Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] G Connor Hughes signs with the Canadiens (1 year, $775k, two-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
At the time of the signing, besides the 2 NHL goalies, they only had Dobes under contract. He just completed his rookie season, and it would be a huge mistake to play him in the NHL if an injury occured to the other 2.

I don't know anything about his personal life, but at 27 there are considerations such as what country you want to educate any children in, Canada or Switzerland?

He is guaranteed $225,000 regardless of playing in the AHL or ECHL. Most importantly he is a UFA at the end of the year so if he shows well, will be free to sign with anyone that offers him an NHL backup job.
Ok that makes sense. The money won't be the driver then in the first year at lease. In the long run of course he can make more, but for one year, Switzerland would have been more lucrative. Anyways, I wish him the best, seems like a good dude.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A pylon would be an upgrade on Strauss Mann, so as long as he’s better than a pylon, I approve of this signing

I never understood the thinking, why they didn't just send Allen to Laval at the start of the season to work with Dobes and send Mann to 3R but from the 1 game I saw of Hughes he seems like he should be a solid backup for Dobes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad