Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
People need to relax on the Ceci-Nurse bs. Yes, they didn't play well together, but like people have alluded to, we can get an upgrade on defence later in the year. Ceci and Kulak also have 1 year left, so they'd be easy to move for an upgrade in any trade this year. For now, just get a #6-7 dman and just play with what we got. Broberg is a lock IMO. We should look more solid next year.

RD is such a tough upgrade.

You can want an upgrade but there aren’t many options if we are being realistic.

You can go look like on cap friendly and theres some elite RD out there. And then theres a bunch of mid tier guys. Its like its missing a tier of players. Its a really weird position.

Reactions: K1984 and Oilhawks

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
RD is such a tough upgrade.

You can want an upgrade but there aren’t many options if we are being realistic.

You can go look like on cap friendly and theres some elite RD out there. And then theres a bunch of mid tier guys. Its like its missing a tier of players. Its a really weird position.

Very true. I'm sure we can find something later. For now though, let's just focus on getting another scoring Top 6 player that fits with Draisaitl and fill our Bottom 6.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I

I'm not sure if a legitimate upgrade on Ceci is even available.

The best option might to put Broberg or Kulak in Ceci's spot. Kulak - Ceci as our bottom pair should be good. An expensive 3rd pair, but good.

Edit - looks like I was late to the party on this discussion, and my thoughts were already shared.

If there is no legit option to upgrade Ceci then I'm sorry, but he MUST be traded anyway and Desharnais resigned <$2M... then we save that $~1.5M from Ceci for purchasing power at the deadline.

We can run a 6D that looks like the below and still be in contention for home-ice in the playoffs, but we need a legit minute muncher for Nurse at the deadline. Might as well start saving for that now!

Top pair: Ekholm Bouchard
2nd Pair some nights: Nurse Desharnais
2nd Pair other tnights: Kulak Broberg

Reactions: McDoused

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Didn’t Staiffer say around the draft to not be surprised if the Oilers cleared out cap? I’m thinking someone didn’t waive a no-move clause.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad