Speculation: Name the players who are likely to be Waive this October? for the first time or no.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Name the players who are likely to be Waive this October? for the first time or no.
For the Habs: Rafael Harvey Pinard (when he is no longer injured)
Pezetta,Barré Boulet

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
A few off the top of my head that pique my interest

Gage Goncalves from the Lightning
Sam Malinski - Avs
Pavol Regenda - Anaheim
It’s more likely the Avs waive a LHD like Branstrom than a RHD like Malinski.

Good eye though. No chance Avs could slip Malinski thru waivers. None.

Gleason, Brown, Hamblin, Lavoie, Pederson etc. from Oilers.
If Connor Brown gets waived, he’s gone. He’d be claimed in a second at his new AAV.

Reactions: Nevins

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Pens bottom 6 is a logjam. If McGroarty was promised a roster spot to sign that is also going to push someone out.

Guys like Poulin and Puustinen will be first time waiver eligible who I think teams would take a chance on.

Guys who likely wouldn’t be claimed but might be due to low cap hits as depth are Puljujarvi and Bemstrom.

Less likely guys who could find themselves as the odd man out are Glass and Acciari.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
:nashville
Minor league veterans (nobody will claim):
F - Vinnie Hinsostroza, Anthony Angello, Kieffer Bellows, Jake Lucchini
D - Kevin Gravel, Nick Blankenburg
G - Matthew Murray

Younger possibilities:
Phil Tomasino - If he doesn't make a statement in training camp, then he might not make the team, the Preds have sent him back to the minors each of the last 2 seasons, and don't seem to be particularly enamored with him. Which is a shame, he certainly has NHL skills. They want him to work harder, grind more or something. Or they may hold onto him and try to trade him for a pick instead, since he'd obviously be a quick claim if they waived him. All assuming he even signs, of course. :dunno:

Marc Del Gaizo - he looked decent in a cameo last season. It's possible he could stick with the Preds. He will basically be in a training camp battle with Spencer Stastney and perhaps Blankenburg. If he impresses, they may choose to use Stastney's waiver exempt status to send Stastney down instead and keep Del Gaizo as the spare on the big team. But I don't think they'll really be scared to waive Del Gaizo either, since it's quite unlikely he'd be claimed. :dunno:

Reactions: Nevins and banks

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Buffalo

First time possible: Lucas Rousek

Some think James Reimer will be waived to make room for Levi. I think there is less than 50% chance of that happening.

Reactions: goach and Nevins

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Canucks:

AHL guys overwhelmingly likely to hit waivers & are semi-notables for organizational depth:
Wolanin, Brisebois, Woo, Patera

Unlikely but has to be at least one of them depending on 13f vs 8D. Or injuries, bad camp, someone else unexpectedly steals a spot bumping more than 1 down, etc:
Sprong, Aman, PDG (current 12-14th forwards)

Friedman, Juulsen (current 7-8D)

So it’s most likely Friedman in VAN. And I don’t think teams will be choosing to grab him over younger, more physical alternatives from other teams.

You can see why VAN jumped the Podkolzin thing. Aman fits a positional need better for a depth F, and PDG is always good in training camp.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Canucks:

AHL guys overwhelmingly likely to hit waivers & are semi-notables for organizational depth:
Wolanin, Brisebois, Woo, Patera

Unlikely but has to be at least one of them depending on 13f vs 8D. Or injuries, bad camp, someone else unexpectedly steals a spot bumping more than 1 down, etc:
Sprong, Aman, PDG (current 12-14th forwards)

Friedman, Juulsen (current 7-8D)

So it’s most likely Friedman in VAN. And I don’t think teams will be choosing to grab him over younger, more physical alternatives from other teams.

You can see why VAN jumped the Podkolzin thing. Aman fits a positional need better for a depth F, and PDG is always good in training camp.

No chance Sprong is waived IMO.

One of PDG/Aman as well as Friedman will be though.

Last edited:

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
SJS- at least 1 of: Kostin, Grundstrom, Bailey if Askarov makes the NHL roster possibly others if more prospect F's also.

WPG-Rasmus Kupari

CGY-Walker Duehr (again)

UTA-Victor Soderstrom (is he waiver-exempt if/when he signs an RFA deal?: age 23, signed ELC at 18, played in parts of 4 NHL season; 4, 16, 30, and 3 games played for a total of 53) I am assuming he is exempt; but am I missing something?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kings will be waiving two of Moverare, Englund, Caleb Jones or Burroughs on defense. Copley likely waived in net. Forwards look safe, unless Kaliyev signs and either he or Turcotte or Thomas struggles in camp.

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
Arvid Soderblom from Chicago
With Brossoit injury Soderblom might hit waivers later than the other goalies and clear if all the spots are filled.

CAR- Martin
CGY- Cooley
FLA- Driedger
LAK- Copley
SJS- Vanecek
TOR- Murray
UTA- Villata/Stauber
WPG- Comrie
WSH- Shepard

There aren't many NHL roster spots availabe for 2nd/3rd goalies as of now. Possibly Edmonton, Tampa Bay, Boston (if Swayman holds out), or Vancouver (Demko injury). Training camp injuries will impact that however.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
No chance Sprong is waived IMO.

One of PDG/Aman as well as Friedman will be thoigh
I don’t know. I definitely think it’s 99% likely he’s on the team but tocchet likes PDG and maybe management decides to run 8D.

I think he needs a strong camp.

The other 11F are locks.

VAN might be active looking on waivers if there’s a right hand shot C and/or 6/7 defensive minded LHD given Soucy/Forbort’s injury record. And a goalie if they don’t sign anyone here.

Last edited:
Reactions: gsharpe and Nevins

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
SJS- at least 1 of: Kostin, Grundstrom, Bailey if Askarov makes the NHL roster possibly others if more prospect F's also.

WPG-Rasmus Kupari

CGY-Walker Duehr (again)

UTA-Victor Soderstrom (is he waiver-exempt if/when he signs an RFA deal?: age 23, signed ELC at 18, played in parts of 4 NHL season; 4, 16, 30, and 3 games played for a total of 53) I am assuming he is exempt; but am I missing something?
I thought Kostin did well in SJ? Man would I love to get him back on the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad