Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
How's Novak looking at 2C? Will he stay there all year between Stammer & March?
He's looked good. He will start the year as the 2C between those guys and probably stay there for a bit also. Not much competition right now for that spot unless Pärssinen suddenly finds a new gear.

Reactions: Paulinbc

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, they fixed it.

1727750172435.png

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Man, will the Preds ever get rid of that Turris contract! :mad: OMG! 4 more years including this one! $2M to sit on your @zz and eat bon-bons. If there is ever a HHOF for worst contracts ever, GMDP would have quite a few of them!

Reactions: hockey diva

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Eh none of the contracts still left bother me simply because at the time most of them made sense. They may have ended up bad for whatever reason but I don't recall too many of us being that upset about the Turris trade and contract at the time. He got hurt multiple times and then fell off a cliff. He's not the first player in history it happened too.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Eh none of the contracts still left bother me simply because at the time most of them made sense. They may have ended up bad for whatever reason but I don't recall too many of us being that upset about the Turris trade and contract at the time. He got hurt multiple times and then fell off a cliff. He's not the first player in history it happened too.
We're just lucky we don't still have Ellis and Subban on the books too, really.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We're just lucky we don't still have Ellis and Subban on the books too, really.
Well Subban didn't have enough years left for his to still be around. Ellis on the other hand was a huge dodge. Now granted it really wouldn't have killed us cap wise because whether here or there he would have ended up LTIR, but I'm sure the owners are happy not to be paying on that one.

TBH the only one still floating around out there that could really hurt is if Weber just decided for some reason that a million bucks just wasn't worth jumping through the hoops anymore, but I doubt that happens.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Well Subban didn't have enough years left for his to still be around. Ellis on the other hand was a huge dodge. Now granted it really wouldn't have killed us cap wise because whether here or there he would have ended up LTIR, but I'm sure the owners are happy not to be paying on that one.

TBH the only one still floating around out there that could really hurt is if Weber just decided for some reason that a million bucks just wasn't worth jumping through the hoops anymore, but I doubt that happens.
Subban played 3 years in New Jersey as a "broken" player. So yeah, if we had been forced to buy him out after 2018-19, he'd still have been on the books for 2022-23, 2023-24, 2024-25. That trade was a great escape for Poile.

Ellis... tbh, he should have just let that guy walk and never signed him anyway. But given he did sign him, even if we got nothing in return as it turned out (Glass), then at least he escaped his potential mistake.

Hopefully the Johansen case file results in a termination that let's us off the hook for that one too.

Now.... in Year 4/5/6/whatever of the Saros contract... do we escape that one? :naughty::naughty:

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I was happy when we acquired Turris and signed him. He had come off a good year and a good playoff run with the Sens. Seemed like a great fit at 2C. We badly needed more offensive talent at C outside of RyJo.

If I remember correctly, Poile badly wanted Duchene at that time, but Sakic wouldn't give him up w/o a King's ransom so he settled for Turris. Now here we are SEVEN years later paying both Turris and Duchene until 2028 to go somewhere else. This in on top of paying RyJo half his salary for, potentially, two years to go play elsewhere.

I give Poile full marks for trying desperately to fix the center position. At the time I agreed with RyJo's signing, Duchene's signing, and Turris's trade and signing. However, it can not be denied that these blew up spectacularly in Poile's face. This franchise is cursed when it comes to centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad