Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
1726750894931.png

New Season! Go Preds!!

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'm not sure we have any openings in training camp... I guess injuries could always happen. But it looks like we are basically at the Cap limit with a 22-man 13/7/2 roster (at least until the Johansen case is resolved). I'm sure we'll see variations in terms of line combinations relative to below, but just in terms of listing out the roster...

2024-25 Nashville Predators

Forsberg ($8.5M) - O'Reilly ($4.5M) - Nyquist ($3.185M)
Stamkos ($8M) - Novak ($3.5M) - Marchessault ($5.5M)
Evangelista ($0.7975M) - Sissons ($2.857M) - Parssinen ($0.775M)
Jankowski ($0.800M) - McCarron ($0.900M) - Smith ($1M)
Tomasino ($0.825M)

Skjei ($7M) - Josi ($9.059M)
Lauzon ($2M) - Carrier ($3.75M)
Stastney ($0.825M) - Fabbro ($2.5M)
Schenn ($2.75M)

Saros ($5M)
Wedgewood ($1.5M)

Ekholm retention: $0.250M
Johansen retention: $4M (???)
Turris Buyout: $2M
Duchene Buyout: $5.5556M

TOTAL: $87.3291M
2024-25 NHL Cap: $88M
REMAINING CAP SPACE: $0.6709M

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Bummer about Stastney. I guess the bright side is he has his waiver exemption still so he has the option to get up to speed in Milwaukee when he's ready to play again. Big opportunity for Molendyk and Del Gaizo now too to try and make the team out of camp. Molendyk can still play 9 NHL games before having to make a decision on juniors right?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
A few notes on lines from what I see on twitter this morning:

Forsberg-O'Reilly-Nyquist
Stamkos-Novak-Marchessault

Skjei-Josi
2 pretty no-brainer lines to start with.

1 that carried the load last season
1 with Novak at center with a proper assortment of wingers.

It is a good place to start. Probably gonna see all sorts of combinations though.

Anything on the bottom 6?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

It is a good place to start. Probably gonna see all sorts of combinations though.

Nothing yet but it seems like they are having three different groups practicing so not sure if everyone has even been on the ice yet.
This is a huuuuuuuge opportunity for Novak. If he can hold that spot, it could be career-defining for him.
Centering two of the top 15 goal scorers from last season is a pretty dramatic step up from Jankowski and Evangelista. The other aspect is I'm assuming that line is going to get more favorable matchups versus the O'Reilly line.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nothing yet but it seems like they are having three different groups practicing so not sure if everyone has even been on the ice yet.

Centering two of the top 15 goal scorers from last season is a pretty dramatic step up from Jankowski and Evangelista. The other aspect is I'm assuming that line is going to get more favorable matchups versus the O'Reilly line.
I bet novak gets 10 mins a night and Sissons gets time on that line as well

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

Update according to Daugherty:

Tomasino Sissons Evangelista
L'Heureux McCarron Smith

Gotta start somewhere.
I mostly agree with Trotz here actually. Good teams can make it out of the first round fairly consistently, but after that it does seem to depend a bit on matchups, injury luck, or just having the margins go your way in a hard fought series.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Update according to Daugherty:

Tomasino Sissons Evangelista
L'Heureux McCarron Smith

I mostly agree with Trotz here actually. Good teams can make it out of the first round fairly consistently, but after that it does seem to depend a bit on matchups, injury luck, or just having the margins go your way in a hard fought series.
Think id rather have Pärssinen in over McCarron.... especially if L'Heureux is tagged in. But overall dont hate it.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Think id rather have Pärssinen in over McCarron.... especially if L'Heureux is tagged in. But overall dont hate it.
Yeah although I expect that the top two lines will stay the same barring struggles by Novak and we'll see a lot of rotation in the bottom lines for a while. Not sure who Parsinnen and Jankowski were playing with today either. I feel like L'Hereux could be good on that 4th line but I also kind of worry we may pigeonhole him as a grinder type when he's shown more offensive flair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad