Proposal: MTL & NASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Tatar isn’t worth much in the last year of his deal.

Don't get yourself worked up over it. It's a JFH thread, it's just embarrassing for all involved.

Where do the Habs find $5.75mm+ AAV for Danault next year? They’ll be capped out. Can’t keep them all.

I don't know if you know this but there's a huge contingent of Habs fans that hate everything about MTL management. Everything. They complain about every single move Bergevin made during the off-season. Every single move. But notice no one complains about our Cap situation? Say what you want but GMMB is a penny pincher and despite the awful Alzner contract the Habs were comfortably under the Cap in the last few years. Don't worry about us Cap-wise we'll be fine.

He's a 50+ center in Montreal, that's good for - 5-15 points here.

Hehe. I still can't believe you're still here spreading your ignorance. You didn't even know Danault was a Centre. Give your head a shake and go hit the showers buttercup.

In what world does he deserve 4M? The kid had 12 freaking points last year...

Did you see the kid over the post-season? He was terrific. I'd definitely sign him at 4mil per if we could get him under contract for 6-8 years.

overpaying in a off-season hurts you at least twice.

Don't worry about us buddy we'll be fine. Tatar probably won't be re-signed and Jake Allen will get picked up by Seattle. I even read an article somewhere that said that Kraken management is also expecting to draft Allen off of us.

Just pointing out that in no way does KK deserve a 4M salary. Like no way. The kid hasn't done squat.

I don't know if you've been keeping up with hockey recently but teams in the last 10-15 years are paying for players not by what they've accomplished but how you expect them to perform. As long as the term is long I'd give him 4 mil AAV for sure.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

one of Lehkonen/Armia will be lost to free agency and replaced by Poehling . Tatar would be replaced by Cole Caufield.

In the Seattle draft the Habs will likely lose ine if Chiarot/Edmundson or Allen. If its a D, Habs will bring in Norlinder. If its Allen, then Cayden Primeau should be ready.

habs can easily make it work and will do so organically as their young prospects will be ready and need spots. Every year there is turnover. It is expected.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
one of Lehkonen/Armia will be lost to free agency and replaced by Poehling . Tatar would be replaced by Cole Caufield.

In the Seattle draft the Habs will likely lose ine if Chiarot/Edmundson or Allen. If its a D, Habs will bring in Norlinder. If its Allen, then Cayden Primeau should be ready.

habs can easily make it work and will do so organically as their young prospects will be ready and need spots. Every year there is turnover. It is expected.
seems you are well aware, that montreal needs to find cheaper options for the bottom six and might lose one or two players they would rather keep. just be careful about the elc options. if they actually play well, performance bonuses might come on top of their currently listed cap hits. the rangers currently sit on 10m of potential performance bonuses for this season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
seems you are well aware, that montreal needs to find cheaper options for the bottom six and might lose one or two players they would rather keep. just be careful about the elc options. if they actually play well, performance bonuses might come on top of their currently listed cap hits. the rangers currently sit on 10m of potential performance bonuses for this season.

Top prospects on ELC reaching performance bonuses is a good problem to have. I looked at KK for his last year of his ELC and he would have to have a very very very good season to reach them. I'd take that problem if it came at a cost of Tatar and Byron

And if Caufield does that to us in future seasons when he starts his ELC, the cap will rise by the time that possibly happens. It's minor problems for the Habs. The biggest problem is the 21/22 season and then there is relieve. We are not a good situation compared to most

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Funny how Habs fans are excited and liked all the off season moves this year and then we have the same haters that come into every Habs thread to stir shit up. Learn something new already jesus.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Wild guess... 25% of the posters are here to belittle others. Bad apples in the bag
Thing is its the same "25%" in every Habs thread I have noticed all year now. They just can't wait to jump into a Habs thread to talk shit!

We have Mcjedi and I am surprised Richard88 and Patagonia aren't here but I think they will drop by sooner rather then later.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thing is its the same "25%" in every Habs thread I have noticed all year now. They just can't wait to jump into a Habs thread to talk shit! lol

100% accurate. Some Habs fans are guilty as well but I agree with you on the general statement where some hate us that much... they are waiting in the shadows and jump at every chance to throw us under the bus. It's the same posters and no idea how they are allowed to get away with it over and over again. And I got infracted for making a mistake and posted something in the wrong thread. Policing the rules seems to be subjective

Reactions: Sick Nuzuki

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Thing is its the same "25%" in every Habs thread I have noticed all year now. They just can't wait to jump into a Habs thread to talk shit!

We have Mcjedi and I am surprised Richard88 and Patagonia aren't here but I think they will drop by sooner rather then later.
Sadly this goes both ways. Some Habs fans does the same thing in other team's threads. Better if keep talking about the trade and ignore them IMO. You can notice those same exact patterns with Oilers/Leafs fanbase just to give one.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Again, the Habs can easily re-sign Danault (~2M above his current 3M salary) in the next offseason. Its really not a concern unless Danault over-performs this season and prices himself out.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Tatar will be our built in rental this year . After the season he walks . He’ll be more valuable to us than a second and prospect . His 4.8 million will cover raises needed for danault and armia . 2.8 million to danault would put him at 5.88 and 1.4 raises for armia brings him to 4 million per season .

the remaining 600,000 grand from Tatar , weals expiring 1.4 and the 2 million dollar drop in alzner s buyout covers the raises to petry and Gallagher with 750,000 to spare . This spare 750 added to whoever is lost in expansion will be enough to cover kk’s raise even if we lose fleury , juulsen , mete . I just don’t know why fans from other teams are losing their sh.. over our cap space .
Kulak has positive value for his deal and attaching a mid round pick to Byron would give us 5 million plus for further upgrades .

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Tatar will be our built in rental this year . After the season he walks . He’ll be more valuable to us than a second and prospect . His 4.8 million will cover raises needed for danault and armia . 2.8 million to danault would put him at 5.88 and 1.4 raises for armia brings him to 4 million per season .

the remaining 600,000 grand from Tatar , weals expiring 1.4 and the 2 million dollar drop in alzner s buyout covers the raises to petry and Gallagher with 750,000 to spare . This spare 750 added to whoever is lost in expansion will be enough to cover kk’s raise even if we lose fleury , juulsen , mete . I just don’t know why fans from other teams are losing their sh.. over our cap space .
Kulak has positive value for his deal and attaching a mid round pick to Byron would give us 5 million plus for further upgrades .
Because other fans don't know shit about the Habs cap and just see this year's cap and start there haterade train. People really need to look at next years cap and see there is a bunch of cap space coming off the books. We might not be getting anyone new next off season but we are sitting comfy without doing anything and not over paying when it comes to raises.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Because other fans don't know shit about the Habs cap and just see this year's cap and start there haterade train. People really need to look at next years cap and see there is a bunch of cap space coming off the books. We might not be getting anyone new next off season but we are sitting comfy without doing anything and not over paying when it comes to raises.
Who cares what other posters think. We know the numbers and we know we have no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad