Proposal: MTL & NAS

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Sissons > Dvorak
Jankowski = Anderson and you don't pay 50% of Andersons contract for him to play on the forth line. not a big enough upgrade and I don't know if it is.
Matheson wouldn't get 1st PP minutes so his value drops and would Matheson on the 2nd PP really be that much better then Skjei?

Savard makes some sense but he isn't worth what you are offering. Maybe at the deadline and Nashville has struck out on all the other deadline RD.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
When I read the word "garbage" in the description of a player in here it has become non useful. If you really believe this get yourself some skates and a stick and go show the player you are sluring how to do things.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
View attachment 899689
Pretty sad on the third and 4th line ,
Dvorak could fill the third line center, Anderson on their third line as well
Sissons is a perfectly good 3rd line center. If they are going to need a center it's going to be on the 2nd line, and that's if Novak just can't improve on where he was last season. I don't see Trotz moving futures to upgrade the bottom six. They have enough pieces in the pipeline to give some younger guys shots if needed.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Sissons > Dvorak
Jankowski = Anderson and you don't pay 50% of Andersons contract for him to play on the forth line. not a big enough upgrade and I don't know if it is.
Matheson wouldn't get 1st PP minutes so his value drops and would Matheson on the 2nd PP really be that much better then Skjei?

Savard makes some sense but he isn't worth what you are offering. Maybe at the deadline and Nashville has struck out on all the other deadline RD.
No offense, but those exact same arguments were made regarding Monahan at the deadline. He still returned a 1st. The truth of the matter is we as fans can speculate but at the end of the day we have no real idea how players would be deployed on the new team and if their value is decreased or not in the eyes of a gm considering them. That said I'm all for eviscerating Lockedin's proposals at every opportunity

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
No offense, but those exact same arguments were made regarding Monahan at the deadline. He still returned a 1st. The truth of the matter is we as fans can speculate but at the end of the day we have no real idea how players would be deployed on the new team and if their value is decreased or not in the eyes of a gm considering them. That said I'm all for eviscerating Lockedin's proposals at every opportunity
Yes, and Monahan went to a team with a putrid PP and an opening for him (4 forwards get PP1 as well making it easier).

He had also been a PP1 staple for a decade and MTL had a goal differential of 8goals/60 with him on the PP since acquiring him (the next highest are dach at 6.85 and caufield at 6.15). So monahan was actually very much helping MTLs power play.

So find a team with a NEED for Monahans PP QBing. (Hint, it isn't a team with Roman Josi on it).

Maybe a Detroit to replace Ghost (assuming Gustafsson doesn't fill that role)
Maybe a minnesota to improve on Faber (although the wild had the best PP in hockey last year in terms of expected goals, mostly bc of Kaprizov)
Maybe philly to QB their abysmal PP (although I expect that'll be drysdale and I don't see them buying yet)

The problem is Matheson hasn't exactly led a good power play. MTL ranked 29th in expected goal differential and 28th in actual differential on the PP last year, and 29th and 25th respectively in those categories in 22-23.

Ledge And Dairy

How can you say that Matheson won't be a big upgrade on the top 4 ?
Dvorak would sure be a upgrade on the third line.
Savard ? damn he does it all.
Ok then ....
Easily lmao. He is a liability on anything but the power play and he will never sit above Josi in that regard. Skjei is at worst just as good as him for the 2nd unit and is actually good at 5v5.
Dvorak is an upgrade how exactly? Novak is definitely better.
Savard is a 3rd pair defenseman lol

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Slafy will always be within us.

Like the force?

Spaceballs4.jpg

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
When I read the word "garbage" in the description of a player in here it has become non useful. If you really believe this get yourself some skates and a stick and go show the player you are sluring how to do things.

Get off your high horse. We all critique things we don't take part in. I guess you can't say bad things about movie actors, politicians, or chefs or anything else you don't partake in.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Again folks, this guy, who definitely isn’t Slafy (the Habs fan who continually made awful garbage proposals) who just showed up making awful Habs proposals immediately after Slafy’s disappearance does not speak for “Habs Nation.”

Also it’s definitely, for sure, not Slafy. It’s for sure somebody completely different. Totally.
Oh. Well. It's good we cleared that up, then.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
There is a clear pattern here between this poster and one that "disappeared" right when this one started posting, despite the number of posts he has. That means he changed his name, probably several times.

All of his trades are the exact same formula that just end up making Habs fans look bad.

As for the other part, none of his threads have been locked, except one, that happens to include a team of importance to someone important.

Also, I actually do have proof he's Slafy.
1) Flaming: Critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks against members are not permitted. Report flaming, do not respond to it. Counter-flaming is also prohibited.

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.
---

Basically calling someone a troll is trolling and also flaming. If you think someone is doing something as you describe then the best to not post and instead report the post in question or use the "Contact us" button.

Source? A Red ghost with a cute hat.

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
There is a clear pattern here between this poster and one that "disappeared" right when this one started posting, despite the number of posts he has. That means he changed his name, probably several times.

All of his trades are the exact same formula that just end up making Habs fans look bad.

As for the other part, none of his threads have been locked, except one, that happens to include a team of importance to someone important.

Also, I actually do have proof he's Slafy.

Making bad proposals is not against the rules unless they are made in a trolling attempt.

Attacking other posters, however, is against the rules.

You have the ability to ignore threads and posters, use it as needed.

Plenty of fanbases have posters who make threads that aren't liked, no need for the persecution complex.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Oh yeah, NSH wants all sorts of garbage for high end pieces. Spoke with Barry yesterday and he said any low pieces he could find were his.
Agree that NAS wouldn't really be interested in these players. But a 2nd rd pick isn't necessarily a "high end" piece.

If it is, that means that Yzerman sent Walman and a high end piece for future considerations.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Regardless of how these proposals might look in a Salary Cap vacuum, the reality is that the Preds are already OVER the Cap. So even 50% retention on any players isn't going to be possible for the Preds. It's just not going to fly.

Even if the team had any interest in those specific players... which they likely don't... you couldn't GIVE those players to the Preds for free, even with retention. Let alone for the proposed futures returns.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Agree that NAS wouldn't really be interested in these players. But a 2nd rd pick isn't necessarily a "high end" piece.

If it is, that means that Yzerman sent Walman and a high end piece for future considerations.
Walman kicked Yzerman's dog. Not a valid comparison.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I thought, by looking at the partners involved, this could be an interesting thread. I didn't expect the names offered. Nashville has several young pieces that need to be moved and plenty of draft and prospect capital. I don't really understand the premise of these deals especially with the salary cap issues we already have.

Reactions: Armourboy

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Nashville is in for the win, signing Stamkos, Marchesseault, and Josi, O'reilly not getting any younger.

Could the Habs trade some decent pieces for future ?

I see Dvorak, Matheson, Savard, Anderson being targets for Nashville.

MTL : Matheson (50%)
for
NAS : Fedor Svechkov OR best of first 2025

or

MTL : Dvorak (50%)
for
NAS : Tampa 2nd 2025

or

MTL : Savard (50%) + 3rd 2025
for
NAS : Worse between Nash and Tamps first in 2025

or