Value of: Much Needed Grit to the Big Apple

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Getting a tough guy that can actually score, is going to be more cost prohibitive than the Rangers would be willing to deal with (not a fan of the Rangers, so I surmise that point).

It was previously mentioned a bottom pairing defenseman on the Kings, Kurtis MacDermid may be the solution to players taking advantage of the Ranger's skill players. He's 6'5", 233 who doesn't go out to put the team in a 5 minute hole. But, when called upon to do so, he drops the gloves and handles business. It would seem that a player like Tom Wilson doesn't respect the suspension avenue as a deterrent to his on-ice behavior, someone who will be there to give him a well deserved ass beating would. MacDermid has another year left on his contract at $875,000 and is ED eligible. However, with the talent on the Rangers that will be available, it's doubtful that the Krak would select him.

Is MacDermid a defenseman that you want on the ice against the Capitals first line? When it comes down to it, if you are targeting Wilson specifically, you have to take that into account. Washington will let you put a 3rd defense pair on the ice v Ovechkin any time you want to

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Damn, the Flames could have gotten a ransom for Bennett had they waited a little longer. Oh well, there's always Lucic+Monahan for Buch and uh, I dunno, a pick because why not.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
I watched last nights Ranger - Washington game. Came away happy for NY as they stepped up for Panarin

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Jared Tinordi, Nicolas Deslauriers, Jordan Greenway or just bring back Brandon Prust

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Lol ok. Just make stuff up. No point of talking to you, like I said.
What's made up? Every game is available on TV from this season if you live in Canada and would like to verify. 3rd Ottawa/Calgary game of the season. Bennett wants to go, Tkachuk refuses. Heck the Hamonic fight was 2 weeks ago. There's no helping you if you think Brady Tkachuk can win a fight against Tom Wilson. Lucic, Chara and Reaves would be close fights. Brady isn't even in the conversation.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What's made up? Every game is available on TV from this season if you live in Canada and would like to verify. 3rd Ottawa/Calgary game of the season. Bennett wants to go, Tkachuk refuses. Heck the Hamonic fight was 2 weeks ago. There's no helping you if you think Brady Tkachuk can win a fight against Tom Wilson. Lucic, Chara and Reaves would be close fights. Brady isn't even in the conversation.

Still making stuff up bud :laugh:

There's no hope for you in this conversation.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Still making stuff up bud :laugh:

There's no hope for you in this conversation.
Haha, I provide references and you still can't see past your need to be right, even though casual hockey fans would know Brady Tkachuk and Tom Wilson aren't in the same class. One fights 5'9" 170 pound Brendan Gallagher and the other fights 6'9" 265 pound Zdeno Chara. Not much point in posting with someone like that.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Well, we just saw that POS Tom Wilson own Buch, Panarin and Strome. Enough is enough. We need to get a lot more gritty and a lot more hard to play against.

Basically, I want my own Tom Wilson, Matt Martin or Brad Marchand. I'm not looking for just a goon...ideally, this player would add some offense and hockey skill.

Untouchables:

Laf
Kakko
Fox
K'Andre
Kravtsov
Panarin
Zibanejad
Igor
If ypu want to protect your self from Tom Wilson then you need ryan Reaves. End of story

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Ryan Reaves brings a 20-30pts to the table, + that physicalitty / presence on the ice.

Chytil brings the same production, but not toughness and hasn't shown progression offensively for 2 years now... so yah, come playoff time, Reaves >>>> Chytil

So you're a stat reader who doesn't even know how to read stats properly, is that it?

Two years ago, Chytil put up 23 points in 75 games and was a -22.
Last year, Chytil put up 23 points in 60 games (same points in 15 fewer games) and was a -7.
This year, Chytil has put up 21 points in 40 games (~same points in 30 fewer games than two years prior) and is a +9.

He doesn't play with Panarin, Zib, Buchnevich, or Strome. He's rarely on the ice with Fox. He's not on PP1 (in fact ALL of his points this season are ES). And he's still just 21 years old.

Even if you don't watch Rangers games, at least look at more of the stat line than just total points. Anyone with a brain cell can see consistent progression here for three years running, both offensively and defensively.

But no, I'm sure you're right that a 34 year old winger with a career high of 20 points in 80 games (a mark Chytil beat as an 19 year old), is FAR more valuable than a 21 year old center with the progression noted above whose worst season exceeds Reaves's best season.

Based on your "total points and nothing else" evaluation system, Connor McDavid seems to be regressing (116, 97, and 93 points in his last three seasons). Maybe Edmonton should sell now while he still has ANY value, amiright? :sarcasm:

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This was exceptionally bad timing, a clusterfk of injury to all toughest guys at once.

Granted NY needs to supplement them first internally and then see if another can be had, but
no
premise of this thread needs to be in context

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad