Pros:
He can skate and carry the puck.

Cons:
No shot (like at all)
Can't play defence too well
Undersized
Poor passer of the puck
Can't anticipate plays

He's a guy you put in the lineup when you have injuries and just need 8 or 9 minutes of nothing.

Reactions: LeHab and BLNY

del17

Dec 26, 2015
I wonder if the Wings claim him? At the least he can add some speed to their lineup.
I think they will because he does not do anything particularly well . They likely believe he is a Mantha replacement go from size to shrimp. He may even be a spokesman for their new shrimp on pizza

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Minimum wage player on an expiring deal and they could not even get a 5-6-7 rd pick for him, should tell you how much this guy sucks.

can't hit, can't clear from of net, can't shoot the puck, offensive black hole, but he's fast

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
doubt Anaheim claims
they are 49/50 contracts

Dallas could work with their current contracts and roster
Detroit could work
Columbus could work

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Pros:
He can skate and carry the puck.

Cons:
No shot (like at all)
Can't play defence too well
Undersized
Poor passer of the puck
Can't anticipate plays

He's a guy you put in the lineup when you have injuries and just need 8 or 9 minutes of nothing.
We can get him and play him with shattenkirk and play Keystone Cops music when they’re on the ice

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The hyping of Mete based on some advanced stats from previous seasons is a little out of control. I love advanced stats and neat little graphics and charts but they have to be balanced by what you actually see. Too many people are just throwing up fancy colored charts from Twitter like these are EA Sports ratings.

We often talk about players who have skill and smarts but if their skating doesn’t meet an NHL threshold, it’s all for naught. I think the same can apply to strength to some degree. Mete may be a good transition player with solid offensive IQ but he’s really small and plays really small and doesn’t have any standout qualities compared to high level NHL competition.

I think the Habs front office can be criticized a lot and their handling of Mete may be suspect but the fact that they waived Mete and then gave up a pick (marginal though it is) for Merrill should speak to Mete’s current NHL ability. He’s still got sexiness because he’s “young” and some advanced metrics charts say he should be effective and yet something is clearly holding him back and Jon Merrill - by any eye test - is clearly a sturdier third pairing option than Mete in the spring of 2021. And Merrill is about as forgettable of a defenseman as I can imagine.

Reactions: Oneiro and BLNY

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Wow Mete's stock has really fallen....I'm shocked Habs couldn't get a mid-round pick for him at the very least.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Wow, I remember when the Duchene trade was being worked out Mete was considered by many untouchable. I hope a change of scenery flips the script back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00