OT: Music being played at Leaf games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Leafs have 15000 season ticket holders who tend to be an older age bracket, long time seat holders which also include corporate / suits. This is why the music is what it is. They want to cater to there audience.

As for raptors / nba fans in general the crowds tend to have a wider age demographic and ethnicities and need to appeal to the masses. Also the raps / jays employ night club dj’s to handle the in game musical experiences.

What I’d like to see is individual goal scoring songs. Each player has a song of there choice played when they score. Similar to walk up music in baseball. While the rest of the in game should be some top 40, 80’s -90’s, rock, oldies / but goodies
I like that individual idea

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
dream weaver is doozy of a choice. fires the crowd right up?

honestly the entire presentation we have sucks. anthem singer hurt my ears
goal announcer is boring, and the music is cringe.

this organization can be so hard to like.

There is so much they do wrong on game day but I think both of those changes were positives, especially Martina.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I can just picture the boomer MLSE execs sitting in a boardroom, going over the results from a boomer focus group on in-game music.

"Wait, you guys like Hall and Oates, too!?....for my money it doesn't get any better than when they sing You Make My Dreams"
Like it or not, boomers have power, money and lots of it. Who do you think authorizes the company's budgets for expenses such as season tickets?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I can just picture the boomer MLSE execs sitting in a boardroom, going over the results from a boomer focus group on in-game music.

"Wait, you guys like Hall and Oates, too!?....for my money it doesn't get any better than when they sing You Make My Dreams"
I love listening to millennials complain about Boomers. Make me giggle.

Reactions: the squared circle

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018
They need to play more classic rock and use the organ more. Wish they would play Zelda on the organ. Martina is good

Reactions: CincoHolio

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
I hate listening to millennials complain about anything.

A millennial told me "I don't understand her generation and i don't "speak her language" ".

I said that was fair but made sure she understood that I had no intention of learning about her generation and it doesn't matter what generation you are from in the workplace.

SMH

Reactions: dirty stanchion

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I know they can't (for obvious reasons) but I really, really miss hearing Gary Glitter at a Leafs game.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
There's plenty of 'boomer' songs that are high energy. We might as well play f***ing hold music our tune selection is so lame. ENERGY.

Chungo2

Apr 22, 2018
Anything that has a good guitar riff is amazing. Hell Yeah would be ideal, but just something that adds energy to the team.

If we don’t go that way than the 1993 song “The Leafs are the Best” just to troll the other team. Even that would deflate the energy lol.

Reactions: the squared circle

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
here is some from game 1: avicii levels
welcome to the jungle gnr
back in black acdc
crazy little thing called love- queen

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Looks like Sweet Caroline has been shelved this year.
My daughter was disappointed.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
The season opener intro, and introduction of JT as our new Captain last night.....Horrible. When will MLSE stop placating the old fuddy duddy's in the platinums, who wouldn't know a good time if it came up and bit their asses, and make moves to increase the overall entertainment value of their brand?....

They've obviously notice the effect it has on Raptors fans at home games. So why aren't they copying their model?... Other than the "Auston Matthews" chant, last night's crowd was f***ing bland and boring. The overplayed top 40's crap they play on the regular has alot to do with the pathetic levels of crowd energy at Leaf games imo, and will continue to be as quiet as a library unless the higher up's at MLSE grow a set, overhaul their crappy music selections, and change with the times.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
The season opener intro, and introduction of JT as our new Captain last night.....Horrible. When will MLSE stop placating the old fuddy duddy's in the platinums, who wouldn't know a good time if it came up and bit their asses, and make moves to increase the overall entertainment value of their brand?....

They've obviously notice the effect it has on Raptors fans at home games. So why aren't they copying their model?... Other than the "Auston Matthews" chant, last night's crowd was ****ing bland and boring. The overplayed top 40's crap they play on the regular has alot to do with the pathetic levels of crowd energy at Leaf games imo, and will continue to be as quiet as a library unless the higher up's at MLSE grow a set, overhaul their crappy music selections, and change with the times.
Are you saying they should cater to the people who aren't in the building instead of the ones that are?

Atmosphere was great where I was sitting.

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Are you saying they should cater to the people who aren't in the building instead of the ones that are?

Atmosphere was great where I was sitting.

Came across extremely lackluster at home. This was the season opener, and the best compilation of songs they could think of to kick off the new season is that lame Hall and Oates song followed by a top 40 instrumental that plays on the radio every 10 mins?... .Like c'mon already.... MLSE really needs to step up their A game with this or else the next generation of Leaf fans won't be attending their boring, overpriced games and just simply watch from home.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Came across extremely lackluster at home. This was the season opener, and the best compilation of songs they could think of to kick off the new season is that lame Hall and Oates song followed by a top 40 instrumental that plays on the radio every 10 mins?... .Like c'mon already.... MLSE really needs to step up their A game with this or else the next generation of Leaf fans won't be attending their boring, overpriced games and just simply watch from home.
People who like to watch hockey will always fill the building.
I'm sure most people had no idea of the songs that were played or really cared that much.
Crowd was great last night, maybe live games just aren't for you.

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
People who like to watch hockey will always fill the building.
I'm sure most people had no idea of the songs that were played or really cared that much.
Crowd was great last night, maybe live games just aren't for you.

Nah, MLSE with Leaf games seem to be completely inept and off the mark with how they present entertainment to the masses. Go look at how Montreal, Boston and Nashville present their games, and how incorporate the ENTIRE package of entertainment to their fans in arena AND at home, then come back and tell me it's the same thing.

If you don't think the crowd energy (or a lack there of ) doesn't have an effect on opposing teams and the outcome of games, then I have a bridge to sell you in the Sahara Desert.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad