Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fair trade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

polpolpro

Jan 10, 2023
If Deminov and Lindstrom are already gone at #5 maybe a trade can be made by MTL

Habs: Get the center they wanted to draft last year with Will Smith

Sharks: the possibility to draft one of the best defensemen like Anton Silayev, with adding the best center (Celebrini) and another very good player at #14 (like Sennecke, Eiserman or Connelly) could be a very good draft for them

Habs can maybe add a little +

• Haha
Reactions: Patty Ice

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
giphy.gif

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Smith is better than every 2024 prospect outside of Celebrini.
Well, yeah, as Celebrini just did more with less and being a year younger.

Also, not entirely sure. If you compare how he was at this point last year to others, there's another 2 players I'd say are better, maybe 3. Those would be Demidov, Levshunov and Dickinson.

That said, Smith has played as well as San Jose could hope for, so they're not trading him for the 5th. Would need an overpayment and that's not an overpayment.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Smith is better than every 2024 prospect outside of Celebrini.
I would also take Demidov and Lindstrom before Smith.
And the defense are great this year,
Levshunov is a better prospect then Reinbacher.
Parehk and Buium, Dickinson are beast as well.
Depends what the biggest need with SJ, Defense is up there for sure.

If Levshunov is available at #5 i am sure SJ thinks about it hard.
Might come with WPG first as well as the #5.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Didn’t we have this thread like two weeks ago or something?

It’s not horrible or anything but I don’t see how the 5th overall pick in this draft, and only even contingent on three specific players being gone, is close to landing last year’s 4th overall pick in a way stronger draft who has done nothing but shatter expectations in the past calendar year.

Feb 5, 2016
If Deminov and Lindstrom are already gone at #5 maybe a trade can be made by MTL

Habs: Get the center they wanted to draft last year with Will Smith

Sharks: the possibility to draft one of the best defensemen like Anton Silayev, with adding the best center (Celebrini) and another very good player at #14 (like Sennecke, Eiserman or Connelly) could be a very good draft for them

Habs can maybe add a little +
So let me get this straight in your trade proposal the sharks would be trading Will Smith for the 2024 5th overall pick.

If that’s the case the Sharks would need a lot more then just the 2024 5th overall pick to even think about moving Smith.

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
As A Habs fan I'd be ecstatic if that happens, but no way SJ accepts that. I'd take Smith before any forward that aren't named Celebrini in this draft. Demidov is close, but the fact he played in the MHL keeps doubts in my evaluation

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
As others have said, definte no from the sharks. Will Smith would be going #2 in this draft. Some have mentioned team needs and the Sharks need is top end talent. They are not In a position to be looking for a position in particular. Maybe in a year or 2 that will be the case but for now it's best available talent. If the sharks really want to grab another top 10 pick for a dman in particular they have the #14 and 2 seconds they can package to try and move up without trading Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad