Proposal: MTL & WILD

ProfessorFink22

May 28, 2020
Is that Calgary pick the one with all the crazy conditions attached? Has that all been settled? No protections?

I don't like this for Minny, but that Calgary pick could be sneaky high this upcoming year, in fairness to the OP

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Is that Calgary pick the one with all the crazy conditions attached? Has that all been settled? No protections?

I don't like this for Minny, but that Calgary pick could be sneaky high this upcoming year, in fairness to the OP
That pick is almost certainly Florida's pick next year (unless by some miracle Calgary finishes higher than 10th worst)

MTL : CGY first 2025 + Luke Tuck + Sean Farrell
for
WILD : Danila Yurov
It's Tuch. Not Tuck

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018

If CGY is outside of the top 10 it's the best pick between the CGY and FLO.
If CGY is in the top 10 then it's FLO's pick.
CGY could sure finish around #11 - #14

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Why would the Wild consider this? What honestly is the piece that makes sense for the Wild? A mid 1st and a couple of bottom 6 prospects?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

If Calgary is bottom 10 and so if Florida, the puck becomes a 2026 unprotected.

If the Flames, or Panthers are bottom 10 and the other one isn't, the Habs get that one.

If both are above the bottom 10 the Habs get the better of the two picks, so it could be 11th overall as it's highest for the 2025 draft.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah i wish Guerin would be dumb enough to do that

Yurov is top 6 player in the making.... for a late first and prospect who teams generally have planty of this kind

No way in hell Calgary finish outside the bottom 10

Reactions: Weltschmerz

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
If Calgary is bottom 10 and so if Florida, the puck becomes a 2026 unprotected.

If the Flames, or Panthers are bottom 10 and the other one isn't, the Habs get that one.

If both are above the bottom 10 the Habs get the better of the two picks, so it could be 11th overall as it's highest for the 2025 draft.
So, in reality, we're talking about a pick that is very very very likely just florida's 1st (which, as we saw when edmonton traded their 2025 1st, has very limited value)

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

Attachments

• ron-swanson-no.gif
    ron-swanson-no.gif
    451.3 KB · Views: 1

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Beyond trash offer for Minnesota top prospect who’s not available and is seen as 1 or 2c. Why would wild trade their top Russian prospect with kaprizov on team??

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Yurov for Demidov would be an interesting start ... but I would not do either. For a team that is desperate for a young center, a 6-2 (20 yr old centerman) top regular season scorer on the top team in arguably the top league outside of the NHL, is invaluable.

So if you wouldn't do Demidov for CGY first 2025 + Luke Tuch + Sean Farrell to start, then its a non-starter.

I would hold off and obviously not jump to the conclusion that Yurov is a franchise piece or is untouchable, but you have to start with Demidov value to even get the convo rolling.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

high enough to make up for Yurov? Yurov is exactly what the wild need and he's just about done cooking.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Funny to see that Yurov is allready a superstar.
Did not think he holds that much value, but i guessed wrong.
The point was to get a other Russian to play with Demidov, sometimes chemistry is important.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Funny to see that Yurov is allready a superstar.
Did not think he holds that much value, but i guessed wrong.
The point was to get a other Russian to play with Demidov, sometimes chemistry is important.
Where'd you see that? Not one person said anything close. Let's maybe dial down the absurd hyperbole in an attempt to justify a ridiculous proposal.

Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad