Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
O' Hara having a good start will be something to watch. He already has half of his normal season production in a handful of games. May not mean anything but something to see if it continues.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Stamkos had 14 goals 5on5 last season, 4th best on the Bolts with a similar rate to Hagel who was 3rd in 5on5 goals scored (16 goals) while playing about a minute and a half more per game in that situation. Only one Pred had more than 12 goals 5on5 last season.

His game isn't about explosive speed. It's getting enough open space and unleashing that shot we finally got to see go in yesterday. Obviously I don't expect him to have the same quickness and agility

Fair enough on the 5 on 5 production. I'm certainly not rooting against him. I hope he clicks here in all situations.

I didn't say his game was about explosive speed. I said I was surprised at how slow and non explosive he has looked, and I wasn't expecting much in either department. I don't expect him to have the same quickness and agility in his mid-30s as he did a decade ago, but I'm still surprised about how slow and old he has looked thus far. He was a quick agile skater when he first came into the league. Sometimes it takes guys a bit of time to get their legs underneath them early in the season. Hopefully that is the case here.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm not surprised Stamkos isn't great 5v5, Tampa fans told us that. My surprise is Brunette not knowing that and giving him the number of minutes he has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad