Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
I hate to use a cliche but this team is not relentless or hard to play against or physical. We're giving up too much time and space. We're not finishing checks. We're not forechecking aggressively.

It's funny, the PK, which usually sucks early in the season has been solid, because of the aggressive nature and forcing teams to make quick decisions with the puck, that have led to few scoring chances. Our 5 on 5 play should resemble this, although I realize it's tougher to do with a larger ice surface to cover but I hope my point is conveyed.
I agree with this assessment. They look very soft

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If we went all in the season and manage a 1st overall pick, it would be kindof funny. Things could turn around quick if the #1 pick (presumably Hagens or Frondell) can step into the 2C spot quick.

But we'd probably draft schaefer (d) since our defense is buns

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Things will improve when the forwards find more chemistry. We made a ton of changes up front and on the blue line this year. It's going to take a little time.

But three things clearly are a problem with really no easy answer.

Saros is either injured still or has regressed... that's really bad on a ton of different levels. If he isn't healthy enough to be playing, we need to sit and rest him. Period. There's too much of a financial investment there.

Schenn and Lauzon aren't NHL d-men. I got 0 answers here. It's a problem.

The team is slow. We're old. We weren't a fast team last year and we certainly aren't this year.
We haven't really been "tough to play against" outside a run under Lavy and a blip under Hynes. Even as personnel has come and gone, that mentality and identity of the team just hasn't been a thing in years (as much as they may want to talk it up).

Beyond just the overall quality if the defense (which is poor), we legitimately only have maybe two guys that can transition the puck (and maybe Stasney when healthy), which seems an awful oversight for a team that wants to play uptempo, pressing, and in transition.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
We haven't really been "tough to play against" outside a run under Lavy and a blip under Hynes. Even as personnel has come and gone, that mentality and identity of the team just hasn't been a thing in years (as much as they may want to talk it up).

Beyond just the overall quality if the defense (which is poor), we legitimately only have maybe two guys that can transition the puck (and maybe Stasney when healthy), which seems an awful oversight for a team that wants to play uptempo, pressing, and in transition.
Problem with stastney coming back is it isnt going to fix the speed issue much. Fabbro will sit and stastney will be paired with schenn. Not much changes. Youll still get 18-20 mins of lauzon and 14-15 mins of schenn

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

JR303

Feb 28, 2008
While my fandom has definitely waned a bit over the years, and the number of games I actually catch has diminished, I was a bit excited about the prospect of this season.
That said, watching the defense in the parts of games that I've seen so far, has been markedly underwhelming. I think the biggest problem is that we can possibly survive having either Schenn or Lauzon, but I just can't see making it while icing both.

Also, just don't understand the issue with Fabbro. He seems to be a much more solid and dependable option right now, but for whatever reason, doesn't get the chance.
I know others have mentioned it, so it's nothing groundbreaking, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Time to break up the top line, in my opinion, especially with Nyquist looking anemic so far, that just gives the defense one main player to target, and then you get Forsberg trying to skate through 3 defenders, resulting in a turnover.

All in all, a bit unexpected if not justifiable start to the season, that sorta kicks all of us there were hopeful in the face. Ha ha.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Problem with stastney coming back is it isnt going to fix the speed issue much. Fabbro will sit and stastney will be paired with schenn. Not much changes. Youll still get 18-20 mins of lauzon and 14-15 mins of schenn
Not to mention Carrier at 22?! mins last night? I wouldn't have re-signed him at all, let alone afford him that much responsibility on the team. :help:

Reactions: herzausstein

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad