TSN: Nashville Aquires James Neal from Pittsburgh for Patric Hornqvist and Nick Spaling

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
1) RIP Top 6 Spaling's user name
2) Regardless of your feelings about Neal, Poile did very well here. I heard the names on Twitter and figured the specific pick(s) would follow; was shocked to hear that was the whole deal.
3) Really no idea where he ends up, but Neal might be the winger to either save Wilson's career or help provide some stability to a younger duo of linemates in Jarnkrok/Smith/Forsberg/etc.
4) I have absolutely no idea what our lines are going to look like next year

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
So the RW depth chart is Neal, Smith, Fisher? ?

Bourque to RW for the 4th line?

After RFA's Preds should have 10.5 million...TO SIGN ONE FORWARD, ONE, JUST ONE.

Think this locks up Beck to 14th forward, Wilson is still a mystery, LW or C?

Edit: JAMes Neal

wilson and fisher are starting the season at C

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
So the RW depth chart is Neal, Smith, Fisher? ?

Bourque to RW for the 4th line?

After RFA's Preds should have 10.5 million...TO SIGN ONE FORWARD, ONE, JUST ONE.

Think this locks up Beck to 14th forward, Wilson is still a mystery, LW or C?

Edit: JAMes Neal

Fisher as a RW?

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
for ppl saying that he only scored more then 30 goals once in his career, he was on pace for 40+ again last year and he only played 59 games this year, on pace for 37 goals.

Super happy about this trade and Fiala!

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
for ppl saying that he only scored more then 30 goals once in his career, he was on pace for 40+ again last year and he only played 59 games this year, on pace for 37 goals.

Super happy about this trade and Fiala!

Yes while playing with Crosby and Malkin. Give us a playmaker like that and he might score 40 here to.

As for the draft pick it could be worse but Perlini will play in the NHL sooner and will end up being a better player. At least we picked a forward...

dubgeek

Mar 1, 2012
Franklin, TN
I guess I haven't seen enough of Neal other than the thugishness that makes the rounds. I'm not at all happy about this. Losing Hornqvist really sucks. Don't talk to me about skills. NO ONE worked harder night in and night out than Hornsy. My biggest fear at the moment is that this is it. This is all Poile has planned. On the other hand, if it's one piece in a larger puzzle and more moves/an FA signing come down the pike I'll change my tune. But on its own and in a vacuum, sorry, hate it. In my mind you just don't trade heart and soul guys like Hornqvist.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I guess I haven't seen enough of Neal other than the thugishness that makes the rounds. I'm not at all happy about this. Losing Hornqvist really sucks. Don't talk to me about skills. NO ONE worked harder night in and night out than Hornsy. My biggest fear at the moment is that this is it. This is all Poile has planned. On the other hand, if it's one piece in a larger puzzle and more moves/an FA signing come down the pike I'll change my tune. But on its own and in a vacuum, sorry, hate it. In my mind you just don't trade heart and soul guys like Hornqvist.

I can see why you're upset about losing Hornqvist but character guys can always be found out there, guys who have talent are much harder to come by. We still have plenty of character on the roster and while I'll miss Hornqvist, having a true top 6 that can finish is something this team has been lacking for quite some time. You can't teach guys how to finish. We got the best player in the trade. He will also fit in the new system much better since he's got good wheels.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday

rangers traded both callahan and dubinsky, once the heart and soul of their team, and made it to the SCF this year. I think we'll be alright without hornqvist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad