Proposal: Mtl-TB

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
oh yes, Pacioretty is the new Bourque, i'm making it... um, shtick?

why is comparing Carey Price to Jesus Christ not trolling
But Max Pacioretty to Rene Bourque is?

i want to give him that nickname, Max "Rene Bourque" Pacioretty
So it is your new shtick! I knew it...

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
oh yes, Pacioretty is the new Bourque, i'm making it... um, shtick?

why is comparing Carey Price to Jesus Christ not trolling
But Max Pacioretty to Rene Bourque is?

i want to give him that nickname, Max "Rene Bourque" Pacioretty

i seriously believe in this, and i know a few habs fans pointed out that i probably never watch hockey nor have i ever played it, of course that's a habs defense mechanism and i understand that

but i am not picking at anyone, that's his nickname and it shouldn't bother you if i am completely wrong about this,

However, it may bother you only if deep down in your consciousness you know that he does possess quite a few of Bourque's characteristics

:handclap: Now you got the attention you needed. Congrats.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Drouin projects (blah blah blah, he can bust, blah blah blah) as good or better than Patches and the lightning would have no need for Pateryn.

Both teams say no

Drouin doesn't really project like Pacioretty at all

8 career goals in 91 games

vs

someone who's either scored 30, or was on pace for 30, each of the last 6 seasons. Since 2010, Pacioretty has scored 319 points in 395 games. Pacioretty has also finished top-5 in the Selke vote, and was the highest ranked winger in the vote.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
First of all Kucherov for Patches isn't happening so don't even go there. As far as the proposal in the OP is concerned:

- The last thing we need is another LW, even a very good one
- Not only does Drouin have elite potential in his own right and was about the only guy who consistently showed up to play against the Pens in the ECF, but he's also the key to the revitalization of our power play and his skill set is desperately needed to get any sort of positive value out of Stamkos and the massive contract he just signed. Patches is a fine player but Drouin better fits our needs.
- Retaining $0.5M on Filppula only saves us a little over $1M compared with his buyout so his value as a cap dump is minimal at that point

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Drouin was talked about having attitude issues and Yzerman was also shopping him. It doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make.

As for the OP, I'm not sure how this solves Montreal's problem of being small and not overly physical up front. I'd be more interested in Brian Boyle than anything from Tampa right now... but not for Patches obviously.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
That's because at the time, it was true. Things change.

It was never true. Just because a lot of fans of other teams are saying something on a message board that doesn't mean it has the slightest shred of validity.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
It was never true. Just because a lot of fans of other teams are saying something on a message board that doesn't mean it has the slightest shred of validity.

A lot of things were said on the message board, who knows what he would have went for had he been traded at the time. He's worth way more now than he was then because of all the questions about his attitude and how little he had proven up to that point. He finished the year strong with a great playoff.

I'm done arguing about this. It's pointless.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Tampa has to trade someone by next off season....right now Tampa has 6.5 million of cap space they still have to sign RFA Kucherov.....next off season they have 3 big RFA's to sign Tyler Johnson,Palat and Drouin,and they have 6 million coming off the books with Ben Bishop.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Tampa has to trade someone by next off season....right now Tampa has 6.5 million of cap space they still have to sign RFA Kucherov.....next off season they have 3 big RFA's to sign Tyler Johnson,Palat and Drouin,and they have 6 million coming off the books with Ben Bishop.

8 million coming off bishop and Boyle

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
well according to this trade proposal he would still have "no value" as Rene Bourque is one of the most overrated players in the NHL today

Team USA agrees with my inexperienced, noob, troll, hater comments

What would team USA know.The whole team sucked throughout the whole tournament.:nod:
To bad Bourque isn't in the offer.;)

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I'd do this.
Drouin with Galchenyuk and Gallagher would be dynamic.
Pacioretty is the more reliable scorer, currently, but his physical game has dropped considerably since the Chara hit.
I can see Drouin reaching Pacioretty levels, but not with Therrien behind the bench, so I only do this if there was a coaching change.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
im not 100% sure drouin still wants to be a lightning tbh, i know both parties made comments about how no more hard feelings and they act like nothing happened. ( new chapter)

anyone ever thought Yzerman called drouin knowing letting him play in the playoffs was a win-win situation for both parties and he told him hey kid, look the situation is bad for everyone, how bout you come help us in the playoffs, we win games, you do great, show other team your potential, brings up your value and we have a better chance at the cup, than do your resquest!

of course im speculating and of course drouin could have like the chemistry and last plyaoffs performance making him want to stay, but i watched pretty much every interview he did and feel like theres something wrong and everytime they asked him about him staying, he responds like a robot, hes nonchalent and just feels like hes trying to stay politicly correct, but yeah maybe im overlooking things.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That's one of the better deals I've seen around here. But for MTL they're losing a major piece in Max and taking on quite an anchor in Filppula. Drouin was fantastic in the playoffs but is generally still very unproven. If I'm the Lightning I take this and haul ass and figure out the cap consequences later

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
im not 100% sure drouin still wants to be a lightning

I can see why you'd feel that way but he and his agent shut down all the trade requests and Drouin verbally committed to wanting to play here. There won't be any issues on Drouin's part so long as coach Cooper doesn't screw with his ice time.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I can see why you'd feel that way but he and his agent shut down all the trade requests and Drouin verbally committed to wanting to play here. There won't be any issues on Drouin's part so long as coach Cooper doesn't screw with his ice time.

i seen all this, doesnt mean anything, subban wasnt suppose to be traded either. sometime things like that are said to go under the radar, alot easier to transact when theres no distraction!

personnaly its my feeling but like i said i could be very wrong!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Not a bad offer. But not a trade I'd make in the division. Could easily come to bite us in the ass if Drouin blows up.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
TB should take this and run..

Patches value has never been lower to Habs fans. With Therrien calling him the worst captain, Torts calling him out and his unwillingness to play good hockey come playoff time.. It seems most of us want to see a change.

Naming Weber C and getting rid of Therrien would have a bigger positive impact then this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad