Nashville Predators talk - The offseason.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I know you are gun shy because of the crap team Columbus has been, but at a certain point you gotta play some of the younger guys, otherwise what the hell are you drafting them for? You can't wait til they are all 28 to start playing them.
Of course they need to be played, and the kids here haven't gotten nearly enough minutes. I'm just cautioning against going too far in the other direction.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Well, there goes the Myers plan. 3x3 to stay in Vancouver
That.. actually might be an ok deal. For all the crap he's gotten for inconsistent play and not living up to the hype, by all accounts Myers was pretty effective this last year.

That being said, I'm glad he won't be coming here. At 34 with an inconsistent past, I wouldn't want any piece of what he'd have ended up getting on the open market.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Guys, Draft and FA haven't even started yet, maybe let's wait a bit on the whole dark day for the franchise/lost all faith in Trotz talk?

Look at Bob, who's contract is still like 3mill more than what Saros is going to make, he literally just won the cup two days ago.

Reactions: hido and predhead1

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
Guys, Draft and FA haven't even started yet, maybe let's wait a bit on the whole dark day for the franchise/lost all faith in Trotz talk?

Look at Bob, who's contract is still like 3mill more than what Saros is going to make, he literally just won the cup two days ago.
I will accept your argument when Trotz delivers players akin to Tkachuk, Barkov, Reinhart, etc. Put those guys on the Preds and I will be estatic with Saros backing them up.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN

The issue that I have is that it's so predictable. We have one of the top 3 goalie prospects in the league and we are going to drain his value and trade him for scraps in a couple of years.

It's just more of the same.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Even with a Cup win Bob's still probably taking a 1st+ to get traded elsewhere.

I will accept your argument when Trotz delivers players akin to Tkachuk, Barkov, Reinhart, etc. Put those guys on the Preds and I will be estatic with Saros backing them up.
We're going to get 1st line center Martin Necas.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
They’ve kind of got to push all the chips in and try and win while Saros, Forsberg, and Josi are still good at this point in my opinion.
I have a lot of doubts those can be the three best players on a serious contender, and we have no path to getting another player of that caliber on the team. The other options is a true rebuild, which the Preds are fully alergic to and have been their entire existence.

I don't think giving any soon-to-be-30 goalie and 8 year contract is a good plan, period. The position is just too unpredictable. The Askarov thing is icing on the cake, but even if the cupboard was bare, it's a bad idea.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Remember when we gave Rinne his retirement contract and everyone said how bad it was?
We got lucky on one, absolutely. But if we keep rolling the dice, we're eventually going to be burned.

We're just hoping Saros beats the odds and stays flat/gets better. But hope isn't a strategy, especially when the odds are stacked against you.

For the record, I'm glad we're keeping him around. A 8M x 4year deal would have had me over the moon. I just hate the age 34-38 years when, in theory, we could have a competitive team with all the draft picks we're stocked with.

Reactions: hockey diva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad