Value of: Much Needed Grit to the Big Apple

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Ryan Reaves brings a 20-30pts to the table, + that physicalitty / presence on the ice.

Chytil brings the same production, but not toughness and hasn't shown progression offensively for 2 years now... so yah, come playoff time, Reaves >>>> Chytil

Reaves has hit 20 points once in his career and is on pace for 11 this season.

Reactions: Goomba

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kadri for Chytil + 2022 2nd
hell no
bluest blue chips are not being moved
would consider other assets IF no better option than Kadri, which is unclear, and it is unclear TOR will/will not move him.

Why is Kravstov untouchable?

Honestly, they should try to turn Kravstov or Kakko into this sort of player. Neither appears to be a big scorer in this league and have the body types to do it.

Krav is a highly skilled 9OA.
He has played pivot and is a legit option for C on a line with
Kakko and Panarin as his Ws.
and is on elc

He is not being moved.
Nor should he be.
I get how anti-Ranger guys like yourself would love to poach here, but that's not happening.
NY will pay higher end of market for some toughness;
are not needlessly surrendering overpay of primo assets for that.

Neither KK or VK should be forced into a lesser player.
If end of the day they are very solid across the board otherwise, some level of development can be considered as to adding that specialty, but I don't want offense suppressed.
I also don't want those guys spending time unnecessarily in the penatly box b'c they are enforcers first and productive players second.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Reaves has hit 20 points once in his career and is on pace for 11 this season.
I've yet to see a single argument on whu a playoff team would trade a nasty grotty 3rd / 4th liner who's mean for a 3rd - 4thliner who's soft as butter and frankly, bad defensively

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Ryan Hartman was making dangerous hits on Canucks during their mini playoffs. Finally the chance came Virtanen fought Hartman, and the dirty hits kinda stopped.

Michael Ferland earlier in the 2020 season against the capitals, a rather chippy game, Wilson was targeting Canucks young stars. Ferland said something to Wilson and the hitting from Wilson came to a complete stop.

Both these guys can be had for cheap. Virtanen is also heading into a contract year which means he will try hard for a big pay day. Could be had for cheap. 5th round pick cheap.
Virtanen isn’t a deterrent. How many games has he actually stepped up like that? Also, no one is taking him right now considering his current situation

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Checked some articles from your team's fanbase and they mentioned he was an "average contributor" but was part of the bottom 6 and PK? We'd happily make that trade if he could play either 3rd or 4th line C to replace our current overpriced and injury prone guys, plus he's 6'3" and on his ELC still (and around 47-49% on faceoffs) so sign me up.

Howden stinks. The classic case of the old Casey Stengal argument "he's 23? In ten years he'll be 33".

He's young and was part of a big trade is all he has going for him. If you go to the Rangers section, they'd drive him to the airport and probably pay for his ticket to Vancouver.

Roussel hitting everything is sight for NY would make the fanbase happy.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
hell no
bluest blue chips are not being moved
would consider other assets IF no better option than Kadri, which is unclear, and it is unclear TOR will/will not move him.

Krav is a highly skilled 9OA.
He has played pivot and is a legit option for C on a line with
Kakko and Panarin as his Ws.
and is on elc

He is not being moved.
Nor should he be.
I get how anti-Ranger guys like yourself would love to poach here, but that's not happening.
NY will pay higher end of market for some toughness;
are not needlessly surrendering overpay of primo assets for that.

Neither KK or VK should be forced into a lesser player.
If end of the day they are very solid across the board otherwise, some level of development can be considered as to adding that specialty, but I don't want offense suppressed.
I also don't want those guys spending time unnecessarily in the penatly box b'c they are enforcers first and productive players second.
I have no interest in him. For a “highly skilled” player, he doesn’t really put up numbers

Reactions: mm11

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Howden stinks. The classic case of the old Casey Stengal argument "he's 23? In ten years he'll be 33".

He's young and was part of a big trade is all he has going for him. If you go to the Rangers section, they'd drive him to the airport and probably pay for his ticket to Vancouver.

Roussel hitting everything is sight for NY would make the fanbase happy.
Roussell is done. He’s not the same player this year.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I've yet to see a single argument on whu a playoff team would trade a nasty grotty 3rd / 4th liner who's mean for a 3rd - 4thliner who's soft as butter and frankly, bad defensively

You've already proven multiple times in this thread that you've A: never seen Chytil play and B: Don't even know how to read a stat line properly, so I'm not sure why anyone would give a fiddler's fart what your opinion of the player might be.

Reactions: bernmeister

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I'm telling you, go to the Rangers board and propose Roussel and a 7th for Howden. Rangers fans would give you the key to NY.

Done and done, I'll drive our Frustrated Frenchman to the airport, since he's taken so many lazy penalties and might not bring the requisite skill to play a complete agitator's game anymore, plus at $3 million he's not worth the money given our cap struggles.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Gotta laugh at the Kassian suggestions. Guy is a spot picker, usually he only fights guys under 20 or middleweights. He's also a garbage person and every Oiler fan would have agreed until he joined their team. He isn't scaring anyone, Wilson would feed him his lunch.

And he has a bad contract lol.

Some what agree . I don't think it is so much he picks his spots . He just feeds off of emotion . No fans no emotion he disappears . He did have lots of issue before he came to the Oilers . But they neuter him . McDavid could be being killed right beside him and he would skate away unless so how he got pissed off . His contract is bad . I will give Holland a pass on that as he was just coming to Edmonton and probably went by the recommendation of the deadbeats that were left around .

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Ryan Reaves brings a 20-30pts to the table, + that physicalitty / presence on the ice.

Chytil brings the same production, but not toughness and hasn't shown progression offensively for 2 years now... so yah, come playoff time, Reaves >>>> Chytil

Why do people make statements without googling stuff? His career high is 20 its which he did once. Where are all these 20-30 pts seasons? Its one 20 pt season and more seasons in single digits than double digits. He averages about 12 pts in 82 games. Was on an 11 pt pace this year.

Reactions: haveandare

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Trade for Reaves. But honestly, I think a lot of it can be attributed to the developmental system. If you set your AHL team up to be NASTY, you'll make your own Wilson's.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zadorov is the only one that makes sense

young enough, big size, not great speed but ok mobility
plays either side
can thus be 7th D replacing everybody on a regular game schedule, keeps everybody fresh longer,
those games can be staggered so he is available for games where an enforcer is more likely needed

Chi can spare and has cap tightness
has no 5th rounders this yr or next
we can do
NYR 2021 + 2022 5ths
for
Z

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I have no interest in him. For a “highly skilled” player, he doesn’t really put up numbers
I kinda agree. Alot of teams can boast similar talents to Krav in their systems. Just because he was drafted 9th overall means nothing to the NHL world. Perhaps HF it does.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Zadorov is the only one that makes sense

young enough, big size, not great speed but ok mobility
plays either side
can thus be 7th D replacing everybody on a regular game schedule, keeps everybody fresh longer,
those games can be staggered so he is available for games where an enforcer is more likely needed

Chi can spare and has cap tightness
has no 5th rounders this yr or next
we can do
NYR 2021 + 2022 5ths
for
Z
is this comedy?
you offer 5th rounder because chicago doesn't have a fifth in 2021 and 2022? (although they have 2x4th in 21 and 2x3rd in 22)
do you think chicago values those picks therefore higher?

the rangers don't have a second this year.
so fox for a second should be fine.

zadrov is a rfa. if chicago doesn't want to extent him, you can simply offer him a more attractive contract, than any other team in free agency. but the return of two 5th rounder in consecutive years will definitely not make them move zadrov's rfa rights. the compensation will be better for any kind of offer sheet zadrov would sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad