Waived: [MTL] Habs waive Victor Mete

Status
Not open for further replies.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I’d take him on the Leafs at 735K and trade Dermott so he doesn’t just get taken by Seattle for nothing. Even if we could get a kid round pick better than nothing

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Surprised at this move. I thought the ceiling was pretty high for Mete, and he's very young for a defenceman.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
The problem with Mete is that he doesn’t serve a purpose. He can’t kill penalties because he is way too weak in front of the net. He can’t play on the power play because his shit is too weak and he doesn’t have the offensive IQ to quarterback a power play. So the only way that he is an effective player is at regular strength. For me I feel as if defenceman should be able to at least play on one of the special teams to be useful.

He is a world class skater though.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

del17

Dec 26, 2015
Mete needs a fresh start really made no significant impact and cost habs about a goal a game. I liked him as a person needed to be better developed

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Thought I'd heard a bunch of Habs fans say he looked so much better playing for Ducharme??

Not sure who told you that, but not true at all lol

he can skate like the wind but gets out muscled regularly and doesn’t know what to do with the puck

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
this is the kind of analytics I don’t understand because the eye test of watching him all year did not tell this story, at all

Boring defensive dmen nearly always have bad eye tests unless you're absolutely elite. When they make good plays you rarely notice because it's just a good, steady play, and when they make a big mistake it sticks out. And he's not lighting up the scoresheet.

We had it with Enstrom for years, we're having it now with Demelo.

He's also the same age as (just mentioning Jets players) PLD and Logan Stanley, and we certainly don't think they're done growing.

He's the kind of waiver wire guy someone should absolutely claim, not a guy like Vatanen who is shot. He's free, he's young, and he's solid depth.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
750k for a serviceable 5-7 LHD... Should get claimed. If OTT are planning to move Reilly out at the TDL, they should put a claim on him

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs really wanted him. Habs thought he could be part of their foundation. Fans considered him untouchable. Sakic focused elsewhere and added Girard.

:laugh:

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Habs HF fooled us all. Thought this guy was untouchable at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad