkov, so there's an argument either way.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
MacKinnon is easily worth the dollar difference.

You're crazy if you take Barkov to save 2.6mil. I don't care what your team looks like.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad