Speculation: Name the players who are likely to be Waive this October? for the first time or no.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think he gets waived because he seems like a Berube type player but there is a part of me that wonders about Ryan Reaves.

I look at Toronto and I see Cowan coming up, and Minten is coming up, Minten already made the team last year so he's close.

Then you got Lorentz on a PTO,

You got Alex Nylander on an AHL deal

Reaves job doesn't feel as secure, especially if Lorentz gets signed, the other 3 would play higher in the lineup.

Lorentz is DIRECT competition

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
I don't think he gets waived because he seems like a Berube type player but there is a part of me that wonders about Ryan Reaves.

I look at Toronto and I see Cowan coming up, and Minten is coming up, Minten already made the team last year so he's close.

Reaves job doesn't feel as secure, especially if Lorentz gets signed, the other 3 would play higher in the lineup.

Can Lorentz yell at opposing players from the bench in a threatening manner though?

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
Kings will be waiving two of Moverare, Englund, Caleb Jones or Burroughs on defense. Copley likely waived in net. Forwards look safe, unless Kaliyev signs and either he or Turcotte or Thomas struggles in camp.
Fagemo will also get waived
I thought Kostin did well in SJ? Man would I love to get him back on the Oilers.
I had to think alot about including him but with Sharks adding Wennberg, Dellandrea, Goodrow to the bottom 6 in addition to Toffoli Celebrini/Smith being NHL locks this year and possibility of carrying 3 goalies it gets close.

They very likely will roll with Grundstrom/Kostin; but when/if Couture returns or it some of the forward prospects like Graf, Bordeleau, Bystedt, Gushchin push for roster spots it gets questionable for fit/role.

Still highly likely that Kostin isn't in the training camp waiver groups but Sharks have some competition for sure.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Name the players who are likely to be Waive this October? for the first time or no.
For the Habs: Rafael Harvey Pinard (when he is no longer injured)
Pezetta,Barré Boulet
I think a distinction needs to be MN ade around

1. AHL/NHL tweeters who arr your AHL vets who might be called up or start on nhl team die tu o injuries

2. Players ending waiver exemption who likely get send to AHL club. It may be something like 1 of the following 3 make nhl club. The other two in AHL. In buffalo they have a few 25+dmen where 1 makes club as 7D and others sent down in waivers.

Bryson, Gilbert Clague, Rathborne, poolman are all competing for thst 7D spot

Rousek is no longer waiver exempt st F, neither us Brett murray, and a fee of other F. Rousek is the one who CV ou li d be the 14F or he could get sent down and buffalo goes with 13F

Reactions: Nevins

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
For the Blues I think it is likely Tyler Tucker will wind up on waivers, and an outside chance of Scott Perunovich

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Are any of them guys that can fill Reaves role as an enforcer? If so are any of them possibly going to be on waivers if they keep Reaves? IMO the Oilers could really use a player like that while Kane is out.

Reactions: bert

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
For Calgary:

Walker, Hanley, Cooley, Bishop, Frk, Hunt, Kirkland, Schwindt and Aspirot will all likely be waived

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Perry might get waived as well for cap purposes. Don't think anyone claims him.

Also, Rodrigue might need to be waived as well
I wonder if a team like Dallas, Vegas, Florida or Colorado claimed Perry… he’d have a hard time saying no to that.

Yes. No way Conner Brown clears waivers. Also don’t see the Oilers even exposing him. Apparently the OP meant someone else. Josh Brown.

And he’d sail right thru waivers.

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
On the flip side of this question; I 100% believe that the Avs will be active in waiver wire for forwards in training camp.

With Landeskog and Nichushkin likely out to start the season; and very likely for 30 days+ for both of them they can add 1-2 forwards very easily.

They want as much chemistry at D and G within their system but adding a 4th line center, or a middle 6 wing (preferably scoring wing) is easier to integrate during the season; unless Brannstrom AND MacDonald are going to be flex D/F players.

They sit really low in the waiver wire order but there aren't a lot of teams that can guarantee a forward 30 days of NHL time; most teams have openings at D.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Fagemo will also get waived

I had to think alot about including him but with Sharks adding Wennberg, Dellandrea, Goodrow to the bottom 6 in addition to Toffoli Celebrini/Smith being NHL locks this year and possibility of carrying 3 goalies it gets close.

They very likely will roll with Grundstrom/Kostin; but when/if Couture returns or it some of the forward prospects like Graf, Bordeleau, Bystedt, Gushchin push for roster spots it gets questionable for fit/role.

Still highly likely that Kostin isn't in the training camp waiver groups but Sharks have some competition for sure.
I think Fagemo is going to be 1 of the 13 forwards on the active roster

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Hoping the Kings waive Turcotte. Might get a chance to finally show what he can do on another team. Been counting down the days for like a year at this point.
Turcotte is a lock, barring a terrible camp.

The Kings finally don't have enough veteran middle 6 forwards to continue blocking out the higher quality prospects. Grundstrom, Lizotte and Dubois are gone, only Jeannot has been added. It's most likely that Turcotte, Akil Thomas and Samuel Fagemo are on the active roster.

The only real issue there is how they resolve the Kaliyev situation. His relationship with the organization soured so much last year that apparently the word is out and they couldn't even get a mid round pick for him at the draft. He hasn't signed his qualifying offer yet, so playing in LA, being dealt or waived, or signing overseas ate all still on the table.

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
I think Fagemo is going to be 1 of the 13 forwards on the active roster
It's an interesting training camp for LA Kings. He could be a great wingman for the top line (if Laferriere isn't a good fit, or he could be waived again); with Alex Turcotte, Akil Thomas, and the Kaliyev situation the Kings are intriguing. Very similiar with Canucks and Hoglander, Sprong, Heinen, and Lekkerimäki.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I don’t know. I definitely think it’s 99% likely he’s on the team but tocchet likes PDG and maybe management decides to run 8D.

I think he needs a strong camp.

The other 11F are locks.

VAN might be active looking on waivers if there’s a right hand shot C and/or 6/7 defensive minded LHD given Soucy/Forbort’s injury record. And a goalie if they don’t sign anyone here.

PDG is unlikely to be claimed, Sprong would almost certainly be. Just from an asset management perspective I really can't see Sprong being waived. If they do carry 8D then both Aman and PDG go.

I guess stranger things have happened but I would be very surprised to see him waived

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I thought Kostin did well in SJ? Man would I love to get him back on the Oilers.
He did. But this is a player with established motivation issues. Can't just hand him a spot. Sharks have a ton of forwards signed and not very many spaces for them. Zetterlund, Eklund, Granlund, Toffoli, Wennberg, Sturm, Dellandrea, Goodrow (unfortunately), and Kunin (unfortunately) are locks for NHL spots. Celebrini is essentially a lock and W. Smith as well. So that's eleven guys, meaning Grundstrom, Kostin, Musty, Bordeleau, Graf, Gushchin, G. Smith, and Bailey are essentially fighting for one third line role and 13th forward. I would think that Kostin will win out of that group, but it's no sure thing.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Are any of them guys that can fill Reaves role as an enforcer? If so are any of them possibly going to be on waivers if they keep Reaves? IMO the Oilers could really use a player like that while Kane is out.

Kyle Clifford as close as it comes, but Reaves is a top 3 enforcer in the NHL so hard to replace that with someone

Reactions: bert

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
For the Devils 2 of DeSimone, Hatakka or Kovacevic will certainly hit waivers. Maybe Nolan Foote and hopefully one of MacDermid or Bastian.
Also Zboril and Hutchinson if the end up signed.

Last edited:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Perry might get waived as well for cap purposes. Don't think anyone claims him.

Also, Rodrigue might need to be waived as well
I think we have one more year before Rodrigue is waiver eligible. I might be wrong though. I don't expect we will waive Perry unless we sign another body. Right now, we're under the cap ceiling, so unless something changes, we won't need to waive Perry. Especially if they waive J. Brown. He'll get us another million in space once we waive him, although losing Broberg might have changed the plans with him. I expected him to be a tweener who we called up to fill in for injuries, but that depth spot might be Brown's now.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Colorado:

F - Phillips, Tynan
D - Aamodt, Ahcan, Malinski, Middleton, Rosen
G - Mandolese

Jacob MacDonald is 50/50, he probably starts in the NHL (at LW) with the Landeskog/Nichushkin situations. Chris Wagner could get waived if Colorado finds an upgrade at 4C (PTO, camp battle, etc.).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What kind player? One that doesn’t play? Zero chance we take reaves

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad