Proposal: MTL & NASH

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
People here are acting like the 1st of Tampa Bay or Vegas have an insane value. Drafting a top 6 or an top 4 at those rank are pretty rare.

That said, I don’t see Montreal making this deal, they are starting to build something good, trading a vet for a late first will not help their rebuild IMO
When fans of both teams hate it, that means it's a good trade right?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
OP really made a bunch of incorrect statements about a team he doesn't watch (notable about our RD situation), double downed when got called out, and then vanished out of the thread when it continued to go awry lmao

Reactions: Soundgarden

UED

May 2, 2021
We're already in the middle of a rebuild. We still needed reliable vets hence signing the old vets.
Through absolutely NO FAULT of your own(Poile is to blame), and identical to my favorite team's fanbase, you have never known what a rebuild is, but it's that thing the Sharks, Hawks, Jackets, Ducks are doing which you probably call "tanking". It is not making the playoffs a 9th time out of 10 and signing two 40 goal scorers to further strengthen the team. Reminds me of when my team signed Gionta and Cammalleri and traded for Gomez instead of rebuilding. Our fanbase stands strong with yours as we've both watched all these amazing teams draft these even more amazing players like McDavid, Hedman, MacKinnon, Barkov, Kane, Crosby, Ovechkin and Doughty, develop them, build teams around them and win cups while we were debating which bust we wanted with our 15th overall pick.

You should absolutely NOT want to trade a 1st for Matheson, bad fit anyway because Josi already does his job, but you are not in the middle of a rebuild. You guys have luckily had a fantastic start so far though. I hope for you that you can finally draft a forward better than David Legwand or Filip Forsberg, like every other team other than yours and ours gets to have.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
The Preds do not need a LD. Far from it. What the team needs, and some will disagree here, is a 1C. While ROR had a fine season last year, he's better suited to be a 2C at this point in his career.

I'd settle if we could get a good 2C because that'll be easier to find than a 1C. That's a reason to give up some of the 1st round picks we have, you don't give them up for Mike Matheson, who doesn't fix a big hole on this team.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Trotz is old. He is not interested in a rebuild.

Trotz is old. He is not interested in a rebuild.

Lots of GMs are “old.” Their age says absolutely nothing about their interest in rebuilding or not. I’d guess that trading away several players and amassing 1st round picks is a pretty clear indication of where Trotz thinks the team is, free agent signings notwithstanding. If Nashville had traded premium picks to rent those guys, sure. But they gave up nothing but money.

Being the worst team in the NHL for a decade doesn’t guarantee anything anyway. At some point the team needs to want to win, and signing vets is a good way to insulate young players during rebuilds. When every Predators fan here says they are rebuilding, I take their word for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad