GDT: nascar5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
LETS DO THIS SHIT

upload_2021-5-25_12-48-40.gif

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
People can point to Nashville's late season resurgence or whatever but the reality is if we lose this series, this season will have been a tremendous disappointment. We are the much better team and should win. Having it take 6 or 7 games is fine but if we don't make it out of the first round against a much lesser opponent that is a serious concern going forward with this squad. Tonight is a must win game.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Rod has his favorites and Ned has quickly become one. I’d suspect it’s a locker room thing as the guys really were pumped for Ned’s success and Rod is a players coach. If the vibe is they want Ned then that’s what you get. I would have Mrazek in there at some point already as he’s the starter still to me and it’s likely we will need him even if he isn’t, but the coach knows the room.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Rod has his favorites and Ned has quickly become one. I’d suspect it’s a locker room thing as the guys really were pumped for Ned’s success and Rod is a players coach. If the vibe is they want Ned then that’s what you get. I would have Mrazek in there at some point already as he’s the starter still to me and it’s likely we will need him even if he isn’t, but the coach knows the room.
I get the feeling Petr is more banged up than we might know, like sprained ligament or something where yeah he can go at like 80% but that extra 20 can be the difference between having full control over what happens with the rebounds and struggling to control where it's going. And that is the difference between being shelled in games 2-4 in this series to winning game 2 and getting things to OT in 3 and 4 at least while Slavin was out.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I get the feeling Petr is more banged up than we might know, like sprained ligament or something where yeah he can go at like 80% but that extra 20 can be the difference between having full control over what happens with the rebounds and struggling to control where it's going. And that is the difference between being shelled in games 2-4 in this series to getting things to OT at least while Slavin was out.
WHY IS HE ON THE BENCH THEN IF THAT IS SO.

I FAIL TO SEE AN OUTCOME I AGREE WITH THE CURRENT APPROACH AND NOT FOR THE LACK OF TRYING.

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Ned's playoff numbers per 60 min played are top 3 for all goalies with close to or more than 300 playoff minutes TOI. The problem thus far has not been Ned. A maybe hurt Mrazek who also plays a much different game perhaps not as suitable for playoff hockey as Ned's quick clear puck movement style, could be far worse than rolling with Ned one more game and checking in on how he feels going into game 5. If Cam Ward could go 15 straight starts, why can't Ned?

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
I've always thought they should stop in the middle of the race and reverse directions. Like when you change sides in basketball and football. It's not fair to the left side tires to always be going the same direction like that.

I once did hot laps on a high banked track in one of these
tourismo-efficiency-teaser.jpg

With this wild man driving.
Mika-Hakkinen-e1523884069354.jpg

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
And gentlemen in Raleigh now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here.
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day!
BATTLE OF AZINCOURT REFERENCE.

I WOULD LIKE THIS... ALAS I CANNOT.

NED HAS TWO DOUBLE OT STARTS BEHIND HIM, THAT'S WHY.
Ned's playoff numbers per 60 min played are top 3 for all goalies with close to or more than 300 playoff minutes TOI. The problem thus far has not been Ned. A maybe hurt Mrazek who also plays a much different game perhaps not as suitable for playoff hockey as Ned's quick clear puck movement style, could be far worse than rolling with Ned one more game and checking in on how he feels going into game 5. If Cam Ward could go 15 straight starts, why can't Ned?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

I FAIL TO SEE AN OUTCOME I AGREE WITH THE CURRENT APPROACH AND NOT FOR THE LACK OF TRYING.

It could be as simple as Ned continues to play at a level that provides them a good opportunity to win. He made the 1 blunder in the 2nd OT loss, but outside of that he's been very good IMO. Rod is rewarding his solid play. That's what I see it as. If/when he shits the bed for real, or he tells Rod he needs a break I bet we see Mrazek.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
It could be as simple as Ned continues to play at a level that provides them a good opportunity to win. He made the 1 blunder in the 2nd OT loss, but outside of that he's been very good IMO. Rod is rewarding his solid play. That's what I see it as. If/when he shits the bed for real, or he tells Rod he needs a break I bet we see Mrazek.
FAIR... THE THING THAT MUST BE SAID IS THAT I DON'T WANT TO BE PROVEN RIGHT.

NED HAS PLAYED WELL, BUT I DON'T WANT HIM PUSHED OVER THE LIMIT IN CASE THE GAME GOES TO A FU^KING OVERTIME AGAIN. I DON'T FIND IT TO BE WORTH THE RISK WITH TWO GOALIES LIKE MRÁZEK OR REIMER IN RESERVE.

Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu

Like a freaking John Grisham novel. Is Mrazek fully healthy? and if so why have we seemingly changed our entire philosophy with goalie rotations.

I mean, at the end of the day, I don't care who's starting as long as we win, but it is odd. It's not that I don't think Ned has "earned" goalie 1A or anything, just strange.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
FAIR... THE THING THAT MUST BE SAID, THAT I DON'T WANT TO BE PROVEN RIGHT.

NED HAS PLAYED WELL, BUT I DON'T WANT HIM PUSHED OVER THE LIMIT IN CASE THE GAME GOES TO A FU^KING OVERTIME AGAIN. I DON'T FIND IT TO BE WORTH THE RISK WITH TWO GOALIES LIKE MRÁZEK OR REIMER IN RESERVE.

I agree that it does seem a bit out of character for Rod to suddenly change how he rolls his Goalies. I'm just not necessarily convinced he hasn't. Generally, for most teams, 1 goalie carries the load in the playoffs so maybe he changed his mind? I'm not sure. It would seem advantageous at some point to give Mrazek a start if he's healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad