OT: Music 6

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was going to take my parents there when we were visiting about 20 years ago, and they announced on the news of a murder a few doors down the night before we were going. So we didn't bother...
If you don't hear from the Dude for a while call the cops .:laugh:

Reactions: macmaroon

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
Thought I'd give a RIP to Paul Di'anno, Iron Maiden's vocalist for their first two (underrated) albums. He didn't have the pipes Bruce Dickinson does but his vocals really suit the rawer sound of their early stuff, especially the first album.

Bummer, didn't know he died. :( I also love his raw voice on the first 2 albums.

Reactions: Jets 31

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
One more Di'anno Maiden song (my personal favorite, love the chunky bass line Steve Harris plays).

Great tune and I loved the first two albums. There was a guy I went to school from kindergarten onwards that played drums (still does - Whole Lotta Angus) at the time and he hooked up with a couple of guys when we were in grade ten. Got lucky enough to fall in with them and they were very, very forward of everyone on music. I heard the Maiden EP within months of its release. Di'Anno was the voice of Maiden for me and it was really weird when the third album came out.

I was going to drive down to St. Paul this week for the Maiden show, but ended up at a conference in Tucson instead. Sometimes life sucks. The Maiden set list is not for the casual fan for sure. To be honest I was more interested in catching the opening act - The Hu. Still haven't seen them and I'm not sure they've played Canada other than this tour with Maiden.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Prior to going to Tucson I did get to catch the Dropkick Murphys show. Two other acts as well. A great show in a fun venue and probably one of the loudest shows I can recall. I haven't had that much buzz in my ears for a long time.

The Scratch opened the show. Had never heard of them and only one of them looked like they do in this video. The percussion was quite wild and they are quite talented. The "drummer" is the spitting image of one of my good friend's younger brother to the point of being spooky.

Pennywise followed and their energy was unreal. Also hadn't heard of them but I'm listening to them now.

Dropkick Murphys were of course great. Al Barr (one of the lead singers) remains on hiatus and the last two shows I've been to he has been absent.

Show was sold out and was very happy to have tickets. They're well worth the money and remain a pretty inexpensive band to see live.

Next show up for me is Nathaniel Ratliff in March. Out of town for Springsteen.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
And since Halloween is a few short days away....

Phantom of the Paradise came up in the GDT today. November 2nd is the 50th anniversary show at the Burt. Sold out last December very quickly but you can get tickets for the afternoon matinee that was added. I'd love to be at the evening show but have family in town so not happening. Paul Williams and a number of the band members will be in attendance at the show apparently. There are some pretty cool videos on Youtube of past Winnipeg visits if you're bored.

I really should have changed my avatar for October but have been way too busy with work and travel since mid September.

Jessica Harper is one of those women I had a crush on before I knew what a crush actually was.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Sort of the modern Halloween group. Obviously more diverse than just doing Halloween videos but they sure do seem to have fun with it. They have a live show streaming on the 30th I believe.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
And since Halloween is a few short days away....

Phantom of the Paradise came up in the GDT today. November 2nd is the 50th anniversary show at the Burt. Sold out last December very quickly but you can get tickets for the afternoon matinee that was added. I'd love to be at the evening show but have family in town so not happening. Paul Williams and a number of the band members will be in attendance at the show apparently. There are some pretty cool videos on Youtube of past Winnipeg visits if you're bored.

I really should have changed my avatar for October but have been way too busy with work and travel since mid September.

Jessica Harper is one of those women I had a crush on before I knew what a crush actually was.

Will be there for the evening show, should be lotsa fun! Jessica Harper was so smokin’…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad