Proposal: MTL & NAS

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Nashville is in for the win, signing Stamkos, Marchesseault, and Josi, O'reilly not getting any younger.

Could the Habs trade some decent pieces for future ?

I see Dvorak, Matheson, Savard, Anderson being targets for Nashville.

MTL : Matheson (50%)
for
NAS : Fedor Svechkov OR best of first 2025

or

MTL : Dvorak (50%)
for
NAS : Tampa 2nd 2025

or

MTL : Savard (50%) + 3rd 2025
for
NAS : Worse between Nash and Tamps first in 2025

or

MTL ; Anderson (50%) + 4th 2025
for
NAS : Nash 2nd pick 2025

Last edited:

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Nashville has 2 1st, 2 2nd and 2 3rd in next year draft on top of a really nice prospect pool.

If they want to buy, they can and will do a lot better than Matheson/Savard/Anderson.

They also will not buy now. They’ll probably wait and see what this group looks like and what’s available at the deadline before making their move(s).

Remember that some of the top targets at the deadline often get traded for a 1st and/or a prospect. And sometimes even less, look at how cheap some of the top pieces were at last year deadline.

Most contenders/playoffs teams don’t have anywhere near the ammo to outbid Nashville from a picks/prospect point of view at this year deadline. They also play in a really attractive market so rentals are probably gonna be interested in re-signing with them.

Last edited:

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
No hate man and while I’m definitely not a Preds fan, they have absolutely NO NEED for any of the aforementioned.

Their 12F, 6D and 2G are pretty much set in stone and they have solid depth options. No need for overpriced players.
1723066901643.png

Pretty sad on the third and 4th line ,
Dvorak could fill the third line center, Anderson on their third line as well

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Again folks, this guy, who definitely isn’t Slafy (the Habs fan who continually made awful garbage proposals) who just showed up making awful Habs proposals immediately after Slafy’s disappearance does not speak for “Habs Nation.”

Also it’s definitely, for sure, not Slafy. It’s for sure somebody completely different. Totally.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Nashville has 2 1st, 2 2nd and 2 3rd in next year draft on top of a really nice prospect pool.

If they want to buy, they can and will do a lot better than Matheson/Savard/Anderson.

They also will not buy now. They’ll probably wait and see what this group looks like and what’s available at the deadline before making their move(s).
Stamkos did not come in a team that wants a rebuild, i see them going for targets and try too win

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
We don't want any of that crap (and don't have the cap space anyway).
i get that cap space that's why i put 50% retained on all.
But these are not crap players, i mean you have Nyquist on your top line ?
Come on man !!
(MOD)

Last edited by a moderator:

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Montreal can only retain on one more contact for next season so if they were all moved it would be at full price except 1

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Come on man !!

that's what you probably want as well... lucky you
Don't sleep on Nyquist. I've always thought he was a better player than his stat line indicated. He is coming off a 75 point season and he going to have more offensive talent around him this coming season.

Reactions: Habs7631

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
View attachment 899689
Pretty sad on the third and 4th line ,
Dvorak could fill the third line center, Anderson on their third line as well
Glass and Tomasino exist.

Come on man !!

that's what you probably want as well... lucky you
MTL has had just 1 player in the last 15 years surpass Nyquists 75 points from last year

Reactions: Soundgarden

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Don't sleep on Nyquist. I've always thought he was a better player than his stat line indicated. He is coming off a 75 point season and he going to have more offensive talent around him this coming season.
Odds are he isn't going to get 1st PP time though like he did this past season. It's probably going to be hard for him to replicate but that doesn't mean he is bad or useless. Even if we only get 50 out of him he is still a useful player for us.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

Ledge And Dairy

Stamkos did not come in a team that wants a rebuild, i see them going for targets and try too win
You are right that he did not go there for a rebuild, just like Saros did not sign an extension to be part of a rebuild. However that would mean they would logically use their deep pick and prospect pool to acquire good hockey players that improve their roster no? Of all your proposals which of those includes a player that improves their roster?

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
You are right that he did not go there for a rebuild, just like Saros did not sign an extension to be part of a rebuild. However that would mean they would logically use their deep pick and prospect pool to acquire good hockey players that improve their roster no? Of all your proposals which of those includes a player that improves their roster?
How can you say that Matheson won't be a big upgrade on the top 4 ?
Dvorak would sure be a upgrade on the third line.
Savard ? damn he does it all.
Ok then ....

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
How can you say that Matheson won't be a big upgrade on the top 4 ?
Dvorak would sure be a upgrade on the third line.
Savard ? damn he does it all.
Ok then ....
What area does Matheson improve nashville on? He doesn't play on their PP over josi or skjei. He's awful on the PK. And he isn't particularly effective 5v5.

Sissons is much better than Dvorak.

Savard (assuming you view Josi as a RD) would arguably be nashville's 5th best RD behind Josi, Carrier (no argument up to this point), Schenn, and Fabbro

Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Ad

Ad