Waived: Nate Schmidt to be bought out

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1719770420757.png

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
looking back, might have preferred that 1st (ended up being Barlow)+Schmidt for Sanheim deal last year

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Is Dillon actually gone though...? Still one day for an announcement...

Schmidt will be a solid min wage 3rd pairing for a team... maybe he replaces Trouba in New York

I'd trade Ehlers for Durzi+ if possible - that bumps Pionk down but not sure Utah goes for it - their d-core is fkn solid now

Need another Dillon type guy back there. Projected D lineup not physical enough

From what I hear Dillon is testing free agency tomorrow.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
You bastard, you made Heidi cry.

I thought Schmidt was solid in his role here. But 6m is clearly to much for a third pair role. They free up space to go hard to sign Monohan I presume.
We don't need no monorail.

Not a bad guy to have in the bottom pair but certainly not at ~ $6 million.
Now that they bought him out, they can sign him for $800k.

• Haha
Reactions: WolfHouse

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I didn't think Chevy would do it, but he did. I think the Cap space was a given...To re-sign Perfetti, Stanley, Heiinola, Gustafsson and a backup goalie isn't going to break the bank but that's about $7 million in Cap space. Maybe a little less with some hard bargaining. Now the interesting thing will be to see where the add comes from. Sign Monahan and there isn't a single spot for any young player next year. I think the Jets will be looking outside for a d-man too, maybe two....not a whole lot of spending money and last couple of years Chevy has kept Cap space to avoid having to maneuver LTIR with injury callups.

The biggest thing this buyout does for me is opens the door to adding personnel who can help on the defensive side of special teams. With Heinola coming Schmidt will never get PP time again, and the PK needs help on the defensive front in my estimation.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I didn't think Chevy would do it, but he did. I think the Cap space was a given...To re-sign Perfetti, Stanley, Heiinola, Gustafsson and a backup goalie isn't going to break the bank but that's about $7 million in Cap space. Maybe a little less with some hard bargaining. Now the interesting thing will be to see where the add comes from. Sign Monahan and there isn't a single spot for any young player next year. I think the Jets will be looking outside for a d-man too, maybe two....not a whole lot of spending money and last couple of years Chevy has kept Cap space to avoid having to maneuver LTIR with injury callups.

The biggest thing this buyout does for me is opens the door to adding personnel who can help on the defensive side of special teams. With Heinola coming Schmidt will never get PP time again, and the PK needs help on the defensive front in my estimation.
I think a bigger move is coming for sure, I think we can send out Iafallo's 4mil with Rutger and replace him in the bottom 6 with Kupari. Would leave us with close 10mil to play with for acquisitions or free agents

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00