Confirmed Trade: [MTL/LAK] 2024 1st (21OA) for 2024 1st (26OA), 2024 2nd (57OA), 2024 7th (198OA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
The 7th round pick doesn't really have any value so they are trading a late 2nd to move up 5 spots in the 1st round which seems fair value.

But, but, but... it's an early 7th rounder!

I think they draft skill with the 5 th ( Demidov) and size at 21(Grenntree, Boisvert…) or They try to have Necas!

Necas? At the prices the Canes are asking? nope.

Why? What a waste for Montreal when we don't even know who will be available. Worthless.

Oh Sanis! Never change.

In the past, sure. Who knows now, with the new regime?

The owner's a Montreal Anglo, the president's a guy from Massachusetts and the GM's a Montreal Anglo who's lived the majority of his adult life in Massachusetts. But yeah, those silly Frenchmen right?

If Montreal did in fact trade up to draft Letourneau……THAT incompetency.

Dude this is your 3rd post in this thread blasting MTL. You're starting to hyper-ventilate.

They gave away 3 picks for this pick

Yeah. How could we forget the 7th rounder, the early 7th rounder.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Either Montreal is targeting a specific player or another team is, in which case the 21st OA will be part of a trade.

Most probably a small group of players.

I don't understand this trade...

Why move up 26 to 21 before the draft? How is that worth it when you don't even know if your target will be there?

You know how many hockey websites have been running mock drafts? I'm pretty sure MTL's run hundreds. They know which way the wind is blowing and most likely where the players they're eying will land. I'm guessing if the Habs wanted to nab one of the guys they targeted they'd need a 21st or around pick. So they made that happen.

So, Montreal made this trade with Hage in mind, and had a plan B for a trade if Hage was off the board. Hughes said so during his post-draft presser.

I'm sure if Lou hadn't grabbed Eiserman Ken would've.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
But, but, but... it's an early 7th rounder!

Necas? At the prices the Canes are asking? nope.

Oh Sanis! Never change.

The owner's a Montreal Anglo, the president's a guy from Massachusetts and the GM's a Montreal Anglo who's lived the majority of his adult life in Massachusetts. But yeah, those silly Frenchmen right?

Dude this is your 3rd post in this thread blasting MTL. You're starting to hyper-ventilate.

Yeah. How could we forget the 7th rounder, the early 7th rounder.
Early 7th rounder is practically a 6th

• Haha
Reactions: jrom

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Habs have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds next year and they are filled with quantity prospects. Trading a late 2nd and definitely get Hage is something they can afford to do.
Exactly and I think both teams are happy with their picks, Hage could really emerge after some tough personal battles and Greentree just seems like the prototypical Kings winger already with size and scoring chops..

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Eh, Sabres did it better.
pat-good.gif

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Habs have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds next year and they are filled with quantity prospects. Trading a late 2nd and definitely get Hage is something they can afford to do.
This was a home run in terms of potential. There is so much to this kid.

The trade itself gave them a legit shot at players like Hage, Connelly, Solberg and Beaudoin. 26 may not have. Made a lot of sense.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Most probably a small group of players.

You know how many hockey websites have been running mock drafts? I'm pretty sure MTL's run hundreds. They know which way the wind is blowing and most likely where the players they're eying will land. I'm guessing if the Habs wanted to nab one of the guys they targeted they'd need a 21st or around pick. So they made that happen.

I'm sure if Lou hadn't grabbed Eiserman Ken would've.
Marinaro stated last night (and McCagg agreed) that Hage was the pick, even if Eiserman was still on the board. Actually, Marinaro called the Hage pick 5 hours before the draft. He was in the know on that one. It was one of the shorts from his YouTube channel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad