Proposal: MTL & TB

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
You think the Habs are at the end of the rebuild? and Savard is a long term player? The Habs have a couple more years before they start competing.

Do you understand?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Habs will be a in the running for a playoff spot in 25-26. They will compete this year if Dach plays most of the season. They won't liklely be a serious contender until this years draft choices are ready to contribute. They have all the players they need to be a contender in the org now and they will add more with the 10+ picks the have next draft. Savard will be useful for 2-3 years if they keep him.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
You think the Habs are at the end of the rebuild? and Savard is a long term player? The Habs have a couple more years before they start competing.

Do you understand?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

What the heck are you on about? Do you think the Habs want to be in a perpetual rebuild like some other teams? Eventually you have to decide you're happy with the horses you got, Demidov and Hage are fine pieces to complete the rebuild. Yes of course you want to keep some picks coming in because unloading all your picks is a contender's move.

The Habs are now at the fine tuning stage, this year we should be a bubble team just outside the playoffs. For two years after that a middling playoff team and then after that hopefully a contender. So a good 4 years before we start making some noise.

So Savard won't be with us when we're ready but meanwhile he can be a great mentor to our young D. I could see us re-signing him for another 2 years even. I mean it's the Habs' plan and not the Devils'. I hope you guys are planning to move forward and not fall into the desperately collecting picks stage. I mean you would think you guys would prefer NHL-ready players so you could maybe make the playoffs this year or the next.

Anywho be well.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It's pretty comical watching Habs fans think Savard is bringing back more than Tanev and the same as Hanifin.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I’m not opposed to a RHD upgrade but it’s not a priority right now. We need another top-6 winger and likely an upgrade to our bottom-6.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
A cheap, RHD who has won a cup and is looked at as a good locker room guy? That's the exact kind of player GM's pay over the HF Boards eval to acquire. Savard will return a first if the Habs are patient enough.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Savard was god awful his first time around no thanks.
1720474561270.png

Reactions: Gaud

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think Savard gets first rounder pick value at the TDL, but not so much now.

They will pay that value for a D to put on defensive missions (PK, D Zone faceoffs), where his physicality and shot blocking can be put to best use. He will likely play 3rd pairing otherwise. Seems like a calming presence that pushes you to work harder through hard work and sacrifice - everything a team needs in the playoffs.

I think Mtl keeps him till at least the TDL, and only if they feel the D are ready to be steady without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad