Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Juraj Slafkovsky signs extension with the Canadiens (8 years, $7.6M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I would’ve thought 8 years, $7M AAV was fair for all sides when considering all angles, but the extra 600k AAV is really nothing, especially with the cap going up every year.

Im just glad a deal got done, and we got him signed for 8 years at a reasonable cap hit. I think this shows faith in him, but he’s the type who’s up to the task. The enthusiasm and work ethic and drive to improve he possesses is exceptional.

The old regime would’ve played hardball and bridged him on a 2 year, $4M deal and ended up going to arbitration with him after. Great work by Hughes and a fair deal for both sides.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
uhh... this is the definition of a boom or bust deal. either it'll look like one of the worst deals in the league or one of the best. not much room for any inbetween.
Uhh, not really. If he just plays the way he did 2nd half of last season, the deal is pretty much right in that "inbetween". Not great, not bad.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The salty leafs fans know this is a good signing and the habs have their core locked up under 8 vs the 10 mil+ playoff no shows in Toronto who’s gm is desperate signing 35 year olds to 8 year deals. Toronto window rapidly closing and Montreal is on the upswing.
hahaha this sounds like the leafs trying to force dion phaneuf to be their #1 RHD defender and captain lol
habs have a few of these contracts
will be fun watching this go=ing forward
suzuki 8mil for covid playoff run
this guy gets 8 for 20 goals on a decent 2nd half of the season I guess and Canfield get paid for scoring a few power play goals ...nice

at least our overpaid players are top of the league in scoring every year

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
he'll probably be worth it. a little worrying tho given how much he has struggled in his career.

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
hahaha this sounds like the leafs trying to force dion phaneuf to be their #1 RHD defender and captain lol
this guy gets 8 for 20 goals on a decent 2nd half of the season I guess and Canfield get paid for scoring a few power play goals ...nice

And where are they in playoff scoring every year lol, keep shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic.

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
He could backslide but if I was a Montreal fan I would be opening up a Molsons and cooking up some poutine. It’s a gamble on both sides but Montreal has a top player for what should be reasonable cost and Slafkovsky has $60.8 million (minus taxes and agent fees but he can live on that).

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

34 year old Tanev and 33 year old OEL for a combined 8 mil. At least OELs contract will be done in 4 years.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
LETSGOOO

I know bridge contracts aren't thing anymore but ,, Really?

I mean it's probably going to work out but next 50 pt kid for Habs is going to point to this and say "Pay me"
If Demidov puts up 50 points as a u20 he can also get 8 mill thank you very much. Slaf is a beast I really doubt this backfires unless he gets seriously hurt

Reactions: MXD

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

This probably makes some sense according to someone.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
He could backslide but if I was a Montreal fan I would be opening up a Molsons and cooking up some poutine. It’s a gamble on both sides but Montreal has a top player for what should be reasonable cost and Slafkovsky has $60.8 million (minus taxes and agent fees but he can live on that).
In 2024, we open Messorems and cook ribs (and that's exactly what I did).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad